Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 29th Oct 2011 at 10:22 PM
dhampir1313, try removing your DCBackup folder. If you have Riverview installed and the DCBackup files intact, then the game will attempt to package the objects in with the Sims3Pack. As these items are essentially overrides, this could cause the game to fail on export as it attempts to package two versions.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#102 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 3:19 AM
So try keeping the mods in and removing the DCbackup? I will try it out and let you know.

Edit: Still not working.. I deleted all caches, restarted CAW etc.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 9:49 AM Last edited by simsample : 30th Oct 2011 at 10:34 AM.
Does it give an error, or just fail to export?

Edited to add:
I've just tested in my game to make sure nothing has happened with Pets to affect this. I redownloaded Riverview, installed that and my Bridges, and made a test world with the bridges in. I could get it to export just fine, and the bridges show in-game:

So, that means it's likely a problem with something on your computer. The most likely suspect is the Riverview install, try uninstalling and redownloading/ reinstalling Riverview. Also, redownload my files in case something's amiss there. Clear caches, remove DCBackup and try again.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 30th Oct 2011 at 3:14 PM
It says Error, failed to export.
I will try what you suggested, thanks.
Test Subject
#105 Old 31st Oct 2011 at 3:38 AM Last edited by simulatedsim : 31st Oct 2011 at 4:11 AM.
Default Food Trucks
Hi: I have not used these mods before. So do not know if I am doing it right. I downloaded both mods - Trucks and park spaces.

I have LN and Pets.

I added 4 parking spaces to "App Plains" Comunity lots. (new Pets town). But I can not find where the food trucks are in buy mode.

Please help.

Edit: While messing around I added another parking space and the "Ice Cream truck" mentioned in an earlier post did show up on one lot. I still not have found the food trucks.

Edit 2: A food truck did appear on another parking site. After 19 mins real game time.

I must have miss-understood. I thought they had to be placed via buy mode, but they show up automatically - eventually .
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#106 Old 2nd Nov 2011 at 11:40 AM
Hi simulatedsim, the parking spaces and food trucks in post #3 are modded to show up in the Buydebug miscellaneous menu. That means you need to turn on testingcheats and invoke buydebug to have this menu available:
testingcheatsenabled true
buydebug

The food trucks are controlled by the traffic manager, and will only spawn automatically and drive around in worlds which are enabled as cities. In a city, you just need to place the food truck parking space as the game will force the trucks to spawn and drive around. In a non city, the trucks will remain stationary. Twallan has a mod to enable the traffic manager in non-city worlds:
http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index....6924#entry36924

Without Twallan's mod you will need to place the trucks manually yourself, from the buydebug menu. Try filtering the menu to show only Late Night items, as this should help you to find the truck more easily.

The ice cream truck shows in all worlds, regardless of whether they are city or suburb. Not sure if they show in vacation worlds, though.
Instructor
#107 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 10:06 AM
Buuuuuut simsample, we needs teh Equestrian Center! .... Oh, and basically every single rabbit hole ever made, too. *grins and runs away to hide behind couch*
Alchemist
#108 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 10:13 PM
It would be great if this outdoor lamp...

...would also show up in CAW list. I was really hoping to use it in the Chinatown and I was so disappointed when it wasn't available.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#109 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 6:52 AM
One ranchy lamp coming straight up!

I enabled it for caw, you can find it here with my other caw mod http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...096#post3644096

Enabling objects for caw is really easy, especially when you have the very helpful tutorial by our lovely simsample You can find it here http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818
Alchemist
#110 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 1:55 PM
Thank you so, so much. I couldn't have believed that this would happen so fast but I'm so glad that I can now make my Chinatown look a bit more authentic. And thank you for the tutorial link. I think I'll give it a shot. I already have S3PE and the tutorial doesn't look too difficult. Thanks again, Armiel.
Instructor
#111 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 3:35 PM
Also, Equestrian Centers + Pets stuff coming right up, too! Some of the objects like the horse jumpers and racing posts don't work, unfortunately, but they make nice deco.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CAW Petsstuff.rar (11.6 KB, 399 downloads) - View custom content
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#112 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 10:18 PM
Thanks armiel and Rockerduck- I've updated the first post with links to those! Great work.
Instructor
#113 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 7:38 PM
And more. This is fun!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  CAW Various.rar (4.6 KB, 423 downloads) - View custom content
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#114 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 9:20 PM
train tracks have already been unlocked, I think the first post even has a link to them
Instructor
#115 Old 14th Nov 2011 at 10:40 PM
Oh bah! ;P
Alchemist
#116 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 6:49 PM
I saw this CAW object in the net but for the life of me I cannot find it from my CAW list.

Is it CC or what it's called? I also cannot find the large Twinbrook dam. Shouldn't it be there?
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
#117 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 7:20 PM
Those are in the same upload I just mentioned above - by GilaNg
Instructor
#118 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 8:28 PM
Okay, I think we seriously need to organise this thread and the objects that are already enabled. *nods* I'm gonna download and check for duplicates tomorrow, then re-organise the packages to exclude duplicates with the creators' permission.

That said, did anybody ever figure out how to rename stuff in the CAW metadata panel without ruining object references? There's so much clutter in the metadata I'm just DYING to be able to rename stuff....
Alchemist
#119 Old 15th Nov 2011 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Those are in the same upload I just mentioned above - by GilaNg

Ooops!Sorry, should have read the first post more carefully. Somehow the Twinbrook part slipped past my eyes. Thank you once again, Armiel.
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 8:42 PM
I have a question about the riverview content, particularly the DT as I'm using it in my world. Just to clarify.... the DT file that goes in the appropriate caw folder and the DT that goes in the appropriate game folder are the same file, just named differently?

Inspire. Dream. Hope. Believe. Imagine. Create.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#121 Old 23rd Nov 2011 at 11:49 PM
No, they aren't the same. The one for CAW is enabled to show up in the CAW metadata; the one for in-game is not.

The reason for this is that the flag that makes the item show up in CAW will also enable the object to show up in the in-game world editor. For most objects that is probably desirable, but for the distant terrain it is not, as once you place it in your world it would be difficult to grab again to move or delete. I can envisage people thinking 'Ooh, what's that? I'll just try this out in Sunset Valley' and having their world ruined by something they accidentally placed! Therefore, the file that you give to people who are going to use your world is not enabled to show up in the world editor (or CAW).
Lab Assistant
#122 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 1:40 AM
Ok... either I'm doing something wrong, or I'm going to have to clone the Riverview DT as well. I'm tinkering around with it to recolor it. For some reason, it won't show up if I try to clone and recolor the Bluefunk one. Yeah, I'm still pretending I know what I'm doing with recolors. Which reminds me. I did a little recoloring on the DT and the file size jumped a lot. Is that normal or did I do something wrong?

So my question is this: How do I flag one for caw and one for game?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#123 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 1:56 AM
Probably you are not setting your clone to show up in CAW?
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=453818
You just reverse that to make it not show up in CAW.

Be aware though that my DT version depends upon Riverview being installed- the STBL information for the DT will be missing if you make a stand-alone clone, which means that it will show up in CAW as numbers, like this:

It references the DCCache, so if you make it into a new object, that reference will break.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 24th Nov 2011 at 9:46 PM
I probably wasn't. I'll find out.

Off topic question: Texture recolors.... I'm trying to make white rock. I found a texture that I can use, but I'd like to know how to do it myself. The tutorials I've found say use 'colorize. Going in and fussing with 'colorize' is fine... if I want pink rock. Can you point me in the right direction?

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#125 Old 25th Nov 2011 at 8:07 PM
Do you mean that you are trying to make a texture override for a world object or an in-game object?

Either way you'd need to find the object texture in the game files, extract it and change the texture. If you are just recolouring something for a specific world you can just import that texture to your world file, but if you want to make it work for all worlds you play you need to make a default override.
Page 5 of 11