Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#51 Old 21st Nov 2015 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I hope they removed the ability for children to burp into the microphone from it. XD Blasphemy!
No it's not been removed; Children can still burp into it at the pulpit/lectern at St. Simeon's Parish Church in Veronaville

This Sunday Julian persuaded his whole family to come to church with him and Andrew. All through the sermon Hans kept coming up to the front to try to play with it.

At last he got his chance at the end of the service when Rev. Elspeth Anderson finally stopped preaching. He found it hysterically funny, and so did his sister Brigitte. Everybody else in church found it annoying!

Far from showing an example to the children, Andrew decided that in church, after the Sunday morning service was the perfect time and place to noogie Julian for the first time. (Previously he's only noogied boys that he quite likes.) Sometimes I despair of my Sims!

Children don't have the option to listen to the sermon, but they do have the option to preach one! So next Sunday there may be an unusual guest preacher at St. Simeon's. I wonder if they can include burps in their sermons.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
@Pizzatron-9000 How are you getting on with getting this cathedral uploaded? I'm not likely to download it myself (EP requirements and I don't know how I could fit it into my game!), but I do think it's a spectacular lot and too good to keep to yourself! If by any chance it doesn't meet the MTS requirements, I still think you ought to upload it somewhere, possibly LiveJournal or Tumblr, and use Sim File Share to actually host the file.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 4:02 AM
Your church allows people to attend in their underwear lol?
Mad Poster
#53 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Your church allows people to attend in their underwear lol?
No! They're all wearing their everyday wear! Very revealing clothes, including ultra-short shorts are very fashionable for both sexes in Veronaville.

Julian and Andrew are both wearing recolours of an outfit I downloaded in my very earliest days of Simming. I believe it originally comes from the Korean site DAUM. I found it three years ago on Google and I can't find it at all online today. The original is the one that Jack Gill is wearing on the left in this picture:

I have done many recolours and Alpha edits of it. Ravi Bertino (Jack's live-in boyfriend and the illegitimate son of the late Jon Smith Tricou) on the right is wearing a green version without the top. See also my earlier post about these outfits.

In church Julian is also wearing a topless version in the original blue denim. I have added trainers from an outfit by Simphany.com so that Julian doesn't get splinters in his feet. It's the most that Julian ever wears. He never wears a top and he used to wear even less. (Andrew's not complaining!) For his part Andrew is wearing yet another variant of this outfit. His is a light blue pair, combined with Maxis sandals (and socks!) and made into separates by using a lower body mesh from this set of invisible clothing on Sexy Sims. (Warning: Sexy Sims is an adult 18+ site, though I think this particular download is pretty innocuous. The creator says (s)he made them to help people creating skins, but the separates are also very useful to anyone creating "painted on" clothing that needs a nude top or bottom mesh.) Andrew normally wears longer and more respectable shorts from Simphany.com, but he got these ultra-short ones last Christmas, and he likes to wear them when he's going out with Julian.

Hans? He is wearing white separate shorts from Simphany.com. They are the child equivalent of the "sexy but respectable" ones that Andrew more normally wears. Until this Sunday morning, Hans was wearing a knitted top, but Hans is very close to his older brother Julian (he also adores Andrew), and this morning he announced that he wanted to be like his brother, and wear his shorts without a top too. His parents are very tolerant and most unlikely to object. Hans will almost certainly be gay (or perhaps bi) when he grows up. His nude top comes from the same set of "Invisible Clothes" on Sexy Sims that I mentioned before. Again I'm not sure why they're on Sexy Sims. The equivalents that I use for teens and adults are both here on MTS.

I don't know if anyone would be interested, but I think I will share my recolours of that DAUM outfit on my LJ soon, especially now that we've got Sim File Share as a really good place to host the files.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#54 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 2:31 PM
*shakes head* Apparently I'm one of those people who would be horrified to see people wearing no shirt in church. No dignity or respect, damn it. XD
Mad Poster
#55 Old 24th Nov 2015 at 3:21 PM
I think the Rev. Elspeth Anderson would often agree with you. Last week they were all telling each other dirty jokes after church. Andrew even tried to tell her one. *Shakes head* indeed! Off duty she's not averse to wearing a brief miniskirt herself. But she does have a sense of what's appropriate to wear in church -- especially for the priest! However, at the end of the day, she'd rather have them in church than not coming -- Micro shorts, dirty jokes and all!

Come to think of it, a few weeks ago we had a man in RL church, in shorts nearly as brief as Andrew's. He was wearing a shirt though.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Page 3 of 3