Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 9:15 PM
Default Life, Loss, And moving on.
Hello! Ive had a few ideas for a story floating around in my head for awhile now, so here it is! I think it'll be a few chapters long, and I'll probably post the first 2 chapters straight away. Enjoy.

This story will have some dark tones, involving mental illness, etc. But it is not solely based on that. So if you would find this upsetting, please don't read it as I do not want to offend! <3

Chapter 1 / brief introduction.

I never thought I'd ever live with my father again, after witnessing so many arguments between him and my mother, I began to kindle a resentment deep within me. But now I have no choice, my mothers dead, and my father is my last chance at living a normal life. My names Aurora Caine and this is my story...

My mother was a kind and beautiful woman, and always tried her very best at everything. Then she got ill, very ill in fact. I was only ten years of age when I began to watch my mother crumble before my eyes, every part of me ached, I wanted my mother back, but as the doctors told me, I never would. She was beginning to fall into the hands of paranoid schizophrenia.
Her first episode was the worst of them all, it was confusing, scary, and all too much for me to deal with. I didn't think of what it would be like for my mother, I was too young to understand.
The doctors explained it to me like a child’s bad dream.

“Mummy has something nasty sitting in her brain, making her act differently than she used to”

It was hard for me to accept, even to this day, even though she's gone, I still find it hard to accept that my mother could fall victim to her own mind.
She seemed so strong, so sure of herself, but when I look deeper into my mind I can begin to see when things gradually started changing. She'd oversleep, stare vacantly into space, she began to never leave the house...

Its been two months since my mother died, I’ve dealt with the police inquest, peoples whispers, and an endless waterfall of tears. Nobody knows how she really died, not even the police. After she failed to go to her hospital appointments, even though I begged her, she began to neglect herself to the point of starvation, dehydration, and general neglect. This is when I finally lost her, and I believe it to be my own fault. I wasn't strong enough, I wasn't good enough to save her...

- present time-

“How would you feel about going to boarding school, Rora?” Chadd asked his daughter, amused.

Aurora glared at him, arms up in protest. “Dad, are you serious? Do you know how much it costs per term?” Aurora, ever conscious of things way above her age, looked franticly towards her father.

Chadd smiled softly, getting up out of the chair. “It was just a suggestion, Kiddo. I wouldn’t make you go, besides, we haven't re-decorated your bedroom yet! Have you decided on what colour you want on the walls?” He re-directed the conversation, knowing how anxious his daughter could get at the little things.

“Hmm, pink, obviously!” Aurora grinned.

“I should've known! C'mere kiddo, Dad wants a hug!” He stretched his arms out wide, embracing his daughter. As he rested his chin on her head, his thumbs rubbing soothing circles on her arms, he thought of everything she had been through these past four years or so, he desperately wanted to make the few years she had left of her adolescence something a bit more brighter to remember.

“mm, smell that? Sounds like breakfasts ready!” Chadd winked at Aurora then walked with her to the kitchen, where his wife, Gwen, was attempting to make waffles.

Aurora, Gwen and Chadd all took their places at the table and began to eat, Gwen looked up from her plate and smiled, hoping her waffles were up to scratch.

“So, Aurora, what lessons do you have today?” Gwen asked in her usual motherly tone. Aurora detested it, she was trying to fill the hole in Auroras heart left after her mothers death, but it was useless, it only brought back painful memories.

“Oh, the usual, I’m part of the team helping out to decorate the hall for prom, tomorrow.. Its going to be great!” Aurora smiled, doing her best to give off the impression she was happy & contented, but deep down, it was a rather different story.
Aurora knew she wouldn’t be going to school today, like she hadn’t for the past week or two. At first, school was a distraction, focusing on her lessons helped her avoid going into the darkest depths of her mind. But now? It was tiresome, having to act like your walking on clouds day in day out, was every so tiresome. Now, she just chose to wander around her home town, Sunset Valley, until the school bell rang.

“Just a little while longer, and then you can be by yourself for a few hours” Aurora thought to herself.

Sometimes she hated the fact that others were oblivious to her pain. She wanted them to notice how hard it was to get up out of bed in the morning, and for awhile people did notice, but it was almost like their patience ran out and they just wanted her to revert back to her usual self. For Aurora, that didn’t look like it was happening any time soon.

“Im just going to finish doing the dishes hunny, then go wake Jade up, shes due for her morning bottle before we head off for work.” Gwen said warmly, a small smile creeping on to her face as she gazed at her husband.

“Sure thing, hon. I'm going to go grab a shower.” Chadd replied back.

Aurora walked into her bedroom, she hated being around her family, all she wanted was to be alone. Her room was still vibrantly decorated with bright pink wallpaper, from the previous occupants of the house. Her father thought it would be a good idea for them to move into a new home, to start again, in an attempt to help Aurora heal. It helped a little, she would admit. Being as far away from her old home and old memories as possible. She stared into the mirror, almost hating her reflection, or maybe it was her life she hated, she didn’t know.

“School bus is here, Rora!” Her dad called.

“Be right there dad..”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And thats the first chapter done! Not alot happens in this chapter, its just a basic intro into the family and there history. More things will happen as the story progresses!

JJ. x
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jun 2011 at 10:29 PM
Default Chapter 2 - Let the chaos begin.
Hey guys, heres chapter 2! Its a lot longer than the previous chapter. Hope you like it :D

Aurora got into her car and made her way to her usual spot. She thought not taking the school bus would be the biggest hint ever that she wasn't going to school any-more, but her parents seemed oblivious. They were wrapped up in their full-time jobs, as well as looking after little Jade, who was a bit of a handful at the best of times.
Not only that, they were planning their weekend away, Aurora couldn't recall to where they were going, some cabin retreat probably.

Before Aurora made her way to the forest on the edge of the town, she made a quick stop and the local café that sold various alcoholic drinks as a side job. Even though she was only sixteen, she nearly always got served by the dumb ass cashier who didn't bat an eye lid at her child like face and school uniform.

“Hey, I'd like a bottle of your cheapest red, please.” Aurora asked, with an air of confidence in her voice.

“Sure thing, that'll be twenty-nine simoleans please.”

Aurora handed over the cash, careful on how much she was spending. She didn't have a part-time job so she relied on her pocket money from her parents. It wasn't a lot, but Aurora didn't have many indulgences in life, but she occasionally longed for the sweet taste of a nice bottle of wine, to make the waves of sadness she felt easier to bare.

Aurora hoped back into her car, (a birthday present from her father.) And proceeded to drive out to the outskirts of town. She loved this place, the fresh air, the trees that acted like a barrier from herself and the rest of the townsfolk. She walked up to the highest part of the forest, bottle of wine In hand, and began to pour a glass. She had a vacant expression, almost like she hated what she was about to do, but knew no other way to cope with the stresses of everyday life and the grief she still felt.

Aurora smiled, quickly surveyed her surroundings then took her first sip. She never finished the entire bottle, but drank enough for her entire body to relax and go numb. It was a feeling she relished, and the more she did it, the more she drank.

“Mmm.” she sighed with relief, as the fruity liquid slid down her throat.

Aurora stayed where she was for another hour or two, before it ultimately dawned on her what today was. Today was prom night, and she also had drama club too. She felt a sudden pressure, a sudden deep concern to what her best friend must be thinking, and not to mention her boyfriend.

“Great.. He's going to kill me.” Aurora slumped against a tree and sighed heavily. She wasn't sure if she loved her boyfriend, or if it was just expected of her to have one. She was one of the most popular girls in her year group in school. Her kind nature, and oceans of fake smiles made people drawn to her. Although she only had one true friend, Olivia, she was an acquaintance to many.

She shook herself and got up, making her way back to her car for the last few hours of school. She was aware of her behaviour effecting her grades, and even more aware of her parents finding out and unleashing a boat load of punishments. It was only this that spurred her on to make her way to school, nothing else but the avoidance of punishment.

The ride to school was a quick one, and she arrived at, what she fondly called it, “the gates of hell” just in time for lunch. She was still buzzed and quitely numbed down from the alcohol, which made the whole ordeal less daunting.

~A few hours later~

“Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit!” Aurora muttered to herself as she walked through the door to her home.

“AURORA ADELE CAINE!” her father roared from the kitchen. Aurora immediately knew what had happened, the school had made a phone call about her grades.

She fumbled with her hands, then slowly made her way to the source of the noise.

“Dad, if you'd just let me ex-” Aurora stammered.

“No! I do not want to hear it! We've had a lot of patience with you, Aurora, especially after all you've been through. But Gwen and I thought that you'd at least try.” Chadd's disgust of the situation was plastered all over his face, he was sad, shocked, and upset that his daughter would through away her life like this.

“Dad, please..” Aurora begged, but it was no use, she was ready to hear her punishment, just like a criminal in court, waiting upon his sentence.

“No TV, and ESPECIALLY no friends over this weekend whilst Gwen and I are away. You are to stay at home, finish your homework and look after your little sister. Do you hear me?” The threat was evident in his voice, but there was also fear, fear that his daughter would carry on spiraling downwards.

“We'll talk more about this when Gwen and I get back on monday. We're just finishing up packing, and we'll be gone before you get back from prom.” And with that, Chadd walked away, leaving Aurora feeling bitter that she hadn’t had the opportunity to explain herself properly, even though there wasn’t a lot to explain.

Aurora wanted to busy herself, so she was away from her fathers rage. Even more so, she didn't want to know what her step-mother had to say about the whole situation. So she walked over to her half sister, Jade, who was in her high-chair.

“Hey there kiddo, at least you wont get mad at me.”

She was met with bright grey eyes and a beaming smile. Jade giggled happily and raised her arms out to her sister, who scooped her up into her arms and hugged her.

“So, its going just be me and you this weekend, huh?”

Jade smiled wider and her giggles became laughter “Rora! Rora!” She said happily. Aurora thought she was the cutest baby on earth, and loved her more than life itself.

“Best get ready now then, eh? Got to impress Edward!” Aurora placed Jade down on the floor, next to an array of cuddly toys and left for her bedroom, to get ready.

Aurora lifted her blue prom dress out of her wardrobe and slipped it on and did the zip up. It was a little loose, but it was still a nice fit. She tied her hair up into a bun, and searched through her drawers to find her curlers. She plugged them in, and waited for them to heat up.

~an hour later~

Aurora was never good in heels, and had no idea why she chose to wear them for her prom night, where no doubt Edward would have her dancing all night.

She took in a deep breath and walked up the school steps, it wasn’t like her to be nervous at social events but she was dreading this one, after everything that happened she just wanted to be alone. She saw her friend, Olivia with her sister, Megan, and looked over and smiled weakly.

~Later on that night~

Aurora stumbled into her house, drunk. Her best friend had smuggled a bottle of vodka into the prom and they had proceeded to take swigs of it all night. Aurora felt tingly all over. She flicked off her shoes and left them by the side of the door, hoping that the babysitter had already put Jade to bed and read her a bedtime story.

“Mmmgh.. food” she muttered to herself. She walked into her room first, and placed her Prom Queen crown & souvenir photo onto her desk. She looked at them and half smiled, chuckling at how they portrayed a girl who was so much more different than she actually felt.

She made her way back out of her room and into the kitchen, which was right opposite. When the moved in, Aurora had a choice of two rooms. The small double upstairs, or the smaller room downstairs. Aurora chose the latter, liking the idea of being able to have her own bathroom opposite.

She opened the fridge and looked for leftovers. She found some cheesesteak. If she had to say anything about her step-mother, Gwen, it would have to be that she was a marvellous cook. Other than that, she was a nice woman, who was just too keen to be part of her life. Aurora picked up the plate and moved to sit down. She'd have to finish her homework another day, she was too drunk to care for anything more than her stomach and her tiring body. Bed was the simple remedy to this.

“Right. C-check on Jade then its time for bed... heeh” Aurora got up, put her plate in the sink then stumbled her way up the stairs to check on Jade, then back down again, to finally sleep.

She opened the door to her room and was met with a crispy burning smell. She rolled her eyes, and darted towards her curling irons, making burn marks in her cream carpet. “Shit!” She hissed, picking them up quickly and turning them off before they caused any more damage.

“Today is NOT my day..” She put them on her desk, slid out of her dress and into her nightdress, and quickly slipped off into a deep slumber.

~The next day~

“Hey babe. You looked gorgeous last night.” Edward smiled, his amber eyes oddly shining like the sun in the light.

“Thanks, Ed. How come you're out? I thought your parents were taking you all on holiday for the weekend.”

Edward smiled. “Meh, Didn’t want to go, the thought of sitting around in some tent in the freezing cold isn’t my idea of fun. Besides, I heard you have a free house this weekend?”

Aurora grinned. “Sure do.” She held his hand tightly, lacing her fingers in-between his. “But I've been ordered, no TV, no friends, and certainly no parties.” Aurora said sarcastically.

Edward grinned even more, “And since when did Aurora Caine ever follow the rules anyway?”

“True. Fine, tonight, 6pm, bring food, booze, and whoever you want. I'll ring Olivia and get her to come too.”

Once Aurora mentioned Olivia's name, Edward frowned slightly. “I thought she was still in hospital for the no eating thing?” He said childishly.

Aurora rolled her eyes. “Its called anorexia, and no, shes allowed back into the community providing she gains some weight and attends all her meetings with her community nurse.”

Edward nodded. Kissed her on the cheek then said his goodbyes and that he would see her later.

Aurora felt lucky to have an understanding boyfriend like Edward. She might not tell him everything, and she might not even love him, but she sure would be lost without him. He wasn't like the other guys, with supersized ego's bigger than their football uniforms.

“Best go get some booze, then..” Aurora said to herself and made her way over to the same café she did on the weekdays. Her parents had left her just over two hundred simoleans for food, and emergencies. She could easily say that the shower broke and flooded the bathroom to cover up the point that it was going to be entirely spent on alcohol and endless amounts of harribos and pizza.

Aurora opened the door and immediately smelled the sweet scent of pancakes cooking. She loved this place, not just for the reason she could get booze, but the food was great too. Once she'd gotten over the gorgeous smell, she noticed her best friend, Olivia, with her family.

“Oliviaaaa!” Aurora roared, running over to her straight away.

“Hey Rora, hows things?” Olivia was a excitable young girl with many troubles. Aurora loved her dearly and was always at her side when her anorexia worsened. Aurora liked to say it was just 'an evil anti-food demon in her brain setting up camp' Similar to how the doctors described her mothers illness. Olivia loved this, always erupting in fits of giggles. It seemed to lighten the mood, and on many occasion, it had helped Olivia relax enough to open her mind to treatment. Aurora wanted Olivia to get better more than anything in the world, noticing how her pretty floral dress was be hanging off her bony frame if it wasn’t for the tan belt tied around her tiny waist.

“Things are good. Hey, I’m having a party tonight, parents are away so Aurora shall play! You in? I figure'd you'd need a distraction since the doctors got all intense treatment on your ass!” Aurora spoke warmly.

Olivia sniggered, “Sure thing. I'll see you later then? Sixish?”

“See you then babe!” Aurora gave her one last hug then made her way for the cashier, she'd need at least 3 bottles, she thought as the nights carnage unfolded in her brain. She didn't really want a party, but any excuse for a drink and some fun sounded good to Aurora.

When the time for the party arrived, it was the usual set up. Aurora invited Edward & Olivia, Olivia invited some random girl who always wore yellow who was in her maths class, and the jocks heard about the party and thought it would be a good idea to crash it. And then there was always Nathan, the nerdy guy who'd help Aurora with her homework. The jocks hated him, and picked on him constantly, but Aurora thought he was okay.

Aurora and some of her friends gathered around the fooseball table and began to play,

“Everyone enjoying themselves?” Aurora asked.

“You bet! Hey, do you reckon Lane fancies me?” Olivia asked and she flipped the ball and scored.

Danelle, who just so happened to be the most bitchiest girl in the entire school sniggered. “I don't know, maybe your a bit too fat, eh Olivia?”

The colour drained from Olivia's face and she looked straight at Aurora. “What? Seriously? But I lost another pound this week...”

Aurora glared and Danelle “shut the hell up Danelle. You stupid bitch!”
She stopped playing and turned directly at the girl, her glare venomous.

Jackson, the other player, stepped in-between them both, “Hey, girls, cool it. Were meant to be having some fun here!”

“Fine.” Aurora spat bitterly.

The party raged on throughout most of the night. Aurora drifted aimlessly between the party goers, handing out glasses of wine and other alcoholic drinks. She danced, she laughed, she cried, wrapping herself up in her own little world in the four walls of her home.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, so the first intro chapters are basically done, and I will be going into more depth in the next chapters, so stick around! There will also be some stuff about Olivia too :]

<3
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jun 2011 at 12:19 PM
* to those who are reading this. *

My sims game decided to go crazy on me, so Im in the process of getting all my CC back, I'll have the third chapter done in a few days :D