Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:34 PM
Default The Sims Community
I have played & owned every Sims game there has been & loved my time but now things have changed. I thought The Sims community where meant to be very friendly & very very helpful. For months now I have been posting, blogging & PMing Simmers for a request to be made on here, Thesimsresource & Thesims3 which I have been a loyal member to all three sites since The Sims 1 days. Not one response as it is the last item I need to complete my Million Simloanian Farmhouse in Appaloosa Plains. I have even had a Member of Staff on Thesimsresource be very rude to me & ban me from there Forums

Unfortunately I am unable to Mod & Create stuff for The Sims which is the only reason I am asking as this is very important to me. I am very sorry if I have offended any Simmers I have just had enough of being treated like trash.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:37 PM
I can't speak for the rudeness of TSR, but I think it's unreasonable to expect that someone fulfills your request here. Yeah, it's nice when it happens, but if you bug people about it incessantly, it's just going to annoy creators and achieve nothing. Modders voluntarily spend their time creating custom content; they are not at your beck and call. If you desperately need an item to finish your home, don't waste months asking modders to do it for you. Instead, download the free programs every creator uses, learn about custom content, and make that item for yourself. This is what a lot of modders do, and some of them choose to share the creations they make with the community. If your computer can run TS3, it can probably run the programs you need to make an object. The only limit is your willingness to try.

TL;DR: If you want it done right, you need to do it yourself.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:43 PM
Dear Element, I have not been bugging creators or other Simmers so please do not judge. Also it maybe easy for some people to use the programs to create but unfortunately I suffer with autism & am unable to create as I stated in my first message which is why I am asking for help.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Forum Resident
#4 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:50 PM
You can ask if this item has been made before in WCIF (Where Can I Find) board, but note that there is not a board on MTS where you can make requests.

"Given enough time, hydrogen starts to wonder where it came from, and where it is going." - Edward R. Harrison
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2014 at 11:57 PM
I know you can not request on hear. Also I know 100% my item has never been made. I just felt very very frustrated with the way I have been treated. I know that creators are not hear just for me so please do not think that is what I am saying, Just the rudeness of staff as I thought The Sims Community was meant to be very very friendly & very very helpful as I have not experienced that.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:12 AM
So take it up with them. Nobody here is going to be able to do anything about how you were apparently treated on other forums.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:17 AM
This is exactly how I have been treated by The Sims Community BL00DIEDHELL. Which is exactly the opposite of what The Sims Community represents which I Friendliness & Kindness. There really is no need to be like that BL00DIEDHELL.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Mad Poster
#8 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:22 AM
Oh so your poor treatment is just a mild pointing out your mistakes, got it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:25 AM
What is that meant to mean BL00DIEDHELL. There is no need for you to be rude or disrespectful. Maybe you should learn some manners.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:30 AM
The community on here is great, but I've never seen you post before. Did you try pming a creator who makes what it is that you want?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:31 AM
Or you should grow a thicker skin?

Let me state this again. You have come to Mod the Sims to explain that you were apparently treated badly and banned by other Sims sites. I am not denying that sucks, and yes, if I were in your position I'd probably be a bit pissed as well. However, I am saying that there is nothing the people here of MTS are able to do about it, because we are a separate forum. If you have an issue, which you clearly do, then it would be in your best interest to get it resolved with those responsible, who would be the people of the official forum and The Sims Resource. I am, if anything, being only slightly rude in the form of sarcasm, because you are complaining to the wrong people.

This is not anything new, and damn near every forum I have ever been on will not do anything about a member's issues with another site.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:33 AM
Thank you very much for responding joandsarah77. Yes I have messaged a few creators who have made a similar item for The Sims 1 & The Sims 2 but not one single response.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Field Researcher
#13 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:45 AM
While I understand you're unable to do for yourself, please understand that that doesn't make anyone else required to do anything for you. It's a sucky part of life, but, as was already said, if you want something right you've gotta do it yourself (and, if you can't - don't get upset when others won't.)

Moving past that, have you tried blogs? There are many simmers on tumblr (running what are called "simblrs") that do take requests & might be willing to help you. You've just got to keep searching. Best of luck.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:48 AM
You need to read over the thread 'Creators who take requests for sims 3' because making for TS1 or TS2 doesn't mean someone makes for 3. I build lots for Sims 2 but not for 3. Hope you find someone. Maybe try posting to Sims 3 discussion for awhile and getting known first. There is also the GOS wishing Tree, but again people don't like it if you have a couple of posts and then start asking. Post and chat awhile first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 12:51 AM
Hello NaeShelle, Thank you for responding to my post. Yes as I said in my original post I have tried Posting Blogging & Pming. Although I have been trying for about 1 year I have not given up I just got frustrated & hit a brick wall with all the negativity. Thank you NaeShelle I will try simblrs.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Alchemist
#16 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 6:59 AM
Nobody has treated you negatively, A.B.Pearce. Everybody tells you that requesting is not allowed here, but you keep thinking it's a negative treat against you. No, it's not negative at all. Nobody is entitled to fulfill your request so you can't say us rude just because anyone refuses your requests.

Just call me Nikel
Scholar
#17 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 8:02 AM
What did you do on TSR? Not to be nosy, but people don't just ban others for no reason...

Anyways, back on topic, MTS is a friendly community and people will help you with difficulties with your game, show you some nice CC or even talk. But people don't like to be bombarded with requests (even me, someone who doesn't create, hates it when people in real life keep on asking me questions repeatedly.)

Do it yourself. Or even go without this item! Do you have pictures to show us of it?
Forum Resident
#18 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:34 PM
after reading all the post and comments above its clear: - everything that can be said concerning this in fact was said.

summary:
A.B.Pearce: you wanted a mod to be made but no-one could do it for you. you cant do it on your own either. the only thing you wanted to tell us here is that you as a person are frustrated with that fact.

the only new aspect i would like to add is: this forum is no place for displaying ones personal frustration A.B.Pearce. that would suit a blog or your own simblr better.
i dont mean it rude but please try to imagine what this place would look like IF this forum was meant to be for that purpose mentioned before

i hope you find an expertise modder for your request in the simblrs!
sincerely shmovese

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#19 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:47 PM
@shmovese - thank you. That is the correct answer and now this thread will be closed.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Sep 2014 at 1:52 PM
Maybe I should not of gone about it this way but when you have been trying for about 1 year. And just keep hitting brick walls it dose not help. I was not saying every Simmer is rude and unhelpful. But I have experienced a few. And a few is enough as any sims website or community is known for being Friendly & helpful. So I should not of had to of dealt with stuff like that.

So I had just had enough last night and just ranted it sorry if I offended anyone did not mean to. It is only a decorative object I was trying to get made from scratch.

Kind Regards

A.B.Pearce
Locked thread