Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 6:06 PM
Default Make NPCs and PCs travel via LLAMA as default
I am creating a world without roads, the idea being that Sims wouldn't drive but rather use the LLAMAs to get from point A and B. Currently, even when both lots they are traveling from and to have a LLAMA the sims still walk or take boats everywhere. I have the base game and all expansions and stuff packs, and latest update patches if that matters at all. This is a custom world I made for several months and I am just discovering that my main transport method doesn't seem to be a consideration for travel unless I select it. I was under the impression that Sims routed their travel method on the fastest route/method. That doesn't appear to include the LLAMA as the game is programed.

Is there a mod that can change the game universally to make LLAMA one of the travel methods Sims will select for themselves. If there is no, is there a bored programmer who can write a mod that does that?

Thank you.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 7:18 PM
I suspect NRAAS Traffic might affect this, because I have a world where it seems the townies use LLAMAs more than any other form of transport, despite having roads that go everywhere, because I selected the option to disallow cars during general routing, but I'm not 100% certain, having not done any extensive testing, and the world in question has roads so it's not apples to apples as a comparison. All I know is that I have a LLAMA in my sim's yard and it's always flashing because someone is using it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 8:35 PM
That might work, I will give it a shot. Thank you for your knowledge and for your reply.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jun 2017 at 9:09 PM
I just looked at that mod. Thanks for the link. I wish there was an option to disable the water taxis unless that is the only way to reach a destination. If a sim can get somewhere solely by driving I would prefer them to do that rather than drive, take a boat, then drive again.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GregVim
Is there a mod that can change the game universally to make LLAMA one of the travel methods Sims will select for themselves. If there is no, is there a bored programmer who can write a mod that does that?
Thank you.

I am not sure if this helps with CAW but there are ways to control the traffic in game.
If you have NRaas Retuner there are settings to push more (or less) subway use. See I would like my sims to take the subway more/less often. On This Page
There is also a good mod by claudiasharon here at MTS for: Slower Or Faster Subways

I use both of these mods and even in large worlds there is very little traffic and with the Faster settings sims get from one station to another very quickly.

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I wish there was an option to disable the water taxis unless that is the only way to reach a destination. If a sim can get somewhere solely by driving I would prefer them to do that rather than drive, take a boat, then drive again.

As @orose mentioned earlier the Traffic Mod has settings that will relieve issues with vehicles.
For Other Boat and Car Routing Options See The Vehicle FAQ Page Here
Boat options using GoHere are down a bit on the page.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by barbarat
...For Other Boat and Car Routing Options [/B] See The Vehicle FAQ Page Here
Boat options using GoHere are down a bit on the page.

Thank you!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jun 2017 at 7:18 AM
Thank You everyone NAARS Retuner was the solution. Follow the above solutions about subway traffic and the LLAMAS will be buzzing and flashing for your sims.