Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 2:00 PM
Default CAW retaining walls curves?
As my title reads...

I have downloaded the retaining walls on here which are amazingly done!

The only thing I really miss are CURVES, it are always corners. Wouldn't it be nice to have beautiful retaining walls but in curves?

I really wonder why EA never has come to that idea for CAW...

Sadly I cannot make such things myself, it'd be nice if somebody could make those tho
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 3:43 PM
It would be nice, but I suppose they decided to save on the poly count. Or something.

Unfortunately, MTS has a policy of not allowing requests unless you pm an appropriate creator on the list of creators who take requests. And the last time I checked the Sims 3 list, you were going to be out of luck unless you were looking for poses, tattoos, or pet markings.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
dodgy builder
#3 Old 29th Dec 2016 at 11:24 PM
There is curves around, it just depends on what walls you choose. The castle walls from Monte Vista have curves. You could google for it, that often works better than having to search through tons of posts on this forum.

In the menu at the top, click create/sims3/create-a-world to get to the right forum.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 12:25 AM
Definitely what Volvenom said- the Monte Vista retaining walls have curves.

You can also use the shorter retaining walls here to make curves as well:
http://modthesims.info/t/483599
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2016 at 7:16 PM
yeah but I don't like the Monte V walls, it makes your town looks Italian It bothers me I cannot make a decent European town with normal walls

I did download the assorted retaining walls and they're great but a long ass work :p
dodgy builder
#6 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 2:43 PM
You can recolor the walls from Monte Vista. There is some tutorials for that. I have to do that myself soon. If you're going for something french, a recolor might be all you need.

Last time I did that I just added a photofilter to the textured image in Photoshop.
Instructor
#7 Old 8th Jan 2017 at 6:51 PM
Generally, if you want to have custom scenery items, you have to make them yourself. Fortunately for you, this is a pretty simple project.

There are a number of tutorials on object making, both here and elsewhere. TJ Streak used to have a series of tutorials on object making at his site. http://tjstreakssims.blogspot.com I don't know if this site is still active -- TJ has been gone for about five years. (He would make stuff for free, but got tired of all the carping and complaining.)

The trouble with a curved wall is the radius. These walls really have to be custom made for a particular use. If someone made you a wall, it probably would be either too big or too small. It is a process of trial and error. You make a wall, sticki it in game, and see if it fits right. If it doesn't, you go back into milkshape and adjust the size then reinstall it. This part of the process is quite time consuming.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 11:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
Generally, if you want to have custom scenery items, you have to make them yourself. Fortunately for you, this is a pretty simple project.

There are a number of tutorials on object making, both here and elsewhere. TJ Streak used to have a series of tutorials on object making at his site. http://tjstreakssims.blogspot.com I don't know if this site is still active --

The link doesn't work and okay but it would have been cool for them to add more walls in general and some basic curved walls, I mean without the download of the retaining walls, you basically have got NOTHING... kinda sad