Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 10:13 PM
Default Driving rendering
So sometimes in YouTube, I see people playing the game and the sims driving without any lag and everything’s pretty much rendered. But that’s not realistic most of the time right? Because in my game there’s a little lag when sims drive and textures and lots have to render by. I mean I’m sure if people have very great gaming computers sure it’s possible , but for most average players I’m guessing it’s more like my case. I hand a good pc and good graphics card. I do also play with settings in high. There’s no issue here or anything at all just wondering if I’m not alone.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Oct 2020 at 10:57 PM
You are not alone. I have a fine GPU, but the largest number of hi-definition lots we can set is 8, so in a wide shot there are sure to be some that aren't fully rendered. Some lots do fail to catch up when I drive past them, but I don't know if that's the reason.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 1:12 AM
You know also what’s so irritating? Is pressing the m key when I mean to press the rotating key. It soo annoying as you go to map view by accident, then your lot has to render all over again lol
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 4:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
i only use the mouse, i don't even know which ones are the rotating keys...

Haha they are the greater than and less than keys lol
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Oct 2020 at 6:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by David Poston
You know also what’s so irritating? Is pressing the m key when I mean to press the rotating key. It soo annoying as you go to map view by accident, then your lot has to render all over again lol

Have you tried physically reoving the key fro your keyboard? I ean, it's not one that gets used all that often like ost other letters of the alphabet. I guess you ight first want to check to see if you have any passwords that use that letter though, and any websites that end in .co that you like to visit but don't yet have bookarked or others like aybe odthesis.info.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 6:08 PM
odthesis.co

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 2:44 AM
"But can it run Crysis?"

"But can it run The Sims 3?"

Oh c'mon. There better be a point to all this stress I'm under.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Nov 2020 at 8:55 PM
Nearly every Youtube video I've seen of Sims 3 being played has had some kind of level of stuttering or lag even with the ones where the user had high hardware specs (based on video description), though the ones with the highest specs had the least amount. Nevertheless, the videos where the lag/stuttering were negligible likely had fresh saves. The longer you have played a world and the larger the population is, the more stuttering/lag you will experience. This depends on PC specs, of course. Some of those videos with stuttering, though, may have not have the GPU's properly detected even though they have strong GPU's, and they may have the 32 MB override issue.
Test Subject
#11 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 8:03 PM
I have a system that is way more than capable of playing sims 3 and I still have moments where the game skips a bit. Especially when moving the camera dramatically or following a sim around. No matter how good your computer is, it will always have to load things.
One thing that really improved the skipping for me when moving the camera is packaging my mods together. I have my mods in just a couple huge files, and that improves gameplay and load times tremendously