Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 7:50 PM
Default 1.10/2.5/3.1 Patch
There's a new one out. Unfortunately, my launcher's still broken so I can't install it until someone posts it on here.

The link is here: http://www.thesims3.com/community/n...2010#1006923935

This game update includes:
Fixes issues with the Input Method Editor for players on the Japanese SKU. Also addresses some functionality errors in the launcher.
Fixes a bug that prevents collectible Beetles from showing up in game.
Fixes a bug that causes Sims to teleport off of some of the new beds in SP01.
Fixes crashes and stalls when multiple patches are being installed.

So it still isn't fixing the launcher. *Sigh*
Advertisement
Banned
#2 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:01 PM
Oh god damnit, I haven't even updated to the HELS patch...now I probably have to wait for Awesomemod to update AGAIN.

Edit: Woop, cool. SimPrograms has all the patches, including 1.9/2.4. It's so scary to have to use two separate patches, though!
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:11 PM
I'm really glad that I still haven't gotten around to installing HELS. Maybe I'll just wait a few more weeks and see what the coding monkeys figure out.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Feb 2010 at 8:26 PM
I just saw this update a little while ago. I'm not installing it until AM is updated, though.
#5 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:12 AM
Another patch. What a shock.
Banned
#6 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:12 AM
Patches are to be expected for PC games. They are not a bad thing.
#7 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Claeric
Patches are to be expected for PC games. They are not a bad thing.

Yes, one. Two. Maybe three.

More than that? I'd call it Frankenstein. And he's not a PC game.
Banned
#8 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:19 AM
Well, that just shows you have very little history with PC games.

Complaining about a patch is like complaining about the landlord coming in and fixing cracks in the wall, chipped paint, and other minor annoyances.

A patch is a good thing. Lots of patches is not a bad thing. Getting things fixed is a good thing. Complaining about patches or the amount of patches is absolutely inexcusably childish. They are for your benefit.
Scholar
#9 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:32 AM
Unfortunately, as of late, EA's patches break as much if not more than they fix. Oh well, at least they don't have the "primp" action to kick around anymore.
#10 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:51 AM
Well, that just shows you have very little history with PC games.

Complaining about a patch is like complaining about the landlord coming in and fixing cracks in the wall, chipped paint, and other minor annoyances.

A patch is a good thing. Lots of patches is not a bad thing. Getting things fixed is a good thing. Complaining about patches or the amount of patches is absolutely inexcusably childish. They are for your benefit.

Except in that scenario, the landlord didn't build the apartment himself.

EA created the game, failed to beta test it properly and is now offering patch after patch to cover up their mess. Don't make it sound like they're doing this because they love you so much.

If someone kicked you in the butt and handed you an icepack to numb the pain, would you automatically forget the kick?
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 3:01 AM
I'm underwhelmed at this patch. With all the things that are currently buggy, the list of fixes was tiny. I was really hoping for a fix for the WA family tree bug.
Test Subject
#12 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 3:10 AM
When it comes to patches, games like the Sims are pretty light. Other games for PC that are more for 'developed gamers' can have ten patches that are 100mb each. I'm counting myself lucky for this bout. I've certainly sat around patching my RPGs for hours on end more often than I've ever done for any Sims game.

I'm only updating to 1.8 so I can use the CAW tool. I've been downloading and installing all the missing patches for hours now (it's 5:08AM). After 1.8, you won't find me patching for a while. I'm one of the few people who didn't experience a single error or crash or launcher issue, so I didn't see a need for it until I downloaded CAW and saw it needed the patches. >.>

And yes, Simprograms does have all the patches, and they're very specific about making sure you download the patch that's correct for your region, which no other site I've seen was. Highly reccommended, I'm using them for 1.8 now.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 3:52 AM
I really wish they'd fix the lighting issues. I want my lighting to go back to how it was before I installed WA. I can't believe they're taking so long to fix it.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 4:34 AM Last edited by bakafox : 10th Feb 2010 at 4:56 AM.
I'd be less angry at constant patching if:

1.)For me to enjoy Sims I didn't need a ton of mods and CC to keep things fresh and make the control levels I desire over neighborhoods.
or
2.)EA could somehow keep things 'backwards compatible' so that EVERY SINGLE little patch or update didn't break so many core or other mods (and possibly even random CC, I'm running out of mods and hacks to pull out of the folder and STILL can't run the game.)

EDIT:
Apparently the launcher corrupted or botched the patch/install. Yay, uninstalling and reinstalling is just how I wanna spend some of my free time *grumps* But at least I can co back to JUST the HEL patch.
Scholar
#15 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 4:35 AM
Damn. I liked having my sims teleport off the bed. It's fun to see where they end up. I don't think I'll add this one in yet. I don't feel like taking my mods out yet again. The only thing I've been having problem with is hair that lags my game. Teleporting off of beds was a cool new feature as far as I was concerned. I noticed it after the previous patch--must have had something to do with the heart shaped bed in HELS. Duh.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShortyBoo
I really wish they'd fix the lighting issues. I want my lighting to go back to how it was before I installed WA. I can't believe they're taking so long to fix it.

um . . . have you tired putting an extra light bulb in? . . . or a larger window. The lighting issue is like one ant on the wall. . . Compared to the Sim3 pack issue thats a giant black poisonous spider . . .

If you house is too dark, add a few more lights and a bigger window. Its not as if your house is CONSTANTLY dark.
Scholar
#17 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
Damn. I liked having my sims teleport off the bed. It's fun to see where they end up. I don't think I'll add this one in yet. I don't feel like taking my mods out yet again. The only thing I've been having problem with is hair that lags my game. Teleporting off of beds was a cool new feature as far as I was concerned. I noticed it after the previous patch--must have had something to do with the heart shaped bed in HELS. Duh.

Besides the aquarium, the Sims launching themselves out of their beds was my motivation for buying the pack. Of all the things for them to fix....
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#18 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CharmingFirewaller
Except in that scenario, the landlord didn't build the apartment himself.
And would that change the scenario if he did?

EA created the game, failed to beta test it properly and is now offering patch after patch to cover up their mess. Don't make it sound like they're doing this because they love you so much.
So, what, you'd rather they didn't fix it?

If someone kicked you in the butt and handed you an icepack to numb the pain, would you automatically forget the kick?
I am not seeing how this analogy really follows. EA isn't performing these actions out of a malicious desire to sabotage the user, and the patches lately appear to be benign: They fix or repair, rather than trying to eliminate functionality we want.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Banned
#19 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 5:31 AM
The only patch that eliminated functionality was the one that got rid of reaper sex and death babies.

Apart form that, patches are for your benefit, and you simply cannot justify having issue with them.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 5:52 AM
Is this 1.10 patch made up? I can't find any evidence that one exists, even though everyone on the forums is talking about it.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#21 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 6:00 AM
The only patch that eliminated functionality was the one that got rid of reaper sex and death babies.
Yeah, but the reaper thing was actually a horrible bug, because the reaperbabies didn't actually have proper skin resources.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Banned
#22 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 6:02 AM
Well, neither do mummies, I believe. Editing them reveals a pitch black skin, and giving them normal skin gives it a very dynamic sheen.

But then mummy editing requires outside interference.
Banned
#24 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 6:49 AM
Well, crap. This patch busted the launcher more than ever- I can't get my sims3packs, some of them, to reinstall.

This includes the Gothique Fullset, purchased from the store.

It says I need to check to make sure the game is up to date. And using a sims3pack extracter just breaks the game further, it won't load any files extracted from a sims3pack as a package.
Field Researcher
#25 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 7:27 AM
Sounds like things are messed-up again... *sigh* I still haven't gotten around to installing HELS because of AwesomeMod and it looks like I'll be waiting even longer to do so...

[EDIT:] Can anyone confirm this new patch even conflicts with AwesomeMod?
Page 1 of 5