Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2012 at 5:13 PM
Default 1.31-1.33 Question
If you are on base game patch version 1.31, 1.32, or 1.33 (the latest patch series), your input would be helpful.

Previously, if you were on a lower patch version, custom sims packaged with custom hairstyles (that you didn't have installed) could cause your game to crash to desktop (no error, it'd just disappear).

Me and several others have noticed that this doesn't seem to happen post-1.31 - if you don't have the custom hair, even though it's definitely used on the sim, your game doesn't crash, it just defaults back to that hair.

If you are on 1.31 or later, can you confirm that this is the case in your game as well?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2012 at 7:16 PM
Interesting! I just went off and re-downloaded a sim I downloaded a year and a half or so ago who was made using custom hair and who crashed my game at that time (even though I had already installed the custom hair before installing the sim), to try as a test. I put her in my game again and now she's fine, CAS just substitutes a default base game hair and doesn't crash, hooray! I'm on patch 1.33.