Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 4:47 AM
Default Houseboats and CAW need some help
I know this had to be discussed at one time but I couldn’t find much on the forums for 20 pages or so...

The primary problem is I seem unable to place houseboats into my world using EIG through CAW.
I create the Port and place the gangplank on the dock in EIG but when I attempt to place a houseboat all I get is a blackened base with a white border where the houseboat is suppose to be.
I exported my world and was able to place a houseboat with no problem.

I did notice that when I tried to place the gangplank with “Moveobjects off” I received an error saying object must be placed on terrain or … something or another. So, the gangplank was placed using the cheat.

1. Is it possible to place a houseboat using EIG from CAW? If so, How?
2. Why do I get a placement error when trying to place the gangplank (EIG)?
3. Why are any houseboats I try to place (EIG) showing up as black houseboat bases?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 1:11 PM
This is a quite good tutorial by SimGuruGraham: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-in-game-in-caw (Just scroll the page down because the quick links don't work)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
This is a quite good tutorial by SimGuruGraham: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...-in-game-in-caw (Just scroll the page down because the quick links don't work)

Just what the Doctor ordered. Simple, concise, and succinct.
The CAW part of the tutorial is a little heavy with 51 steps. Seems more like a workaround - I'll take it...

Thanks for the link to "Everything you ever wanted to know (and a lot more) about Houseboats in Sims 3".
I see I need to rebuild a few Ports and have a clear direction.
Alchemist
#4 Old 20th Oct 2016 at 10:45 PM