Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 6:54 PM
Default Where are the kids?
um...has anyone else noticed there are no pictures of kids, babies, or recognisable teens or anything? have i missed it, are they purposefully withholding that information, or is it just implied that it would be the same as sims 2....what about improvements to this aspect of the game, will they inherit personality traits of their parents as well as genitics? will the births be different, do we get to follow our kids to school?

it's like children of the corn in reverse, did the sims murder all of their children for jumping on the furniture too much?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 6:57 PM
I think there are going to be kids, they just didn't put them into that early test-game. They've still got quite a ways to go.
#3 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by annachibi
I think there are going to be kids, they just didn't put them into that early test-game. They've still got quite a ways to go.

yeah... they must finish the (male and felmale) adult sims and then, after they have all the script they need, they will model the other age groups too :D

or other theory would be if they just forgot about them T.T it happens
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 7:06 PM
lol the only reason why i'm concerned was that the generational thing was used as such a big marketing tool for the sims 2, that was their angle, with this shouldn't it be another major aspect of the game?

i cannot wait until i see the sim babies, what interactions they can have with their kids, will there be a sparate list of traits for kids? can you do more with infants?

maxis stop it with the theatrics and tell me!
#5 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:28 PM
On one of the fan...*things*...there was a video of the sound/voice recording--It was a woman doing the kid voice kicking over a can.
Don't fret, I'm sure kids will be in it
#6 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:32 PM
I just hope the improvements to kids and babies are phenomenal to keep us waiting.
#7 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:37 PM
I'm certain there will be children in TS3...it's not like the gamemakers would want to take a step back, and go TS1 style, right? Besides, one of the best things about playing Sims is to watch children grow and mature.
Scholar
#8 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:45 PM
Another possibility is that they really are introducing gradual aging in TS3, but they want to shroud it in secrecy awhile before bombarding us with pics of children in a multitude of different stages- young kids, older kids, young teens, etc. ...At least, that's what I'm hoping for.

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Instructor
#9 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allison
I'm certain there will be children in TS3...it's not like the gamemakers would want to take a step back, and go TS1 style, right? Besides, one of the best things about playing Sims is to watch children grow and mature.

Definitely will be kids. We already know Sims can grow and age; and that families go on expanding through generations. I wouldn't want Mrs. Sim giving birth to an... adult

I think they'll publish images of Sim children as soon as they release more in-depth information about the gradual aging.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 20th Mar 2008 at 10:13 PM
Hope babies will have clothes this time. And that sims won't drop them to the floor anymore because the phone rang or something. I noticed with Freetime that they tend to hand the baby to one another if they need something else to do, so maybe there is hope.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 2:52 AM
I think you'd have to be rather silly to actually believe and even worry that children would not be in the game. I mean, come on now, they existed in Sims 1 and 2, of course they will in Sims 3. That is kind of stupid that EA would even take THAT much of a step backwards. Besides, didn't you read in the articles where it said that NPC Sims will grow up and marry and have children, etc. It's just that EA cannot show everything right away. We have a year left and they are trying to show us little by little. Otherwise if they showed us everything at once, what would there be left to look forward to? The wait of the release would seem even longer than it does currently. It just doesn't make sense, you know? Also, if you read some of the articles you would have learned that the voice actress who did the voices for children is returning to Sims 3 to do the children's voices again. I am so excited that we may just get the same voices as Sims 2 after all! Sims 1 voices were so different and I didn't care for them as much. They even sounded more robotic, too.
#12 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 10:37 AM
Lol it'd be really funny if they left kids out..like they did in ALL the sims2 console games..lol ^^
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 7:38 PM
I think the kids at the far right in this picture look rather young. The girl, at least. Perhaps these are teenagers?
http://pc.ign.com/dor/pc/802129/ima...9104842928.html
Mad Poster
#14 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:01 PM
She looks a bit shorter but she is also bent a bit. Also, it looks like every Sim has been the same height like in Sims 2, so I guess it's a no-go for different heights, lol.
Inventor
#15 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:06 PM
I seriously doubt they'll leave kids and tots out. In fact, if we're lucky, they might add new age groups. In the off chance they leave toddlers and children out, they can count me as a non-buyer. Kids and tots happen to be one of my favorite parts of the game.
Test Subject
#16 Old 21st Mar 2008 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tyrannus
I think the kids at the far right in this picture look rather young. The girl, at least. Perhaps these are teenagers?
http://pc.ign.com/dor/pc/802129/ima...9104842928.html

My theory about that picture, and some of the others, is that there probably is going to be gradual aging. Most of those adults look like they are probably meant to be "young adults", kind of in-between the Uni age we got with Sims2, and the adult age. If this were true, it would make sense, because if they are testing the game/making screen shots, and just made a bunch of new Sims and stuck them in the city to hang out, they would likely be at a "young adult" stage (assuming that when you go to create an adult in some create-a-sim equivalent, they start out at age 20-something).

The big thing I wanna know about gradual aging is... what about birthday parties?!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 4:53 PM
Also remember that the adults are in fact the most popular and the most played with, so it is only natural to show them first.
Instructor
#18 Old 22nd Mar 2008 at 5:05 PM
Maybe the fact we can alter their fat/muscle would affect how a sim looks age wise.

The Sim Tyrannus thinks could be a teen sort of looks thinner than the two other female Sims. Perhaps this is why she looks younger? Don't forget we're used to Teens/Kids being thinner and more box-shaped lol.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 23rd Mar 2008 at 3:05 AM
And that's the thing... if each life stage now has different heights, you may confused a tall teen for a short adult. This is why there are no different heights because it's more identifiable. You can identify an adult, for example, because it is that height that makes it obvious. So while I would love different heights, they can be tricky. Unless it is a simple deal, like short, normal and tall... just those three for each stage. Then that can be a bit better.
Test Subject
#20 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 10:36 AM
Actually there is:

http://www.snootysims.com/thesims3/...thesims3-30.jpg

Source: snootysims