Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Mar 2009 at 10:36 PM
Default Coin Toss;; [Chapter One, Part Two is up!]
Note: This is the first story I've attempted to show through the sims, so constructive criticism would be helpful. Thanks and enjoy!

Like the story I heard
A lifetime ago
Where a girl
(and this is funny)
Took her life
And what she doesn't know
Is how long it takes for the water to rise
And the breath to stop fighting
And the cold to close her eyes

--Emilie Autumn

My name is Evelyn.
His name was Laurence.
Her name was Athela.
Is.
Was.
Does it matter anymore?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 7:41 PM
Prologue

Coin Toss;;
Prologue

Cari Madre,
Come e il cielo? Padre รจ bene? E Amalia?
Mi dispiace non ho parlato con lei negli ultimi tempi, ma la vita sembra essere sempre molto occupato.

---

Dear Mother,
How is heaven? Is father well? And Amalia?
I am sorry I haven't talked to you lately, but life seems to be getting very busy.

Laurence is a very kind husband, as you predicted. I find that I am beginning to form an attraction to him.

However he seems to favor reading above all else. When not otherwise occupied with work he always gravitates towards the library, where he stays for hours on end. It seems like he only has time for me at night.

The only other person I could confide in is Athela, my servant. My servant. Doesn't it sound grand? However I confess I haven't actually started a friendship with her. She has fey blood and seems a little... odd, to say the least.

But I have my music and no one to disrupt me. It consumes me when I'm lonely or homesick.

And I admit Mother, I am lonely and homesick. I miss you all, my dearest family. There is more than enough to occupy me here at my new home. And yet I feel like something is missing.

Something.

Evelyn has no idea how she will regret these words soon.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 9:04 PM
Oh wow :D

I love the plot and the pictures keep it up!
#4 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 10:57 PM
same i think i am going to stay tuned to this one
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 11:11 PM
Intresting :]

Am Back and its Time to get BittersWeet xoxo
Field Researcher
#6 Old 17th Mar 2009 at 11:45 PM
Looks interesting. We will have to see where this goes.
Inventor
#7 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 12:02 PM
this is a wonderful story. i liked your "title page" as it were. and especially, the effects you have done to your pictures add depth. i wonder what happens nextt?
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 2nd Apr 2009 at 9:44 PM
Your pictures are great! Interesting story so far cant wait to see what happeneds next...
#9 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 1:14 AM
Oooh interesting. I like the pictures too!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 5:30 PM
Chapter One, Part One
Thanks for all of your comments! I apologize for the delay, but my computer broke down and I had to reinstall all my games and remake all my sims/buildings. Luckily I had quite a bit of it saved. So without further interruption,

A week ago Odette was a silly, fat, little girl who liked to play with bugs. She had very little thoughts about her future, only wanting to keep her life the way it was. Yes, her father sometimes came home intoxicated and gave her so many bruises she couldn't leave her room for weeks. Yes, most other girls her age laughed at her in public. But it was a life Odette had grown used to in seventeen years.

Then, before she quite knew what was happening, she was saying goodbye to her bedroom for what very well might be the last time. Everything had happened so quickly... Father had come home happy with her and had ordered a million new dresses for her.

And here she was, in the grandest of them all. Her hair had been straightened and settled so it looked nearly perfect. After a few minutes of near suffocation by corset, her waist looked small for once. Her lips had been delicately painted a baby pink. She was beautiful.

Odette felt tears collect as she looked at the bride in the mirror. Maybe leaving home wouldn't be so bad if she could spend the rest of her life being this lovely.

Maybe her husband, whoever he was, wouldn't care if it took hours of servants attending to her to make her this pretty. Maybe things would be better.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 7:22 PM
Sounds sorta sad. I like your writing style a lot though. Great update.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 7:34 PM
I agree with sweets. I like it though
#13 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 9:10 PM
Wow great start, i also like your writing style I love stories that take place really long ago! I wanna know more ^.^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 4:56 AM
Default Chapter One, Part Two
Here ya go!

One, two, three... Amie carefully counted the steps as her body moved slowly in rhythm. She needed to relax after her awful day. It was bad enough she even had to watch the tragedy, but of course, Mari made her put on a horrid poofy dress and act happy.

As Amie flexed her arm, she felt her hand hit something soft. She knew the feel of that ratty jacket. Bastard couldn't let her mope in peace. Just because her life had been turned upside down, it didn't mean her brother had the right to just barge into her bedroom without knocking.

"Can I speak to you?" he asked carefully, with the tone of someone expecting to be hit. Amie scowled and motioned for him to shoo.

"Fine. Just let me change." she snorted, inserting every bit of resentment she could muster into her voice.

"What do you want? You know I don't like to be interrupted while I'm dancing." Amie cried a few minutes later, clothed like a respectful young lady.

And without a word, Mari grabbed his little sister like his life depended on it. Amie felt her muscles un-tense in the protective warmth of his arms.

"That b*tch won't replace me. She won't." Amie sniffled.

Mari laughed at Amie's crude language.

"If it wasn't for Mum's inheritance, I wouldn't have looked twice at such a plain girl. Don't worry your little head. It's going to be the same as ever; just us two." Mari whispered, patting Amie on the head.

As soon as he strode out the door, confident and proud, Amie collapsed on her bed. He wouldn't be so pleased with her if he knew about what she'd done. And the consequences, building up inside of her, threatening to break out soon...

Field Researcher
#15 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 5:56 AM
Hmm very curious....Great update.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 7:39 AM
Wow the suspence!

OT: Nice avatar xD
Forum Resident
#17 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 8:01 AM
Interesting start here. Not sure what to think or feel.
And I agree, awesome avatar!