Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2023 at 3:55 PM
Default Simblr.cc - A website that hosts TS1 content
I figured I'd share the news here too! I've made a website, which additionally also supports TS1 content

Quote:
Now you've probably seen the attempt before, people getting mad at tumblr and then making a 'Simblr' (Tumblr clone). Though, despite tumblr being sometimes a bit frustrating because of their changes, that's not why this site came to be...

I wanted a place where Storytellers, Creators, and just generic sim players can all be together and get the exposure and fun that they deserve.

Not only that, but also for a place where the TSM community and TS1 can belong somewhere too without the use of a forum.

And eventually, I hope we can make it the home for Life by you and Paralives when that comes out

Plus, it's also NSFW friendly! While the site is initially PG-13, we've got tags and profile settings that allow you to browse NSFW items as well.

I do hope in the future to add a way that people can easily contribute to the site with dead website content, as a contribution. I know Archive.org does this already, but in this case it would be a bit more simmified

If you want to read a bit more on it, I made a post explaining what you can find: Click me!

And of course, the website URL: Simblr.cc
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 22nd Jul 2023 at 7:39 PM
People often ask me how to make their own Sims 1 mods, and I encourage them to share what they've made when they're done. None of them has yet done so, perhaps because it's hard to find a place where they can share Sims 1 content if they haven't made enough of it for it to be worth making their own website. So thanks very much for giving us a place that I can point those people to!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jul 2023 at 9:33 AM
You're welcome! That was my thinking exactly, same with TSM honestly, where there honestly isn't much of a place for those contents to be hosted in a less forum-y way.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 29th Jul 2023 at 10:28 PM
Re:
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
People often ask me how to make their own Sims 1 mods, and I encourage them to share what they've made when they're done. None of them has yet done so, perhaps because it's hard to find a place where they can share Sims 1 content if they haven't made enough of it for it to be worth making their own website. So thanks very much for giving us a place that I can point those people to!

Yes!! Precisely my thought as well.

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Field Researcher
#5 Old 29th Jul 2023 at 10:29 PM
I am happy to see people still interested in Sims 1 and even wanting to make content for it. I've been trying to find active, dedicated hubs for TS1 mods today. Will try out that Simblr.cc!

"Tomorrow may be hell, but today was a good writing day, and on the good writing days nothing else matters." - Neil Gaiman

Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Aug 2023 at 9:43 PM
Just a heads-up, the dead-site Repository part of the site is now live! https://simblr.cc/deadsites/
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 2nd Aug 2023 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Just a heads-up, the dead-site Repository part of the site is now live! https://simblr.cc/deadsites/

Cool!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
#8 Old 4th Aug 2023 at 8:24 AM
Thank you dear Lyralei for creating Simblr I've recently started doing Sims 1 CC and was a little sad that there's no general platform like MTS for uploading things. My CC is also online by now and I hope there's more to come by other creators!

Also, maybe it would be good to link to this in the general Sims 1 forum? Because personally I can find this specific subforum only via Google...
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Aug 2023 at 9:34 AM