Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 9:03 AM Last edited by Lavaster : 18th Mar 2011 at 12:28 AM.
Default Welcome to Spring Hills
AUTHOR'S NOTE: Any similarities to real life people, events, places, television shows, books, etc. are just coincidental and-- ah, you get my point. Blah blah blah, disclaimer goes here. Anyways, on with the story, shall we?
For spoiler/sneak peeks and the names of other characters that should be introduced in the next few chapters, please go to my journal and click on the 'comments' button on the first sneak peek post, so that you can see BOTH sneak peeks AND the list of current characters.
-------------------
Welcome to Spring Hills. Population: 3,000.
There are sinners and there are saints. In this part of Spring Hills, you probably will only find sinners. So buckle up, because this isn't the neighborhood you grew up in anymore.

Let's meet the Wilson household first. Consisting of Katherine and her husband Don Wilson, looks can be deceiving. Katherine is hiding a big secret, but is Don noticing something's going on with Katherine?

Katherine chopped up the numerous cheeses on the cheese platter for tonight's celebration party. Most of their friends were coming over because of Don's successful business deal, which would start rolling in even more money than they were already happy with. Katherine realized they were going to be rich, but Don just took in the fact that he was one of the best businessmen in Spring Hills, and that alone satisfied him.

Don entered the kitchen while Katherine was nearly finished with the cheeses. He smiled to himself as he watched Katherine get the food ready for tonight. In Don's mind, he was at the top of the list of best men in Spring Hills, but luckily he was married to his loyal housewife, Katherine. Katherine was everything he wanted, except for the fact that she seemed to be the more individual type. Don let go of that flaw, though, long ago; it didn't really matter, as long as he had a wife to love.

Finally she placed the cheeses into a plastic bowl and then put them in the fridge to deal with later. When Katherine turned, she noticed Don was there, displaying his same, lovable grin.
"Hey, Kath," Don greeted, remembering to call her by the nickname he had given her when they first started dating a few years back.
She returned the smile as Don stroked her cheek with the back of his hand, and finally replied.

"Oh, Don," Katherine responded. "So... what's up?"
"Well, I'm actually heading off to a work meeting right now, but the funny thing is, it's casual Friday. It'll be weird seeing all my colleagues wearing Hawaiian print shirts and such."
"When will you get back?" Katherine looked into Don's eyes as she cocked her head in her usual cute way. Don grinned for a second.
"I'm planning on around five o'clock, since now it's two in the afternoon," He answered. "And that will leave me enough time to ready up for the party."
"And by that, you do mean watching television while I cook and clean until the guests arrive, right?" Katherine teased him.
He chuckled and said, "Well, depends."

Katherine laughed and took in a deep breath, trying to remember if there was anything else to do. "Well... the turkey's still in the oven, we already have the wine ready... I guess I'll just cook some meat and fix some salad."
"Turkey? Is it already Thanksgiving?" Don laughed and placed his hand on Katherine's shoulder. "What I think... is that you need a break! C'mon, Kath, watch television or something."
Katherine sighed and smiled as she looked down at her wedge heels. "Well... I suppose I could use a break or something." She looked back up at Don and nodded. She began going to the living room, Don following to exit the house.
Katherine sat down on the sofa as both exchanged good-byes and Don left the house, leaving Katherine watching the news. Finally his car left the driveway and sped towards his work place.

Immediately she jumped up and turned off the television, then made her way to the phone. She dialed a number and grinned as she heard the other person's voice greet her.
"Hey, Ricardo," She replied warmly into the phone. "It's me, Katherine... wanna come over and... oh, I dunno, have some fun in the bedroom?"

The voice buzzed out of the phone and she bit her lip as she smiled mischievously. "Alright... can't wait to see you again, baby." She hung up and, sure enough, the man with whom she was cheating on Don with showed up.
"Katherine, baby, you ready?" Ricardo Jackson asked when Katherine let him in, making sure no neighbors were noticing what was going on.
"Always." The two went up the stairs and toward the master bedroom and, well, you know what happens next, don't you?

2:45 PM
RUPPERT HOUSEHOLD

"Alright, here's your food. I'll be in the living room." Cassandra "Cassie" Ruppert told her daughter, Sophia "Sophie". "I'm going to make a call so don't interrupt me, m'kay?"

"Fine, mom." Sophie replied, rolling her eyes. Sophie loved her mother but at the same time, she was beginning to learn that her mother didn't love her as much as all the other moms in the neighborhood did. Sophie was yet to discover that she was actually Cassie's unwanted "accident," a result of one mistake made one night with yet another man from the local bar. Sophie knew her mother was always hooking up with men, but she never thought of her 29-year old mother as a "slut," despite being born when Cassandra was only around 19 years old. Sophie wasn't embarrassed of her mom, because often her classmates thought her mom was pretty, but what Sophie didn't know is that really, everyone knew Cassandra was THE neighborhood slut. Poor Sophie!
Cassandra left for the living room after grabbing the phone off the receiver and dialing a number.
"Hey, Luke," Was all Sophie could make of Cassandra's conversation with another man who wouldn't stay in their life. (Tops one night per man, and Sophie knew that was how Cassandra rolled.)

In the living room, the conversation with "Luke" continued.
"Yeah, last night sure was great," Cassandra replied sarcastically to the guy, "but just reminding you that we're nothing together, Luke. I hope you know that. I don't want you... in fact, it's better if you just find another woman. You're too good for me."

Cassandra hung up after making sure that Luke would not come into her life again. She always used those same, exact words for every man every day; it was like a daily ritual.
Nowadays it was getting harder at the bars to find good men who didn't turn her away; it wasn't like this a year ago, but word spread that she wasn't staying for more than a day for any man. And if you're wondering how she made a living, she worked on weekdays until 7 PM for a hospital. By night, she was already woohooing some guy (who was actually healthy and not a guy in medical scrubs) from the bars for fun. But for some strange reason, Cassie did not feel empty or lonely, although she didn't appreciate Sophie. In fact, Cassie was feeling more angry and frustrated. Most guys didn't want to spend a night with Cassandra, knowing she'd leave them the next morning or afternoon. Cassie didn't want a life with any men but, in return, they were starting to not want even a single night with her. Although many men found her attractive, rumors were spreading and Cassie's reputation wasn't exactly the best.

"Mom? Isabelle invited me over. Can I go? I'll need you to drop me off there and pick me up at around 6 or 7 PM." Sophie asked, walking into the living room with a look that said 'I am expecting you to say yes.'
"Fine," Cassandra replied. "I hope you have everything you need. Let's go."
Luckily for Sophie, Cassandra always remembered to pick her up from places on time. You could say Cassandra was a very responsible woman but not too respectful. She wasn't always mean to Sophie but she never really seemed to be willing to show care and affection for 10-year old Sophie.

"Cool, thanks." Sophie replied without emotion. Cassandra looked up at Sophie and, without smiling, responded.
"Same house address, right?"
"Yeah, mom," Sophie confirmed. "They're only moving next month."
"Well then," Cassandra replied as she took in a deep breath. "Wait by the door while I get my keys... I think it's raining. I heard thunder a few minutes ago."

The two made it to the car and drove off towards Sophie's friend's house while Cassandra wondered if she was seriously going to keep going to the bar every night. Maybe she would find better things to do.

---------
CHAPTER 2 COMING SOON

ENTJ
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:36 PM
Nice I liked it!

Friends are like potatoes...
...if you eat them, they die.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 1:23 AM
UPDATE COMING EITHER TODAY OR TOMORROW

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2011 at 5:02 AM
Default Ch. 2: Undecided Fates
Just to let you know, I'll upload new chapters once weekly. Unfortunately I didn't do much for Trisha Playas, because I got a really bad stomach ache.
This chapter introduces two new characters who barely even know each other! Meet Trisha Playas and Paula Dusenque, the talk of the town. Trisha just likes to marry wealthy men while Paula has a more complicated background. (Pssst! Rich guys who like to get ripped off and broken-hearted... I heard Trisha's single!) By the way, I'm trying not to make Trisha and Cassandra similar, but when it comes to their relationships, they're very much alike. So it's hard trying to figure out what to do with them.
ONE LAST NOTE: Sorry this is so short and only introduces one character, that's because my stupid jerk of a brother wanted to take over the computer.
-----

Trisha Playas makes her money a different way nowadays. The former model now marries and divorces wealthy men to take all their money, but something's not quite right...
One way of meeting new people is via chat rooms. For Trisha, it seemed to be a good method, although it was harder to verify that the men she met were rich. Trisha Playas was getting bored with her life. Drugs were for idiots, so she couldn't go on that road. Was it loneliness? No. No way! Trisha never felt lonely before! Okay, maybe once or twice.. okay, fine, a LOT of her childhood, but her CHILDHOOD. Not her adulthood! What was wrong with her? Why did she feel this way?

Luckily for Trisha, she was just talking to a wealthy man she found on a chat room. His name was Raymond, and he wanted someone to love. Trisha smiled when she discovered he was yet another vulnerable target she could go after.
Trisha typed into the chat box and hit enter, then waited a few seconds for Raymond's response. She smiled when the screen flashed with the new message. "How about we meet down at the strip mall on Bifford Street?" Without hesitating, Trisha eagerly agreed.

She grabbed her purse and keys after logging off and, on her way to the door, passed by her little chihuahua, Foxy.
"Alright, Foxy," She began with a slightly higher voice than usual, "I'll be back in about two hours. Don't be worried if I take a little longer!"
Foxy barked, wagged her tale, and Trisha smiled. She could always trust Foxy, although Foxy was only a little dog. Who said a dog couldn't be a woman's best friend?

She slid into her convertible and started the car, roaring its engine. She turned on the radio to listen to her favorite station, which fortunately was playing her favorite Britney Spears song. Trisha made sure she remembered where Bifford Street was and pulled out of her driveway.

Suddenly the figure of another woman displayed through Trisha's windshield. Trisha violently pushed on the brakes, which forced the car to make a screeching noise, but unfortunately it didn't work fast enough.

The woman screamed and was silenced once the car hit her, making a THUMP! sound against the hood of the car. Trisha screamed back, and only now did her stupid car actually stop.

Trisha turned off her radio and car and immediately jumped out of the vehicle. She ran over to the woman she hit and crouched down, examining her. No blood, but definitely unconscious. Trisha groaned and whipped out her cell phone, quickly dialing 9-1-1.

Later that evening the red and blue flashing lights bounced off Trisha's made-up face as she wondered why this had to happen to her. Why did fate decide to interrupt her date with Raymond? She didn't even know his last name yet, but at the date she could have found out. If only... oh, if only! Taking that guy's money would have been fun!

Later that night, Trisha signed back onto her computer and, to her surprise, found that Raymond was online, too. She quickly messaged him, apologizing for not being able to go to the date.
"Sorry I couldn't make it," She typed, "I accidentally hit some random girl who came out of no where. She wasn't even looking to see if there were cars, I think!" She hit enter, wondering if Raymond would actually read what she wrote.
Raymond replied to her message, much to her relief.
"I didn't go, did you know that?" He replied. "I had some other stuff to do. Sorry... well, I guess not sorry if you didn't even go, either. Guess we both stood each other up."
"Whatever. Tomorrow, again?"
"Sure. Would love to see you face to face!" Raymond concluded, and signed off for the night. Trisha sighed and, with a smile, carefully planned out what she would say at the date to lure Raymond into her trap.
---

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 5:48 PM Last edited by Lavaster : 24th Jan 2011 at 2:35 AM.
I may or may not add an update today, unfortunately I fell sick instead of on the school week. I bet tomorrow I'll be magically healthy again because I have school tomorrow.
EDIT: Fever came back. Update will be late, sorry guys!

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 11:01 PM Last edited by Lavaster : 25th Jan 2011 at 11:27 PM.
Default Ch. 3: All is Fair in Love and War
I still have a fever and it's on and off again. Anywho, here's the story!
-----------------------------
RIGEL HOUSEHOLD: JACKSON RIGEL AND HIS FIANCEE, MINDY ROUGE.

"Jackson, I kind of want to talk to you about something..." Mindy's face turned a bit red as she spoke these words but she managed to stay calm.
Jackson looked up curiously and then back down at the blender, notifying Mindy to go on.

Mindy continued. "Haven't you ever wanted... to have a family?"
"A family?" Jackson responded, surprised by Mindy's abrupt suggestion. "Well, of course, but... you know, this is a really big thing. I mean, if we had a baby, we'd have to move to a more family-friendly house."

"I know, Jackson," Mindy replied with a pouty voice, "but a baby! C'mon, we both want one!"
Jackson showed off the cheeky smile Mindy always went wild about and replied.
"Yeah, I guess that's true..."

"Jackson... a baby would give us exactly what we want. A family! Don't you want that?"
"Well, yeah... I'll think some more about it. To be honest with you, I'm getting quite excited just talking about it!"

Mindy jumped up and hugged him.
"Alright, Mindy, we'll talk about it later. Right now I'm going to take a dive into the pool."
"Cool. I'll sunbathe." Mindy cocked her head and grinned and the couple made their way out to the pool.

Jackson swam over to the edge of the pool and looked over at Mindy. Her eyes were closed as she tanned herself.
"What would you do if I..."
"Did what, Jackson?" Mindy asked.
Jackson smiled mischievously but Mindy didn't catch his grin. Suddenly Jackson pulled Mindy into the pool!

Jackson moved back as Mindy screamed with surprise and sunk into the water. Jackson laughed hysterically and waited for his fiancee to surface.

"You moron!" Mindy laughed and she chased Jackson to hit him playfully. "What was that for?"
"Poking fun..." Jackson answered.

Later that evening Jackson and Mindy relaxed together in bed, exhausted from swimming.
"Hey, babe... remember how you brought up having a kid earlier today?"
"Yes..." Mindy smiled with excitement; the moment was coming, and she was ready!
"Well..."

He couldn't finish his sentence because Mindy quickly interrupted him.
"Honey, I have news to tell you first." The smile on her face was contagious and made Jackson grin back.
"Alright, I'm listening. What's the news?"
"I'm already pregnant... with you, of course!"

"What?!" Jackson jumped out of bed, startled, but his smile told Mindy everything she needed to know. "What did you say?"
"I'm pregnant."
It seems to most that the Rigel couple are unseparable. But sometimes a person will arise that obviously disagrees...
========
DUSENQUE HOUSEHOLD: Paula Dusenque and Kristy Dusenque, sisters

"What do you care if I go after him?" Paula pouted, the fury in her being fed by her sister Kristy's provoking words.
"Paula, for Pete's sake, he's ENGAGED!"
"Yeah, to some stupid new girl! Besides, Jackson has MONEY."
"We already HAVE money!" Kristy screamed at her sister, sharing the rage with her.

Kristy stood up from the sofa and faced Paula.
"I mean, what's your problem? Oh, wait. I already know because you're making it so OBVIOUS!" Kristy yelled, her voice box working non-stop. She stopped there, waiting for Paula's sure-to-be-stupid response.
"Look who's talking, it's Miss Never-had-any-real-friends! I can't believe a LOSER who was so dorky and friendless in our school years, even NOW, is trying to tell ME what to do! NO THANK YOU!" Paula's screams pierced Kristy's ears and, no matter how much Kristy refused to hear it, she still heard it. The cruel words only displayed horrible memories of her childhood horrors.

Kristy began walking away to drive somewhere. She'd figure out where soon.
"Where do YOU think you're going?" Paula said coldly, not moving her head to look at Kristy.
Kristy paused but did not turn to look at Paula. She just stood their and, after a few seconds, continued to go outside.

Furious, Paula moved over to the kitchen and decided to cook some food. She walked up to the grocery bag sitting on the counter to see if Kristy bought anything good. Luckily she did, and Paula grabbed a wrapped chicken from the bag and put it in the stove.
I should go give Trisha a call. Paula decided, and left the room to do so. Unfortunately, forgetting has its consequences.

The fire alarm rang so loudly, every noise it blurted made Paula jump. She screamed, looking at the fire on the stove. Soon the firefighters came and took it out, and the stove was fine, but the food was not.

After the fire, Paula leaned against a counter, mad at herself but most of all, Kristy. If Kristy hadn't picked a fight with her, Kristy would have made dinner perfectly and not have burned it like Paula.
Kristy opened the front door and ran into the kitchen.

"I got the call from the fire department... what the hell did you do, bitch?!" Kristy accused Paula, hooked on the idea that Paula couldn't do anything right.
"Me?! ME?? WHY IS IT ALWAYS ME? Why do you blame me for everything? WHY?" Paula shot back, furious.

Paula poked Kristy and yelled at her.
"Y'know, you could have stopped this. BUT NO. You didn't want to mind your own business! So you LEFT. Ya left! So THIS happened when you could have stayed and happily made dinner for the two of us. YOU KNOW I CAN'T COOK, YOU MORON!" Paula made sure Kristy got the lesson.
Kristy scrunched her nose in anger and slapped Paula's arm as she walked into the living room to watch Two and a Half Men for the rest of the night.

ENTJ
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 11:52 PM
Sorry I'm late on posting, everybody, it's just that I am losing interest in updating. Mainly because nobody's commenting and this story has so little views, and I'm pretty sure only about one or two of you guys will care to read this.

ENTJ