Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 2:37 PM
Default Death: How will it play out?
We all know that with the seamless neighborhood, sims can be born, live their lives, and die. But wait, how will the game decide how a sim dies? What if I'm playing the Harris's and sweet old Lucy gets a visit from Grimmy and I was going to extend her life? Or being the absent-minded guy, Dave forgets about his food in the oven and by the time I get to his house he's no more? What about disease? Since our sims can do their own thing, won't they be spreading their pixelated germs around the neighborhood at lighting speed, creating a frustrating epidemic? I know AI will be improved, but EAxis can't improve it too much or it wouldn't be a game anymore.

Note: I hope you guys don't think this is another 'Let's bash TS3!' thread. I'm just concerned about a possible problem that may arise from the seamless neighborhood feature.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 4:59 PM
interesting

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
#3 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:12 PM
This is a very good question.
However I would laugh if their was like a pandemic of the flu around the seamless neighbourhood.
#4 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 7:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwengirl9105
This is a very good question.
However I would laugh if their was like a pandemic of the flu around the seamless neighbourhood.

Omg.. That would be great. XD
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 10:49 PM
hmmm... or a volcanoe erruption blows up the whole neighbour hood
hehe.

umm... i was wondering about the the other day actually. i just rekon EAxis won't bother doing it so the die of fires or anything- just of old age.

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#6 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 11:10 PM
Well I think that the game will probably kill off all the sims you WANT to live, and let live the ones you WANTED the game to kill off.
...or at least that's my luck.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 11:56 PM
I would HATE that...ugh, I never thought of that. I did consider, however, irregularities in aging. If what you're saying is true, that at least won't happen.
Test Subject
#8 Old 31st Jul 2008 at 1:54 AM
Ooh, that would be awful! Although I think that it would be better if the sims aged WHILE you played the family, but they acted like townies, and when you went to play them nothing will have changed? Because honestly, I don't want my sims to walk around, growing up without my permission. And if sims have children, what will they name them? If they die (more on toping ), will their family still be in mourning when you play them again? However, an epidemic would be pretty freakin' sweet!
Test Subject
#9 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 2:54 AM
what if some wacko sim designer created "sims aids" that could be transmitted to them when you download certain sim items online? lmao..
#10 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 3:07 AM
LOL Yeah I'd love an epidemic! It's a pretty cool fun way for your sims to die! But I agree with what JacobEdward said. I don't want my Sims to die unless I approve or am aware of it.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Aug 2008 at 1:38 PM
I have a feeling sims will die without our consent. Or maybe since they have the new Message system, it'd be a message like:

"Nathan's about to die of starvation! Will you save him or feed him to the lions?"

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~