Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2009 at 2:09 PM
Renée Rossa's Incredible Adventure (chapter 3 posted)
Before this story starts, I'd just like to give you some background info:

This story first started around the time Sims 2 Nightlife first came out, which is almost 4 years ago. It originally came out in dutch and is part of the so-called Freak Challenge.

The Freak Challenge is a challenge I wrote , goal is to have as many "freaks" (aliens, witches, werewolves, vampires, robots etc, and peferrably even a combo of more than one freak feature in one sim) as possible within 10 generations.

I decided to make a sim who looked likehow I looked back then, call her Renée Rossa and develop the challenge around her.
Overtime, the story became more important than the challenge, and I've come very far in the story, eventhough it's still going on that dutch website.

I always wanted to translate this story into english just for fun, and also to make my story available to a wider audience. I chose to do it here. I hope you have fun with it!

Disclaimer:
*The opinions voiced by Renée Rossa or by any other sims in this story are not necessarily mine.
*My game is installed in dutch. This is why the names of townies are different, my dutch-installed game gives them dutch names.

Let Renée Rossa's journey begin!

I know that sometimes strange things happen when I'm around, but this is really the limit! What, you don't know what I'm talking about? I'll tell you then. I'm a 26 year old woman, single and living in a small apartment in The Netherlands. A struggling artist who doesn't even have a dime to scratch her own behind, and who is very addicted to a game called The Sims 2, and all its expansions.

You know, some things just get out of hand, and this is one of them... The last thing I remembered is falling asleep in my bed, with my cat next to me on my pillow.
Suddenly I saw and felt some kind of bright white flash, and there I was, in the middle of LOTS of blue!

Before I could even catch my breath again, I got thrown into some kind of grassy area with trees. ARGH! What was happening?!
I got up, dusted myself off and started looking around. It looked very abandoned here. Where in Will Wright's name was I?
HELP! I wondered if anybody could even see me!

I decided to walk around a little bit. Perhaps walking around would have me find a way to get home. So I thought. Well… forget it: after walking for a long time, my feet started aching a lot. And all I saw was trees and grass, grass and trees, and the occasional road. And more trees and grass.
Oh, now wait a minute...

A strange white mail box with a very oldfashioned trashcan next to it! It somehow looked familiar, but I couldn't put my finger on it, not even when I thought very hard about it. Besides, my feet were tired, and I can't think with tired feet!

Just when I was about to sit in the grass for a bit, somebody passed by. Relieved that I was finally able to ask somebody for directions to home, I introduced myself. Her name was Amalia Jansen. I looked at her and almost jumped out of my skin..!

"You are a SIM! Loook at that!"
Amalia seemed a bit surprised at my shocked reaction. She looked at her fingers and seemed to have decided they looked perfectly normal.
-"Yep, so what?" she answered.
"This is INCREDIBLE! Wait, I'm gonna take your picture! A real sim, go figure!" I yelled.
Of course this was the moment I realised I didn't have my purse with me… So no camera, and no picture…

-"Listen girl," Amalia said. "You just are what you are. Accept it and move on."
I jumped out of my skin again!
"Y...you mean... I'm also a... a..."
-"Sim? Yes you are," she said. "It's clear to me that you haven't been one for all of your life. Listen, I don't know how you ended up here, but you'll have to move on with your life in this situation."

"But... I don't even have a home!"
-"You are an adult, you can do whatever you want with your life, girl! I would kill to be able to do whatever I wanted! Why don't you just buy this piece of land here, build a small home, get some furniture and stuff... You'll feel better, I promise. Now if you'll excuse me, I got newspapers to deliver."
"You mean there's more people living here?"" I asked. Amalia already turned her back on me. She waved her hands in the air vaguely, and said:
-"We are not people, we are sims!"
And with these words she walked away, slowly became transparent and eventually disappeared.

I decided to have a look in the newspaper. Maybe it did say something about my ehmm... situation.
Unfortunately, the most interesting article in there turned out to be one about a vampire zombie who scared a little girl to eat her teddy bear.

My feet were hurting like you wouldn't believe, so I sat down in the grass. Now what?
Whatever trouble I ended up in, one thing was clear: I was far from home!
Was it really true that I became a sim?
Now wait a minute... Selected sims always have a...

(To be continued)
Advertisement
#2 Old 14th May 2009 at 11:36 AM
oohie this sounds like its going to by fun! and funny!!! keep on posting! just like people keep on swimming!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th May 2009 at 11:58 AM
Great start! She doesn't know that she's a sim?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th May 2009 at 12:15 PM
Renee!! I love this story so much xD

I read the thing in Dutch, how fun you're going to translate it into English :P
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2009 at 4:48 PM
Default Renée Rossa's Incredible Adventure -Chapter 2-

...plumbob above their heads! And because there was no one else around, I had to be the selected sim.
Yep, sure enough, there it was, green and glistening. Kind of pretty and freaky at the same time. The plumbob gave me the scary feeling it was going to fall down any second and split my head neatly in two.
All I could do was trust that wouldn't happen.

My own plumbob, it was kind of funny. Look at me! Maybe this sim thing was kinda cool after all. Maybe I just had to make the best of it.
Maybe I just had to make sure I had a bit of fun and enjoyed this, as long as it lasted.

First I had to build myself a place to live. But how? I fantasized about a piece of wall being built, and BAM! The piece of wall was there!
So this is how it worked! I decided to fantasize a little house.

My house was turning out well! I built the house the way my real life apartment looked. But just a bit bigger. Hey, I'm not completely crazy!

It's not that I didn't like my new place. But it was just so... empty! I had 4000 simoleans left. I certainly could use a bit of furniture!

OK, a bit less than 1000 simoleans left for you-never-know. I now was the proud owner of a dirty fridge, some cheap counters and a sink, a stove, an uncomfortable bed, an ugly bookshelf, a chair that's expandable to a bank when I buy another one later, a plastic toilet and an open shower.
Yay.

I took the newspaper, because I knew how important it was to find a job. I wanted to find a job as a Slacker, so I'd have time and energy to explore things around here, but unfortunately all Slacker-positions had been filled. So I took a job in the Army. Not my cup of tea, but it payed well. And that was what I needed!

I decided to take a look at the books in the bookshelf. i was curious about Sim books! Oh, I found a childrens' book! Snow Sim and the Seven Garden Gnomes, The Wizard of Strangetown, The Llama and the three flamingo's, Simderella... cute!

For some reason I suddenly realized there were visitors who wanted to welcome me into the neighborhood. Don't ask me how I knew it, but it turned out to be true! In my still barren front yard there were three Sims, whom I knew very well because I observed them a lot in my hours at the computer! Benjamin Long tuned out to be less nice than thought, unfortunately. He didn't even want to shake hands with me. Geez, I sent him away straightaway! I'm not crazy, you know!

Marisa Bendett turned out to be just as annoying. I appreciated the way her hair almost seamlessly blended into her forehead, and her thanks is this annoyed face! Fortunately, Brandi LeTourneau turned out to be nice. She at least appreciated to be appreciated by somebody who appreciates her in an appreciative way.
Got it?
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th May 2009 at 5:11 PM
This is such a creative idea! Can't wait to see where it goes
Forum Resident
#7 Old 16th May 2009 at 5:13 PM
This is really entertaining and funny I'm excited to read more.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 16th May 2009 at 7:05 PM
Default Renée Rossa's Incredible Adventure -chapter 3-

Well have you ever..! Marisa walked into my place, just like that, followed by Brandi, who apparently had to tell something to Marisa. I followed the duo and found them in my mostly still unfurnished living. Brandi w2as telling Marisa off for not being nice to me. Marisa got angry, so I decided to send her away. Does she think I'm crazy or something?!

Because Brandi seemed to have started this visit with a very bad mood as well, I decided to buy a TV and have Brandi watch, while I made some high quality lunch. The only problem was, that once i opened my fridge all i could think of making was a high quality sandwich or a high quality microwave meal... I'd forgotten how to cook! Apparently I needed to learn how Sim cooking is done.

Brandi decided to sit in my only chair and eat while watching TV. She seemed to only think of herself!

I was glad that Brandi had to pee and got out of my chair to visit the washroom. Gladly I sat down in my own chair. Brandi got back from the loo and stood right in front of me, watching TV, so that all I could see was her butt. I asked her to move a little bit but she didn't seem to hear me. Grmbl!

And what was more: When I tried to get up I couldn't! Because Brandi stood in front of my chair i was destined to sit there and look pretty until she decided to move.

Great. She moved. Thank you Brandi, that was all I needed. NOT!

After she finally moved, we said goodbye. Brandi stated she had a great time and wanted to do this again. I was not convinced.

After I said goodbye to Brandi, I found a very curious looking woman near my door, who was mumbling to herself. She turned out to be a Gypsy Matchmaker.

the Gypsy matchmaker offered to find me the Sim of my dreams. I told her I was not ready yet. her response was to pull an oversized marble out of her skirt pocket and polish it with some kind of window cleaner sponge. Weirrrd!

I spent the night watching TV. Sim TV really was different from normal TV. I liked the boxing match on the sports channel best, but I had enough of the breaking news about the teddy bear-eating monster on the news channel.
Forum Resident
#9 Old 17th May 2009 at 4:32 AM
Hahah way cute! I love the part about Brandi not moving, it's so true to the game
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 17th May 2009 at 5:50 AM
.. this story is great :haha:

Identity Crisis - "Reveal your real identity, Mr. Icognita."
♦Call me Mark, or Mr Invincible Volleyball Player :P♦
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th May 2009 at 7:27 AM
Oh god this is cute and funny! xD
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 17th May 2009 at 4:14 PM
A different view on a sim's life! And yes, Benjamin and Marisa are that bad in my game