Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 6:44 PM
Default Music glitch is driving me crazy!
Anyone else have the issue where the game music and stereo stations do not work once in game?

At the main menu I can hear the music, I can scan the radio channels and listen to each song but once in game it all goes bonkers.

I turn on the radio and hear nothing unless I select custom channel. I go to buy/build and hear nothing.

I saved the game last night with the radio on (but no sound) and when I reloaded the game, I could hear music in my house. I cheered and clapped like my lil sim as I eagerly flipped from latin to kids and so on. I flipped the radio off and then back on....and I'm back at silence, glitch returned.

So now I have to make sure the radio is on when I save so I can at least hear it when I return.

Really Pi$$ed off thing about it is I jumped into a random new game and the radio works fine, if I go back to my blood sweat and tears sleepless nights game it doesn't. Either start from scratch and hope to glitch doesn't appear or go back to my regular sim and live a life of no music. What was the name of the town in Footloose so I can rename mine?

Annoyed
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:38 PM
Yes, I am also experiencing the glitch. There are a couple of people reporting the glitch, i suggest you report on the sims 3 website forum.
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:39 PM
Yep, same problem for me, and for some of my own country's simmers, too (not all, though).

Entering the game, music works, then after some random activity in Live mode by a sim (always with a special sound effect, as turning tv on, change clothing, playing guitar etc.) radio channels become muted (except Custom channel); and swithing to Build/Buy mode, no background music, either.

In dxdiag, in the Sound folder I switched the sound hardware acceleration to Basic (instead of higher), but problem is still the same.
Theorist
#4 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 7:56 PM
Same problem here, I only hear the radio in other sims' houses, not the ones I'm playing.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#5 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 3:37 PM
Same problem here....Everything was working the first day that I played....now I have no sound on steros, redio, buy/build mode, MAP view, or CAS.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:01 PM
I just gave up and started streaming music in the background.
Test Subject
#7 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 6:09 PM
Yeah, I have no music in buy/build mode either... I thought I had just inadvertently flipped some switch to turn it off or something...
Theorist
#8 Old 6th Jun 2009 at 11:48 PM
I was able to fix the radio in mine by going to the Sound options and clicking on the "Restore Defaults" button. It was already set to defaults to begin with, but for some reason clicking on that button fixed it.

Resident wet blanket.