Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:06 PM
Default Collectors Edition?
Has anyone already got the Collectors Edition?

I was reading on the forums on The Sims 3 website and people have been commenting saying how disappointed they were with the Collectors Edition. Saying that it wasn't worth the extra money they had to pay for it.

Anyone who has already got it, what is your verdict on it? Do you think it was worth the extra money?

I've pre-ordered the Collectors Edition and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be disappointed with spending that extra money on something that people to believe is not worth it.

Just wanted some opinions.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:12 PM
I've pre-ordered it, too. But I'll propably have to wait until tomorrow oder friday (I'm in Germany). I know there are not too many extras, but I wanted the plumbob-USB-stick .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:17 PM
I have to wait until Friday as well. But people are complaining about it not being the full Prima guide. And alot of the pre-order extras weren't included. I just hope I'm not going to be disappointed. :/
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:22 PM
Ours wasn't any more money - you got the same price for collector's and regular if you preordered. The plumbbob USB stick is super cute though, and will look adorable on my keychain next to my rubber duckie and rubber chicken. And the tips guide is -nothing- like a Prima guide - it's just a few pages. And mine's in Dutch (as are the stickers) - de Sims 3. XD

I wouldn't have paid extra for it though - the extras are cute, but not essential.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:25 PM
But I believe that it was advertised at first as a Prima guide and then it was changed to Tips and Hints? Or am I Wrong? Misleading.

I have a rubber chicken keychain also :P
Test Subject
#6 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:25 PM Last edited by SugaFairy : 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:44 PM.
HP: You got it for the same price?! How's that? Ours was like 15€ more than the regular one. Now I feel stupid...

EDIT: Oh now I see at Amazon - they reduced the price so it's only 6€ more! Phew...
Test Subject
#7 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:30 PM
Will some one post a picture of the usb plumbob ?
Test Subject
#8 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:31 PM
TS3 CE - Europe (France) 61€:

- game +++ worth 54€
- Plumbob USB drive +++ worth the extra 7€
- Sports Car download --- nice but not worth any extra cost
- The Sims 3 theme music --- don't care
- 3 stickers --- don't care
- Prima Tips & Hints Guide (4 pages) --- useless

Everything was advertised on the box, no rip-off. I am happy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:32 PM
From where I've purchased. The Sims 3 is £29.99. Collectors Edition is £44.99 and The Sims 3 with the Strategy guide is £39.99. I don't know which one I should have gotten now. :/
Forum Resident
#10 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:35 PM
The collectors edition here was $70 CAD, the regular was $50 I think...

SimSuperstar- You can find pictures of the USB in this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...5#startcomments
retired moderator
#11 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:43 PM
SugaFairy - Our local game store does that a lot - we got the same deal with the collector's edition of Spore and Fallout 3 - if you preorder, you get it for the same price.

I'll post pics of the plumbbob in a few.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Test Subject
#12 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:48 PM
I think the plumbbob-USB-stick is how we sims-freaks out ourselves for others :D.
Instructor
#13 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 1:52 PM
Do not forget the European Style Sports Car you get,

If you go to the thread asking for pics of the boxes there are lots of pictures of the Collectors edtion and the USB Plumb bob.

But I think collectors editions are rarely worth it anyway.. oh I think we get an extra bit of theme music for the game too.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=342863
retired moderator
#14 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:46 PM
BAH. I take it back about the plumbbob. It's adorable, but the cover (i.e. most of it, that doesn't just make it an uncovered green plastic USB stick) starts falling off almost immediately after messing with it.

Like, literally, I can just yank up on it sharply, not even touching the plumbob part, and the thing just falls off. Completely unsuitable for use as a keychain or anything but sitting uselessly on your desk.

If you haven't gotten the CE, don't waste your money. What a shoddy, crappy plastic piece of SHIT.

Alchemist
#15 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by taylalatbh
Has anyone already got the Collectors Edition?

I was reading on the forums on The Sims 3 website and people have been commenting saying how disappointed they were with the Collectors Edition. Saying that it wasn't worth the extra money they had to pay for it.

Anyone who has already got it, what is your verdict on it? Do you think it was worth the extra money?

I've pre-ordered the Collectors Edition and I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be disappointed with spending that extra money on something that people to believe is not worth it.

Just wanted some opinions.

How could they be disappointed when they knew what it included?
Field Researcher
#16 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 4:47 PM
Eh, I don't think it's worth the mark-up. In the U.S. I believe the Collector's Edition is $75 while the regular game is $50. I may be wrong, but anyway, I just bought the standard edition and am happy with it.

I don't need any extra Maxis stuff as I usually hate it anyway.
Instructor
#17 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:17 PM
I think the problem is that many people ordered it when it was advertised as giving 1000 points in the store and coming with prima Guide. then that changed to coming with Prima Hints and Tips guide and the 1000 points were given to everyone.

I never expect the things that come with a collectors edition to be fantastic that way if you do get a coll nice but of kitsch it is a nice surprise. I think included in the CE is a lot more flavour information as well. There are some pictures of a couple of peices of information from it floating around somewhere just cna not think where.
Field Researcher
#18 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
BAH. I take it back about the plumbbob. It's adorable, but the cover (i.e. most of it, that doesn't just make it an uncovered green plastic USB stick) starts falling off almost immediately after messing with it.

Like, literally, I can just yank up on it sharply, not even touching the plumbob part, and the thing just falls off. Completely unsuitable for use as a keychain or anything but sitting uselessly on your desk.

If you haven't gotten the CE, don't waste your money. What a shoddy, crappy plastic piece of SHIT.

Aw, sorry to hear you're having plumb bomb troubles! Mine works pretty well and holds pretty tight. You may have just gotten a bum one - unfortunately that does happen. Mine clicks in place and seems to stay well.

I do think it would have been cuter though if you pushed a button on the plumb bomb and the usb switch came out so you could plug it in the machine with the plumb bomb on, then it would light up as you used it -that would have been cute!

All in all, I'm enjoying the game and I didn't mind paying extra for my collector's edition, even if 2 gig flash drives are fairly cheap these days, I still like it just for the nostalgia.

I guess it really just depends on whether you are a "Frugal Sim" or not as to whether or not you want to pay the extra for the collector's edition! :D
Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:40 PM
The advertised 'hints and tips guide' was a slap to the face. Seriously the manual was more helpful. Bad EA! No biscuit!

I lucked out be getting both car redeem codes (was only expecting the 1 car so that was a nice treat). The plumbbob keychain is cool, no issues with that. Overall, probably not worth a full $20 on top of the original game, but close.
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:47 PM
You only got a guide that was 4 pages? That's weird. I got a full Prima guide, same size as the old ones.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas
You only got a guide that was 4 pages? That's weird. I got a full Prima guide, same size as the old ones.

Say WUH?! somebody at your store must've made a mistake and thought they hadda give you the full size book as well as the hints/tips guide. It's the only thing I can figure. And for them, that would be a costly mistake. Consider yourself DAMN lucky
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:55 PM
Well, he looked it up on the computer and it popped up that the guide came with it.
Test Subject
#23 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArabellaDTerroroftheSeas
Well, he looked it up on the computer and it popped up that the guide came with it.

Did you buy the Collector's Edition or the Combo Edition (Original S3 + Prima Guide) ?

Namaste

Until the lions have their own historians,
tales of hunting will always glorify the hunter.
-African Proverb
Field Researcher
#24 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prana
Did you buy the Collector's Edition or the Combo Edition (Original S3 + Prima Guide) ?
Oh, well there ya go... I only had 2 choices... regular or collector's. I was never given the option of combo pack

EDIT: Then again I pre-ordered from Best Buy... could be different.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 3rd Jun 2009 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Prana

I got the Collector's Edition.

Hm, I don't know. We were going to buy the guide anyway, but it ended up making our expensive buy worth it when it came with it.
Page 1 of 2