Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 4:04 PM
Default Clothes?
I don't know if this is mentioned anywhere, but i wonder, if objects are customizable ingame, what about clothes? can we change their colors and styles without downloads? Do you think that there will be any downloads for the sims3 ?
Advertisement
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 4:29 PM
Hmm, it would be really nice if we could change clothes color and styles, despite that i think that the second one won't be included.
And, yes, i think we'll still have downloads. Because if we can't change the shape of the piece of clothing, we'll want to get it somewhere and we'll download it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 4:37 PM
If they'll be like the customisable ones that came with freetime, don't know how much we'll be able to customise them besides adding new fabrics. I pretty much doubt that we'll be able to use a panties mesh to create some leggins and tight tee like we do in Sims2.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 5:56 PM
I know it's unlikely to happen, but it'd be neat if you had three everyday outfits if your sim would randomly pick which one to wear each day. I mean, it doesn't bother me that my sims wear the same clothes all the time, but it'd still be nice. They'd need to allow you to mix & match the separate tops and bottoms to create/assign outfits, though, so your sim wouldn't randomly dress in some weird/clashing type clothing. Unless you made those outfits for them, of course.
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2008 at 8:14 PM
It'd be cool if you could apply different colours, as well as patterns/fabrics/textures to your Sims clothes. I think that makes sense since this feature will be available in different areas of the game, so I'm quite hopeful for it. Like, we should be able to do it with furniture and different items for the houses.

I think eventually there will be a large CC community, with lots of meshes and stuff to download -- and hopefully if I get my wish, different fabrics, patterns and textures to apply to clothes (and furniture). Also, I hope CC meshes will still be able to have textures and what not applied to them instead of having lots of recolours.

I don't download much CC, but if there was the possibility of importing your own textures to apply to clothes/furniture I'd totally download them lol. I can see myself becoming quite obsessed.

I think it would be cool if we could change a Sim's hair type too so different styles will look different on each Sim. Kind of like with Pets in Sims 2 - you can select whether their fur is curly, straight, messy-looking etc.
#6 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 10:46 AM
Where is a problem with the texture picker, it will create the same texture on the object, you can probably have different texture areas like a belt on a set of pants can have different texture. This will work for some types of clothing who might have a uniform texture like sweaters and skirts. It will not work if you want to see pockets, seams or fading like on jeans pant shorts or skirts, it will not work for t-shirts with a motto or logo.
This will be the same for furniture; with a standard texture you can forget borders and details.
A good feature but it will not replace good recolors.