Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Apr 2008 at 11:54 PM
Default For Everyone who wants supernatural characters..
I know a lot of people have been worried that they weren't going to have any 'supernatural' characters (aliens, vampires ect) in TS3. Well it looks like they are!

Quoted from:
http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3167273&p=1

1UP Community: The supernatural aspects of TS1 and TS2 have always been some of my favorite game features. Will you continue adding supernatural features in The Sims 3?

BB: The supernatural aspects in The Sims games have always been fan favorites, not to mention favorites within our studio! We're creating some fun surprises new and old fans are going to love in The Sims 3. [Editor's Note: Of course, love of the supernatural isn't unanimous. "I personally absolutely hate everything supernatural in The Sims 2," laughed Sims Studio head Rod Humble during GFW's cover story visit, "but the team loves putting it in by way of mocking. So the expansion pack team now designates, 'What supernatural thing do we put in to piss off Rod?' Because I really, really hate it."
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 2:59 AM
Whee! Strangeness in TS3!

Just a thought, but, maybe there will be aliens in TS3. But I hope they get more than just a green skin and some really black eyes.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:03 AM
Cool! I am glad they are putting Aliens/Vampires in it, if Zombies are coming then that also means we get the resurrection thinf (Which could mean Uni comes along as well?), I wonder what the surpises they mentioned are, hmm maybe new supernatural creatures?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 7:03 AM
well i am not sure what kind of creatures, but i hope for aliens
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 8:02 AM
I wasn't worried, of course they will, it aint the Sims without them.
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 3:58 AM
Awesome. I'd love to see:

Frankenstein monsters - can be made by sims with high logic, with bizarre, unsatisfactory results for sims who attempt it with low/mid logic
Werewolves - as long as they mimic Teen Wolf and can surf on cars
Zombies - as long as they get to eat brains and break into Thriller-esque dance when large groups of them conglomerate

And of course, ALIENS

.:Kitty Klan:.
Visit for Sims 3 Hair, Tattoos, and other free custom content downloads.

.For website updates, subscribe to my RSS feed at.
Dreamwidth Blog
#7 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 8:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robokitty
Zombies - as long as they get to eat brains and break into Thriller-esque dance when large groups of them conglomerate

I would buy it just for that. LOL
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 10th Apr 2008 at 9:21 PM
Oh I love the supernatural stuff, but I hope they put real effort in them if they include the creatures. I and other people have given some suggestions over the years. For example:

Vampires - Probably best implemented creature in Sims 2 so far, but could still use a bit elaboration. Like the drinking blood thing. Instead of having to eat and drink they should get this "blood loss" condition from time to time and only way for them to have it cured would be biting people. This heals it for the vampire, but inflicts it on the victim, but ordinary sims can recover from it with food and rest. Also, the bite should only have a pretty low random chance of turning the victim to a vampire, and the chance could be influenced upward or downward by carrying certain kinds of amulets, and perhaps by being bitten multiple times in pretty short period (risky because another bite when you have blood loss should kill you.) The reason for this is that vampire epidemics are annoying and making turning your sim to a vampire a more challenging.

Werewolves - Pretty meh as they are now. There's that personality change over time, but I think it would be cooler if there was a some sort of dual personality thing going. Maybe the sim and weresim could even believe themselves to be 2 different persons, or for more extreme portrayal, the weresim could have an opposite personality, hate people he loves and try to ruin his life.

2 main points are that they need to be different enough and have enough downsides to balance their advantages. It'd also be nice if the sims would react differently to some more bizarre creatures, especially if they have xenophobia or xenophilia traits or something to the effect.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:18 AM
Awesome. I'd love to see:

LOL! That is so funny
Field Researcher
#10 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 4:28 AM
THRILLER! For that, I would buy whatever expansion pack zombies might come with, even if it was awful and crappy and buggy.
Scholar
#11 Old 11th Apr 2008 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by princesshaichu
THRILLER! For that, I would buy whatever expansion pack zombies might come with, even if it was awful and crappy and buggy.

Even if it makes your sims go to Uni??? :insane:

Dreamwidth Blog
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Apr 2008 at 8:22 PM
There should be some supernatural with pets too. Like Chimeras, dragons, zombie dogs/cats, plant pets, and grim reaper pets (or grim reaper for pets).

This is something I wanted since the original Sims.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 4:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 1306
Whee! Strangeness in TS3!

Just a thought, but, maybe there will be aliens in TS3. But I hope they get more than just a green skin and some really black eyes.

Yes, better looking aliens please
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 2:27 PM
I care less about looks, but there could be something more alien about them. Maybe they are telepathic, but have some weird alien urges... or are allergic to grilled cheese sandwitches.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Scholar
#15 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kissamies
I care less about looks, but there could be something more alien about them. Maybe they are telepathic, but have some weird alien urges... or are allergic to grilled cheese sandwitches.

That's a cool idea. It always bugged me how being "alien" was just cosmetic.

Maybe aliens could be the only sims who can levitate upon meditation.
Or maybe they could have a special "probe" interaction.

Or they could have some sort of absurd, contrived weakness to water that makes Mel Gibson believe in God!

It's also be cool if sims reacted differently to aliens, stopping to stare at them, running away in fear, or approaching them like fangirl groupies depending on their interests.

Dreamwidth Blog
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:04 PM
Or maybe they could have a special "probe" interaction.

...Oh gosh, please not a special "probe" interaction. :-|
Inventor
#17 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:11 PM
LOL you guys, these are some great ideas! :laugh:
Forum Resident
#18 Old 15th Apr 2008 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kissamies
allergic to grilled cheese sandwitches.
No way! :D
Quote: Originally posted by Chandi
grim reaper pets (or grim reaper for pets).
Like the Death of Rats?
Scholar
#19 Old 17th Apr 2008 at 3:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LongTallSally
...Oh gosh, please not a special "probe" interaction. :-|

Click on male sim, pie menu-Probe, *wacky animation*, male sim is now pregnant.

I think that's pretty awesome as a special power for aliens--the ability to impregnate men.

Dreamwidth Blog
Field Researcher
#20 Old 14th May 2008 at 12:49 PM
Click on male sim, pie menu-Probe, *wacky animation*, male sim is now pregnant.

I think that's pretty awesome as a special power for aliens--the ability to impregnate men.

I would buy it for that alone.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 14th May 2008 at 2:16 PM
Probe That sounds sick--I'll buy TS3 to see that!

Anyways, aliens should have maximun logic and creative skill points. They'd probably come in different colors, skins and hairstyles (I don't know how to call them).

Oh, and Bigfoot should make a comeback for TS3. I just adore him too much! :p
#22 Old 16th May 2008 at 2:25 AM
There should be different races of aliens and you get a random race each time you get abducted. The races could all hate different ones and like the others. It would be up to you to make peace with all the races.

Okay, that's a bit too much. But it would be cool. (=
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 22nd May 2008 at 4:53 AM
Zzelda16 - That would be AWESOME. I like the idea that alien sims have special traits, likes/dislikes and such.

I hope Servos make a comeback in TS3. But I want EAxis to make them more complex and intricate--not just a few bits and bobs put together to make a robot.
Test Subject
#24 Old 29th May 2008 at 8:02 AM
I'm rooting for better werewolves. I never likes the whole "hair man" werewolves. Maybe instead of only changing hair a skintone, there could be an overlaying facial mask that made a wolfish face? Not to mess up your sims' genetics, but simply a wolf face mesh that would go over the original face during nighttime.
#25 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 11:44 PM
These ideas are all genius. It always irriated me that Pollinator could impregnate sims, but my aliens never could. I'm not sure how they could pull that one off tastefully though.
Page 1 of 2