Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
Default Buy New Clothing?
i haven't exactly got a chance to play the game much,
but i've noticed that there's pretty much no way to buy new clothes for your sim.

maybe i'm just stupid, maybe not.
but does anyone know how i can purchase my sim new clothes ingame?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
All clothing is available. As far as I know, you can't buy new clothing since its already there.
Alchemist
#3 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:33 PM
Yup you don't have to buy clothes
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:52 PM
just like in TS1, I guess...

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:56 PM
oh, i see.

but how exactly do i change my sims clothes then?

sorry if i'm being difficult,
i'm just a bit confused.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 8:57 PM
You can click on a closet while having one of your sims active and then press "change outfit.."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
yes, i understand that.
but when i use a dresser and go to change my sims outfit,
i just have the choices of the outfits she/he already had.
(everday 1, formal 1, etc.)

it doesn't give me the option of changing the actual outfit.
sorry if that's confusing.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:00 PM
Go to a dresser and chose 'plan outfit', it will take you to basically CAS. You can have up to three outfits for your sim from each category and they can be changed at any time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
Go to a dresser and chose 'plan outfit', it will take you to basically CAS. You can have up to three outfits for your sim from each category and they can be changed at any time.

thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 2nd Jun 2009 at 9:20 PM
I'm quite disappointed about this feature. Sure, it's nice not to have to go shopping all the time, but with the new extended neighbourhood it wouldn't be such a pain in the *ss. What I really wanted is my vain/snob/flirty sims to have wishes about buying "this pair of shoes", stuff like that, I know, I'm pretty shallow myself I thought I read about that somewhere, back when the game was just a stub, and it really stayed in my mind, so when I realized it wouldn't be true, I was really disappointed.