Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 5:43 PM Last edited by Lang_ea : 7th May 2011 at 2:48 PM.
Default The Boss from Another Planet--Update, 5/7/10
No one expected what was about to happen when the events unfolded. In this world of constant changes; we lie in the make-believe world of logic and chivalry--that no one hurts and abuses so-and-so, and if it happened, they're not supposed to. Like kids we believe in all powerful being looming over us. The police, the government, the law courts, NATO, and finally: whatever deity one believes in to give the final right treatment of any crime, transgression and guilt.

I was one of those people who saw the reality. Completely yanked the carpet from my feet, they did. You see, I'm not exactly ordinary to start with. That's why I'm right here, standing before you, rather than being one of those statistics of those vanished without a trace.

My name is Avis Holt. Criminal and master of espionage.
That's not my only name either.

I was an ordinary kid growing up near the outskirts of Bridgeport. I was never a suburbanite; I grew up where a sense of mutual hunger permeates the air everywhere. Money, Power, Love and Thrills. That, and all locals of Bridgeport lived constantly looking over their shoulders. This is the town where we even have stories of vampires, but I can't vouch for any of them.

For us in the Holt family; our hunger was mainly food...and at least water and gas and electricity without someone constantly shutting it off. I got my first inkling for evil when my Dad taught me how to break into someone else's hot water when I was seven. A year later it was robbing free electricity. It was then I discovered I got a handy knack with a wrench.

But my parents were far from perfect. Patriarchal family hierarchy is a huge drag, believe it or not. I had the ill-fated combo of being born first and a girl. Even better, my parents soon started popping more kids, but I was expected to raise them even when I was still at Bridgeport elementary.

In no time, I started sneaking out. Home was a cramped, suffocating box packed full of stress, kids always underfoot and two adults who both resented their lives and the very beings they brought to the world. What kid wouldn't prefer the fresh air and their friends?

So I started doing my first of alot of mistakes. Just a couple of hours playing outside grew to be not enough. The snatches of freedom made me begin to miss more and more of it whenever I trudged home in defeat. So when the family began to push at me for being outside, I began to push them harder, and further away from my life. I started not going home at all. Sure, I'd sneak through a bedroom window of ours for a change of clothes, but my days began to include hours of drifting around, waiting for the time when school opens so I can meet my friends and catch a few winks in a gym supply closet.
I admit, I would never want my own kid doing that. I dunno if my parents lost sleep knowing that I hadn't shown up for days; but whatever contact we had soon fell silent after weeks of not seeing each other. Still, I was a stupid kid and lucky that I never crossed a path with a murderer or in a crossfire of a gangland skirmish. Especially when I tried to avoid areas of police patrol in fear of being dragged back home.
That was what finally led me meet the Wolf Pack.

The Wolf Pack was a cut-throat faction of amazonian thugs hired by the local Emperor of Evil. With a squad leader that is right cold and cruel, you can almost see the frozen wastelands of Russia that raised her.
I was lucky not to just bump into any other face that one night. This woman was the famed Groza the Gun. Somehow she saw something in me, and she took me in.
And that is how my line of fate branched out into life in the underworld.

Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 10:04 AM
Default The First Job
The training was tough. With the Wolf Pack pushing me on, my changed life consisted of hours spent on the treadmill, doing sit ups, push ups, pull ups--along with hours tutoring me on how to work sly and think fast. My childhood diet of cheap frozen pizza and ersatz TV dinners swerved towards raw vegetables and semi-cooked meat. Throughout the time, I was always frustrated and exhausted.
But the Wolf Pack aren't people to sass back to. I was worried they'd bury me under concrete for knowing too much and failing the simple task I had in hand. It felt like it took too long, but the hard work from all of us finally paid off when my body suddenly (and finally!) evolved to become exactly like the older women.

So that's me out of the way. Now you know the extent of who I am. Now that I'm officially old enough and physically able, my foster mothers took me blind-folded to their secret base. There, the Emperor looked me over, tossed me with questions and shouted orders which I blindly followed with perfection. When finally, Groza the Gun pulled off my blindfold with the feathery gentleness she had barely given, I had never been more proud of myself.

But the emperor wasn't so sure if I could pull off anything yet. Losing recruits to the police is risky and expensive. So for now, I was given the easy task.

There was a new musician moving out of town. Some electro-punk star wannabe who painted his skin green and masqueraded himself as an alien. The radio's full of his single hits, and apparently he's already going to retire to a quiet villa where the Paparazzi are going to have a hard time to find him.

Of course, any apartment or small cabin won't do at all for him. You know those kinds of people.
The plan was simple. Apply to the vacancy for the secretary job; follow him out of town, get the house key, and infiltrate the house. The celeb wouldn't even know what was to happen til we'd clean the place out.
The job application was tough, but we'd have other members there at the office at least. Very soon I was taking the bus to Sunset Valley. By 9 am I was to turn up ready to lull my victim to a false sense of security. Hopefully soon, I will have the key to his castle.

And it wasn't bad, it say the least. By 3 am I was walking out of the bus station from the town center, awake and ready to inspect the place. The house was situated right close to the beach of course. Can't figure why, when the water looked too cold to even bathe in. Still, my trained eyes immediately saw the blinking lights of a burglar alarm from the window. Pretty standard, but I'm still hoping the guy hasn't bought any of those new Simbots to add the security. We're still thankful that reading minds hasn't yet been added into the Artificial Intelligence.

I made a quick and calm work around the house. His mail box was full, probably two weeks worth of junk in them. I'll remember to clean out the front before some other footpad'd might get the signal.

The back door's fine, the fence ends at chest-level. By dawn I went back to change into my costume. I'm not sure if the dress is acceptable for this guy, but it's the best I can do with my income.

My eyes darted around the neighborhood as I walked back by 8.50. Still lively as a graveyard.I texted my status to the Wolf Pack, and soon went to ring the door bell.
By five minutes, I didn't see any movement. I pressed the button again, balancing my other hand on the door handle, when suddenly the door moved inwards.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 9:10 PM
I really like this! The plot so far is very interesting, and I can't wait to see what is in store for Avis. I assume that the "rock star" is really an alien, right?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 11:29 PM
Default Hello Mr. Overpaid?

Carefully, I made sure to make my stance as casual and completely non-suspicious as possible. Back straight, smile plastered on my face, I sauntered further inside.
The place was plain and minimalistic, but the details were ridiculously sumptuous. On my right side I immediately saw a private indoor pool right before the main entrance...and my eyes widened as I saw that the pool wasn't surrounded by tiles, but by pure, straight, wood.
Crap, that is ridiculous. The mold and moisture from the pool will definitely sap into the floor and stink up the place.That will suck alot for the care-taking staff.

Blinking in surprise, I took a breath and called up the stairs. "HELLO? Mr. Blutvial?"
A solid object slammed against something in the room to my left. That probably was either a maid or our meal-ticket, either way, I needed to start my schedule. I followed the sound when I turned around the corner, and saw him.

"Mr.--?" I started, I stared at this odd man making breakfast, the whole time when I was thinking he might've been passed out, upstairs after a night of boozing and partying. He's even doing it while wearing sunglasses indoors, fully dressed as if he had just gone out. Even his skin color made it hard enough not to stare. Did he actually sponge himself with body paint so he could just batter some waffles?

"What's the matter, never seen a little green man before?"

I laughed, "Wow, man. I can't believe I fell in that one." I admitted, giving my best winning smile. My grin faltered when I saw him suddenly frown. Clearing my throat, I stared at him as he gave me a cold, dislikable glare past his shades
"So..." I tried, "I'm sorry for intruding, the door was unlocked and I was worried the house was being unsupervised..."
I was again put off when he raised his head again in annoyance, he quickly bit me off.
"Yeah. Or course you did. I was obviously going to be in my POOL all day."
He smirked and gave me a patronising smile, "Face it, I know everybody has eyes for everything I have. You'd think I'd believe that lame excuse?"

I had to bite my lip from answering back at him. Looking away, I realized trying to act friendly isn't going to work with this guy. He's going to constantly put me down back to my place. Taking a deep breath, I said, "Sure, alot of people are very antsy to see you again already. I've just gotten a call from your agent that you have an autograph signing tomorrow. Anything I can do for your convenience?"

"For starters you can take out the trash." He said, indicating the small container near him. Shrugging, I obliged. The trash bag was barely even full. But orders are orders. Soon I'll have that key.

I couldn't stop the smile cracking on my face as I walked back out. It's not my job, but I'll bet I'm not the only secretary hefting house-keeping along their tasks. Still, as I walked out to see a stunning day, I noticed this guy didn't have his own car yet. The asphalt felt pretty new under my heels, and I don't see any tell-tale signs of a car's presence. Not even disrupted or kicked up gravel and stones.

Interesting, I thought. He might have his own chauffeur, I guess...maybe even has a separate warehouse for all his spendthrift needs. I'm sure the Emperor would so like to know the details of that mystery. We always need a few more good engines for get-away cars.

I got back inside, finding Blutvial sitting on one of the deck-chairs by the pool. Tossing my hair back, I tried not to let the memory his strange remark from previously show on my face.

"So how would you like to schedule today?" I asked professionally. "It's a free day, so--"
"Don't sit down." He sighed loudly, "We're going. Phone Gilles and have him send my car."

Awkwardly, I straightened back up. "I...uh, I wasn't given his number."
"My phone's in the kitchen. So are the dishes. You can do that quick, can't you?"

Jeez, not even 9 0' clock yet and I just know this will be a trifle.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 12:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by acid_paradox
I really like this! The plot so far is very interesting, and I can't wait to see what is in store for Avis. I assume that the "rock star" is really an alien, right?

Right on the money Acid-Paradox! Thanks for the really awesome comment. Really, you should give thanks to the Sims for making it possible though! Otherwise I wouldn't thought to have Avis' story panned down in the Evil branch. Still, thanks for the encouraging words though, I have alot of fun with this one!
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Apr 2011 at 10:48 PM
This is an interesting story. I was wondering why the title was boss from another planet and I clicked the title to check it out. I am kind of new to the site, so I am going to subscribe to the thread. Keep it up!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Apr 2011 at 10:00 PM Last edited by Lang_ea : 7th May 2011 at 2:29 PM. Reason: thought there was no need for the original post.
Default The Baroness
(A/N: Hey guys, I'm having a few problems with my computer. Luckily I still have a couple of screenshots in my imageshack account--for now, while I hope there isnt' a virus eating up something, here's my attempted follow up. Sorry there's only one picture, since the rest of the pics don't match with the current goings on. Still, I hope to get to the bottom of this soon and provide better pics.)

Contempt almost made me swivel around and stomp to the kitchen. I had to stop myself, freezing as I realised my own feet twisted around to do just that. Taking a deep breath, I smiled and replied, "But of course."

Okay, Avis. Walk on your toes, don't scratch the wood surface.
I thought.

The pancakes were completely destroyed. Black as carbon, two huge circles of burnt batter were thrown inside the kitchen sink, along with a ruined frying pan and a dirty bowl, sprinkled with eggshells and a discarded carton of milk. No wonder I soon found him loitering by his pool. Shucking off my coat, I immediately began sorting out the trash and the dirty dishes. I grimaced as raw egg whites stuck and clung all over my fingers, and I dumped as much as I could grab into the nearby trashcan. I knew I'd have to be extra careful if I want to conserve the supposedly non-stick pan--even though the guy treated his housewares like a bored preteen; stories that Groza told me of her childhood, serving as a nanny and later a scullery maid for dozens of houses, told me not to just dump the pan itself. He might not care much for his stuff, but he could certainly bring hell to anyone for not being completely altruistic with the same object. Especially one who owed him a salary and potential employment.

Not like it'd matter to me. Gawd, why can't I raid banks like everybody else? The Wolf Pack are even being dispatched off to raid the military barracks of their ammo and weapons, and here I am washing the dish.

I blinked and rolled my eyes when I heard Blutvial's rubber soles approaching behind me. Great, so he doesn't trust me in doing the simplest task. I pretended not to notice. I sponged off the frying pan and rinsed it under the faucet, getting rid of the flakes of burnt pancake before I finally drove it into the drying rack. The bowl was set over it afterwards. Shaking the water from my hands, I finally turned around and walked past him, picking up my coat to rifle around for my phone.

"So where's his number?" I asked coolly.
His black lens almost seem to flash in a dull glare. Uncrossing his arms, his gloved hand grabbed a small piece of paper that had been lying on the counter beside him. He tapped the folded paper once sharply on the counter surface, and like the cooking, he immediately tossed it away from him and moved away to stare through the window.

God, celebrities are always so weird.

Gilles' number had the local landline, I dialled it and waited for him to pick up, staring at the green shaved head of the pop star. By the fourth dial, Gilles did pick up.

"This is Farmhouse County Garage, who am I speaking to?"

Ah. Nuts. I exhaled, that's not what I was hoping for.

"Hello?"

"Hi, I'm calling on behalf for Mr. Blutvial--?" I exclaimed.

"Oh sure! We know him! Yeah, his car is now fixed up and charged, would Mr. Blutvial like a delivery or is he coming by another mode of transportation?"

"One sec--" I put the phone down. "Um, sir? Gilles would like to know if you want your car delivered?"

He didn't reply.

"Sir?"

Almost as if I didn't exist in the room, his face stared out past the wall of his yard, into the beach beyond the mansion.
"Mr. Blutvial!"

He jerked back violently. "What is it!" He snapped harshly. It would've made anyone flinch, but his voice is especially high enough to sound more like an unsurly teenager.

"Gilles wanted me to ask if you want your car delivered--"

"I TOLD you SECONDS AGO that he is to SEND. MY. CAR." He barked. I bit the insides of both my cheeks to keep from bursting in laughter. Trembling, I quickly turned around and pressed the phone back to my ear, my grin cracking across my face.

"G-Gilles, right?" I tried to fight down my own guffaw.
"Yeah?"
"We're having the car sent over, thank-you!"

I hung up, quickly bolting around the corner back to the poolside. "Snrk!" I wheezed, grinning. GOD, what a prima donna. I thought. This job will turn out more fun.
There's always a potential stress in stealing and burglaring from those who you feel sympathy for. I think the Emperor knew what he was doing in putting this as my first job.

I think I might actually enjoy this.
Test Subject
#8 Old 17th May 2011 at 9:33 PM
A-M-A-Z-I-N-G story and writing skills :0 keep up the good work :D