Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 6:51 AM
The Pros and Cons of Breathing. Chapter 2 up! My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon!
Hey! This is my first story, but I love taking pics (in the sims 2 and RL) and I love writing and making up little stories for my sims in my head. I really tried to make it exiting and addicting. Please comment if you like it or you want to give constructive critiscm. I hope you like it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Piper Blake sat alone in the run-down bar which had become her second home. She waited patiently for Blair, and thought quietly while she sat. Today, would be different. She wouldn't sit alone at the bar today, drinking her troubles away and haing polite chit-chat with the bartender Blair. She wouldn't sit and mope around here all day like she had before it happend. No. Today, she would begin a new chapter in her hell hole of a life.

Her thoughts were interrupted by a bright voice.
"Hey, hun! The usual?"
Piper looked up, confused. The confusion quickly dissapeared and a smile graced her face, which was unusual.
"Hey, Blair. 'Course I'll have the usual, what else?" she replied, grinning. The kind, yet fiery bartender winked back and began pouring her some good ol' bloody mary. Blair was pretty, with fiery red hair that matched her personality. She was a generous and had a big heart, but could easily become very agitated. And if you annoyed Blair, you would get on the receiving end of some very vulgar language.

Blair sat Piper's very strong drink down in front of her, then served up two meat sandwiches. She placed one in front of Piper with a smile, then sat one down for herself.
"Thanks, Blair." Piper said, a little embarrased. Piper had no money, and Blair was always so generous.
Blair shook her head. "Nah, it's okay, hun. Anything for my best friend." Blair said casually with a shrug. Blair may of shrugged her generousity off, but Piper definitley didn't.
"No, it's not okay. I haven't payed you for anything for months." Complained Piper, annoyed. Blair sighed.
"Even if you had money for everything, I wouldn't take it, you know that. Mates rates!" Blair smiled at her last words. Piper sighed.

Piper decided to change the subject.
"Maybe we could, you know, go and have some fun today? Go out on the town, just me and you." Offered Piper. She wanted to thank Blair in every way possible for everything she had done for her over the years. She had been so supportive since... since that thing .
Blair smiled a huge smile, flashing her pearly white teeth. "Awww, hun of course! I would love to spend some time with my best friend!" Piper smiled too. If something made Blair happy, it made Piper happy. But Piper's smile faded when she saw the expression on Blair's face.

"What's wrong?" asked Piper concerned. Had she done or said something? Blair took a deep breath and looked at Piper awkwardly.
"Well, there's this thing I think we should do in town." Blair said, biting her lip. Piper nodded. "Anything Blair."
"You won't be saying that in a minute." Predicted Blair. Piper sighed.
"What is it, Blair? I'll do anything, I owe you."
"Well, there's this Victims Of Crime expo..." began Blair. Piper dropped her glass, shocked.

"Blair, don't do this." Warned Piper.
"No! You don't do this !" she exclaimed angrily.
"I'm fine, Blair. It happend years ago! I'm over it! I was a teenager!" said Piper loudly. Blair dropped her head.
"No, you're not. Piper, you haven't been the same since. You need help. You come in here, get wasted and go home every day for the past few years. You're not over it. And no one blames you. It was terrible!" said Blair frustrated.
"NO! Blair, no! I'm not going! I don't need help! My life would suck even if it never happend!"
"Fine!" shouted Blair, picking up both their empty plates and going out the back to clean them.

Piper wondered why Blair had to do this. Every year when the Victims Of Crime Expo came to Veronaville, she would attempt to take Piper. Piper didn't want to go, she never did. She didn't need help. It was over and done with. If she needed help she would have got it by now. She didn't need some random telling her that everything would be OK. It wouldn't. She didn't need some random telling her they have gone, and she would never see them again. Chances were, she wasn't. She just wanted to forget about that part of her life. She sighed, and felt the emptiness and grief consume her.

She couldn't help it. She broke down, fat tears rolled down her face, and dripped onto her lap and the bar. She snifffled, and tried to stop crying. This would only convince Blair she needed this even more. She tried to get hold of her self, but she couldn't, she would slip up everytime she was close. She felt something warm wrap around her, stroking her face. She smelt the familiar scent of her best friend Blair. Blair held her tight and wiped the tears away.
"I'm sorry," She whispered. "I just think this could really help you get your life on track. I just want to help."
"I know! I'm sorry too! I'll go. I will. I will go to the expo" blubbered Piper, cuddling into her best friend.

That night she held herself in her bedroom. She wept silently into her knees, her arms wrapped tightly around her. There was hole in heart. No, a hole in her life. A big black hole of pain, never ending pain. And she wanted out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thank you for reading, I hoped you like it!
Don't forget to comment, and if you
really enjoyed it you can recommend
this story to be featured by PMing a moderator
and such.
Advertisement
#2 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 12:22 PM
I am amazed this doesn't have any comments.
What a good start! (L)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 12:32 PM
Holy...WOW.
This is an amazing start, honestly! Your writing is very captivating, and your characters are very believable..and this is just the first chapter.

I'll be reading this one with great interest, can't wait to see where it goes.
#4 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 12:58 PM
ooohie!!
oohie! tis sounds interesting!! i cant wait to read more! i'm all ready 'oohing' in excitement!! hehe! :mob my angry mob will force u to update keep on writing hun!
#5 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 3:12 PM
Great start Tashi! Looking forward to reading more...
#6 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:51 AM
this is really good.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 10:43 AM
Aww, guys you seriously had me blushing. Some of your comments were lovely. I'll update tomorrow, I promise! Sorry, I forgot to put everything in the middle, I'll do that next time! Actually I'll fix that now.
Seriously guys, thank you!
Scholar
#8 Old 18th Apr 2009 at 12:02 PM
This is exxxcellleenttt so far...
I am looking forward to more chappies.

Call me Meg

lately i want everything
every star tied to a string

av credit
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:06 AM
Default The Pros and Cons of Breathing Chapter 2 (My Heart Is The Worst Kind Of Weapon)
Thank you everyone for your comments and support! You guys motivated me sooo much!
~~~~~~~~

Blair and Piper stood outside the Victims Of Crime office. Blair smiled slightly. "You ready, hun?" she asked, slightly anxious, fearing a negative answer from Piper. Piper just nodded, her lips pressed in to a tight line. She never wanted to do this. She just wanted Blair to be happy. She owed Blair so much. Blair put her hands on her hips. "I'm sorry, hun. This is going to be good for you, I promise."

"Yeah. Thanks for booking me a spot, Blair." Piper said unenthusiastically. Blair nodded, holding her shoulders. "It'll be fun, Piper! You'll meet new people and all! Talking to people can be very good for you." Blair told her. Piper sighed, but she knew Blair was right. She reached for her friend and hugged her tightly. "You're the best Blair." She said quietly.
"Of course I am!" Agreed Blair.

Piper headed inside alone. It was one large room with three white desks. The room was very white and clean, with a few splashes of colour provided by paintings, flowers and rugs all over the room. Piper felt nervous. She approached the first desk, and introduced herself to the elderly lady sitting behind it. "Hi, I'm Piper Blake. I have a spot here to speak with someone." The lady smiled. "Hello, Piper. I'm Mrs. Sorrel. Thank you for booking in with our branch of Victims Of Crime. Today you will be seeing Tyson. I will take you too him now." Mrs. Sorrel said. She had a kind face and gentle voice. Piper followed her to a desk on one side of the room.

Piper sat down at the white deska cross from a very handsome man. He had dark hair and magnificent blue eyes. He smiled warmly. "Hi, Piper. My name is Tyson and I will be talking to you today." He introduced himself. Piper smiled. "Hi. Er... How are you?" She said nervously. He chuckled. "Very well, thank you. What about you?" he said politley. Piper shifted uneasily. "Well, not that great. If I was I wouldn't be here." She replied quietly. He nodded.
"Would you like to tell me why you're here?" he asked. She hesitated.

"Look, now can be the stage where we get to know each other. If you want in the next session we can begin talking about your life then" He offered. Piper nodded. "That would be nice. Thank you." He nodded."
"So how about you tell me a bit about yourself. You hobbies, friends, family?" he said. Piper smiled. He had such ann easygoing personality. "Well, I spend most of my time... drinking" She said, embarrased.
"OK, so how does that affect you and others around you?" he asked. Piper thought. "Well my only loved one owns the bar. So it doesn't really affect her..." she said. Tyson nodded.
"OK, so what is your relationship with this person? What can you tell me about this person?" he said, his blue eyes incredibly seductive. Piper felt herself get hot and flustered. "Well, Blair's my best friend. She's cared for me ever since... it happend. She actually booked me into here." explained Piper fondly. He didn't pry about it .

Piper went on for another hour, talking about her life and her best friend. She spoke about her interests and favourite music. Tyson made her feel so comfortable. Yet the whole time they didn't speak about the core of the problem, as Tyson had promised. He wrote a few things down, smiled and told Piper about himself occasionly. Piper wasn't so happy when time was up. She got up and thanked Tyson for everything, and confirmed the time for their next session.

When Piper got outside, Blair was waiting, a smile on her face. "Hey, hun! How was it! That guy you were talking to was pretty cute!" she gushed. Piper smiled too. "It was nice. You were right. We didn't really talk about it but we talked about everyday life. You know? And he was pretty cute. Thank you for booking me in Blair." Said Piper, talking almost as fast as Blair. Blair smiled. Piper smiled back and they began heading off.

As they walked off to get lunch, Piper felt a little pang. It had been lovely talking to Tyson. It was the first time she had felt encouraged by anyone other than Blair since that night. She almost felt they had a special connection. She felt ahe could tell him all about what happend easily.
#10 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:02 AM
YAY ME! I'm the first to comment..I think..Well I loved that update! But i'm getting curiouser and curiouser about it. Can't wait to read more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 5:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happybunny
YAY ME! I'm the first to comment..I think..Well I loved that update! But i'm getting curiouser and curiouser about it. Can't wait to read more!

I'm glad. Next update you will most likely find out! I'm trying to make everyone really curious and build up to it. So I'm glad it's working!
Forum Resident
#12 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 6:00 AM
It's definitely working, can't wait to hear what it is!
And mmmm, Tyson.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 6:28 AM
Nice update!