Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 9:10 AM
Default Is it bad that I am not releasing my world?
I started making a world for personal use and don't want to release it. Ever since I said that the people on here seem annoyed, but at the end of the day it's my world and I think I should be able to just have it for personal use. What do you guys think?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 9:59 AM
No it is not bad. People make cc clothes and other stuff for their own use only all the time. There is no writen rule that sais you have to release your creations.
Test Subject
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:07 AM
Your creation, your rules. But, I can understand people getting annoyed when they see something awesome they can't have.
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:14 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure how people would be annoyed, especially here, if you don't release your world? However they may have suggested to make it available in the Creator Feedback Forum for further testing, since it seems you may have had several questions/issues with it as of late, that maybe have been better answered if others had access to it to replicate the issue? Maybe, that's what they meant?

But of course, you have every right to not want to make a public release. I'm pretty sure a great number of people create mods/CC/worlds for the Sims 3, but they never share them for various reasons and that's their prerogative.
And that's no reason to be annoyed, disappointed maybe? But not annoyed.
Test Subject
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 10:24 AM
I agree, it's your World and you should be the one deciding if you want to release it or not.
I already have made like 6 or 7 ( either tiny or small ) Worlds, and only released the first one on the exchange. After working more and seing other Worlds, I've come to a point where I know my work is never gonna be as good as I want it to be for other people to play. I can live with no traffic lights or an all flat world with a clear separation between ground and water ( Tiny worlds do not do well with distant terrains ), as long as the routing and the playability is great. However I don't want to publish those because I just don't think they're good enough to be played by others.
Anyway, no matter your reasons, you can totally create a World just for yourself. And it shouldn't prevent people to help you deal with the issues you have while creating it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lloyd118
I started making a world for personal use and don't want to release it. Ever since I said that the people on here seem annoyed, but at the end of the day it's my world and I think I should be able to just have it for personal use. What do you guys think?

The thread you're referring to is this one?
http://www.modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=581882

We weren't annoyed at all, it's just that if you wanted us to give you a firm diagnosis of the problem, we'd have to playtest the world (or at least look at it in CAW). As long as you're okay with our tentative diagnosis as to the cause of the problem, then that's all fine. No-one expects you to share the world, although we do like seeing pictures if you want to share those in the pictures forums!
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 11:10 AM
No, it's not bad not wanting to release what you made.

If this is referring to your other threads and in particular to my post that you seem to disagree with, well, I didn't ask you to share your world with everybody. But you have several threads in various sections relating to issues with your build. These issues could be resolved much quicker and better if you allowed people to have a look at it. This doesn't mean that you'd have to upload it to MTS. Put it somewhere else, like mediafire, and give people a link - that you can later delete or update with a more current version - so people who have more experience can help you much better. So far, people can only respond to your descriptions and nothing else, not even screenshots, let alone a testing file.
I also suggested to carry this to Creator Feedback, which has a better audience for these issues than Discussions, and besides you could keep it all in one place and one thread. Others who like to learn to use the CAW tool might benefit from such a thread, too.

Edit: Somehwat ninja'd.
Site Helper
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 2:59 PM
It's fine if you don't want to release the world. Some of the worlds which actually were released should not have been.

But, if I were to ask you whether I look better in my black dress with apples all over it, or in my black and white dress (black with a white pattern on it), you would rightfully say that you really can't answer that with the information available, and it would be a lot easier if you were to actually see me in both dresses. If I told you that the apple dress is usually worn around the house and the black and white one is worn to church, but I have also worn the apple dress to church, you would have a slightly bigger clue, but it's still not enough information. If I really pressed you, you might be able to give an answer, but it would be a guess.

This, apparently, is the same situation with your world. "What is causing this?" is a question which is answered more easily when the problem is available for people to actually look at instead of simply getting a description of. There really are times when a fresh set of eyes on the actual problem is helpful.

But it's your world, and you are entitled to keep it under wraps if you want to.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:07 PM
Thanks everyone for replying, I kinda feel bad for asking for help with my world since I'm not releasing it :L I need it for Equus sims lol XD
Site Helper
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 3:24 PM
We are happy to do what we can to help. (Even if my help consists of reading the thread, and saying "wow, that's weird. I hope someone has an answer for him." with the occasional "It would make a lot of sense for a witch's carpool to teleport to work. I wish I knew how to actually do that!" )

And if you're happy with a long list of things that it -might- be rather than "OH!!! I found your problem. Do this to fix it!" then everything is fine.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 4:09 PM
I think your question is more...can I ask for help/feedback about my creations, even though I do not plan to upload it?
And I hope the answer is yes, absolutely.
The Creator's Feedback forum was probably created for uploaders as a pre-test, pre-release tool. This is how it is advertised anyway, and I too, got scared of it. I only used it once. Since I have no plans to start sharing my stuff, I felt like I was taking advantage of a *service* ?...and quitting right when I would have gotten what I needed from it, not giving anything in return aka: having that creation ending up in uploads.
So, if this is what you wonder about, then I hope people on here will be able to make you feel comfortable. I don't think helping is asking anything in return, and I am pretty sure, MTS members have gotten that a long time ago

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Alchemist
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2016 at 5:12 PM
Yes. Shame on you. I own everything
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 4:50 AM
Ignore the past two jokesters. You are welcome to help, whether you want to upload something or not. The more info you provide, the better the quality of help that can be offered. Good luck!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Aug 2016 at 6:39 AM
I take other people's worlds, populate them and fix them, and use them as my own but since I didn't make the base world I would never share it. Making a world from scratch is a lot of work, and most are done poorly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 2:09 AM
Lol some of these replys are funny you guys are awesome and kind, thanks a lot for making me feel better XD <3
Alchemist
#17 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 8:41 AM
Mind posting some pictures of your world? XD <3
Field Researcher
#18 Old 26th Aug 2016 at 4:41 PM
Eh. I've made a few worlds (using other maps, including EA premium worlds, as a base) that I've completely overhauled to my tastes. I've never released them. Although mine are pretty unplayable because I'm an idiot.

Seriously though, there are hundreds upon hundreds of amazing worlds of all shapes, sizes, and themes.
Instructor
#19 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 12:43 AM
Actually, the bigger problem is people releasing worlds which should not have been released. I remember one where many of the buildings did not have doors and windows. Not that I found myself missing much, because most of the buildings were not all that good, anyway. Some worlds were absolutely unplayable; remember London?

When a designer releases it reflects on them. A substandard or buggy world does not reflect well.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 6:04 AM Last edited by igazor : 28th Aug 2016 at 5:43 PM.
Ah, you kids today with your airs, graces, and highfalutin requirements of luxuries like doors and windows. Do you really think the caves and literal holes in the ground in which many of us grew up had those things? We were lucky to have a teapot or at least a friend willing to share one (priorities, you know)...and don't be disgusting, those of you I know are thinking it, I mean in which to actually make tea.

But yeah, big cities were a mess back then.
dodgy builder
#21 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 9:51 AM
Making a tea world would be nice. It's even possible to make hole for the actual tea in the middle with a 60x60 lot or something. I would have to be squared though
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Aug 2016 at 3:25 PM
I might post some pictures of my world, its based on a place called Goa in India
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 4:18 AM
Hey, it's your world, your hard work, your call!