Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 9th Feb 2015 at 10:28 PM
I'm afraid this is more like, four pics one chapter...

Candy Hart's been working hard and she deserves a break! Leaving her son Arden in charge of the upstairs neighbor, she makes a phone call and meets David Ottomas at the diner next door to her duplex. David's sharing a house with her kid sister Goldie, and his dad, a journalist, is trying to get Candy's famous dad to let him do a biography. But Candy knows Daddy'll never go for that. She likes David, and quickly disabuses him of the the notion that she's called him for any other reason. David is stunned and flattered. As well he should be.

They've barely sat down to eat, though, when Arden's father shows up. Oh, for crying out - aren't you supposed to be running your business right now, Junior? The store can't make money if you close it in the middle of the day! He'd better have come bearing child support...

"Why, you - Dad was right about you!"
"Chill, Junior, what is your problem? Can't I treat a poor college kid to lunch without your permission? We're not married, remember?"

Candy refuses to lower herself to Junior's level, turns him off with a cool word, and gets David back to the table, talking brightly about neutral subjects. But Junior looms like a thundercloud, and lunch is basically ruined. Hmph.
He's still late with the child support, too! And her with rent due!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#77 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 10:21 PM

So far in life, Shaun Piper has been sucessful. He is handsome, charismatic, a world-renowned musician and current symphony conductor for the Memosa Millenium Orchestra, as well as successful with about all ladies he's ever had the pleasure of meeting. Until Maggie Orbinson, daughter of the late Mayor - who has given him a taste of heartbreak he's left countless women in by slipping away without so much as a goodbye. It's a new experience for Shaun and he can't help but to want to see her again, he MUST see her again.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#78 Old 1st Mar 2015 at 4:19 AM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 12th Mar 2015 at 6:36 PM.

Candy gets the advance on the new book in time to cover the rent, but Junior owes Arden the child support regardless, and she wouldn't put it past him (egged on by that awful mother of his) to drag his feet on it and try to force her to beg for her rightful due. So she decides a family outing is called for, just to remind Junior that he is, in fact, a father, whether he ever chooses to be a dad or not! Arden knows what his job is, and does his best. He and Mama, after all, are a team, and between them they'll turn Dad up sweet. Dad doesn't seem to want to get with the program, though.

So Mama takes over."Oh, for crying out loud, Junior! You aren't seriously jealous of one of Daddy's fanboys?"
"What are you talking about?"
"David. He's in college with Goldie and his dad wants to write a book about my dad and is working all avenues. Think about it. What number was on that jersey he was wearing?"
"Um - sixty-nine - oh."
"Yes. The number they retired with Daddy." She laughs that throaty mama-laugh of hers. "C'mon, Junior! You aren't really so insecure you're gonna feel threatened by some wet-behind the ears kid, are you? You're my number-one guy, you know that!"
He does? What about - what about Arden and Mama against the world?

What happened to Arden being Mama's number one guy? What's all this kissing and hugging nonsense!

Arden, for one, is not betraying the compact. When she tells him to wipe the pout off his face and hug her, he does so.
But he doesn't forget.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#79 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:23 PM Last edited by grammapat : 9th Apr 2015 at 3:35 PM.
Ms Squish is a proper lady. She would never wear a bathing suit. She only went to the beach to play chess with a woman she is trying to teach some manners. The poor thing must be really unhappy; everyone hates her. Well, she DOES pick fights with everyone. Ms Squish admires her gambits.

But the next day she askes her friend Ofala to put lotion on her back..

"Girl, no way you got a burn like that with clothes on...AT NIGHT! Your BUTT is even red!"

"Girl friend, talk to me; you know I can keep a secret!"
"I talked my friend into going out, she seemed to be really getting the hang of the 'friend' thing. Guess we overdid it; she got in a fight, but it wasn't HER fault - some woman just came up and slapped her. I'm not sure how the night ended, but I woke up at the beach. It was such a lovely day, I stayed and played in the sand, just like the kids - I felt so FREE! Until the kids screamed and ran away....and I realized I had no clothes on.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#80 Old 12th Mar 2015 at 6:57 PM
That must've been some night, Grammapat! I think she's left out a few details.

The evening of the day in the park, Candy sits down to watch a movie while Arden is deep in a book. About couple's counseling? "Whoa, kid, that's some tough stuff you're reading about, there."
"I'm trying to figure out something."
"Anything I can help you with?"
"No!"
"If you say so. I'm here if you change your mind."

Candy turns off the movie so as not to distract him and sits in front of the fireplace. She has her own figuring out to do; but it doesn't absorb her so much she doesn't notice when Arden puts the book away. "Got it figured out?"
"Yes. No. I dunno."
"Well, come sit by me and tell me about it."

"So. What's going -"
"Don't touch me!"
"What?! Arden -"
"Don't touch me don't look at me you liar I HATE YOU I HATE DADDY!"

"Arden! Settle down! Don't you take that tone with me."
"I'll take any tone I wanna!"
"You will not! You straighten up and look me in the eye and tell me what's wrong."
"You're what's wrong! You drag me all the way downtown and it's supposed to be you and me, but it isn't, you like Daddy better and that redheaded guy that comes around and the landlord and and I don't wanna live here! I wanna go HOME and live with Grandpa and Miss Mary again and you can do whatever you want 'cause I DON'T CARE!"
He storms off to his room and slams the door, leaving Candy completely taken aback. This isn't how her baby boy acts - not to her, anyway! Crap. How is she supposed to deal with this?

Mad Poster
#81 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 12:05 AM
You are just the BEST storyteller - hope you continue..

Lab Assistant
#82 Old 18th Mar 2015 at 7:50 PM
Tish and Roman had an unfortunate first encounter ("unfortunate" meaning she slipped off a ladder and landed right on top of him), but from there they formed an unlikely friendship...

Which led to deeper feelings being developed. First kisses and first dates were had and the two found themselves as happy as can be.

But their happiness is put on hold when Tish, who was a grade ahead of Roman, graduates from high school. They had been so involved in one another that they never considered having to be apart.

It'll be at least another year before Roman joins Tish in college, and that alone makes the graduation day bittersweet. Hang in there, kids. A year apart will fly by before you know it!
Mad Poster
#83 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 3:06 PM

Candy's been busy dating and writing books since she moved in, and completely zoned on buying a burglar alarm; but the local criminal mastermind has a beef with her, and she's been targeted.

NO! Not the flatscreen!

Candy, still upset over Arden's behavior, is sleeping lightly, and when she hears something in the living room, she investigates. Normally she'd call 911 on her cellphone, but the burglar's right next to the door to Arden's room, and she doesn't hesitate. For all she knows, the flatscreen is an afterthought to a kidnapping!

The burglar flees, and Candy immediately runs to check on Arden. Whew! All that commotion, he didn't even wake up. Poor thing - all that anger wore him out. Well, he never has to know he was in danger. It never crosses her mind that knowing she attacked a burglar to protect him might adjust his attitude toward her. She'd much rather he be angry at her for awhile than feel unsafe in his own home.
She's getting a burglar alarm, though!

And that's all for awhile, I'm afraid. I have no idea what happens next, and it may be awhile before I play this neighborhood again. Arden's teen birthday is next rotation, so how will he grow up?

Mad Poster
#84 Old 28th Mar 2015 at 2:53 PM Last edited by grammapat : 9th Apr 2015 at 3:37 PM.
The Curious brothers were dedicated to their careers; having three babies didn't change that, it just ment they had to have plenty of help. When one baby needed attention, but could not be found, the sitters weren't too concerned. Their "boss", however, WAS concerned. What have you done with the baby! But when Lazlo came home from work it was revealed that it had been "take you baby to work" day - even though there were no baby facilities at work

Lazlow did TRY to be a good parent, but his skills stopped at "play with baby". Was it HIS fault he would rather play with various household items? As he dropped the baby ("Slippery little buggers"), a jogger stopped to comment on the fact that "Somebody STINKS!" (and her thought bubble shows the baby AND Lazlow)

Lazlow waited patiently for "help" to arrive. But in this little desert town, good help is hard to find; both sitters stood at the curb....
"I don't see no baby". "I think I SMELL a baby, but it's probably jerky Lazlow - he forgets to bath". "No, my Nanny senses tell me there is a baby somewhere in the vicinity".

"Ah, there's the little darling. Maybe we should talk to the Nanny union about coverage for glasses".

So as the more intelligent sitter fed the fuming baby (her eyesight being better than her sense of smell), Lazlow jumped on the furniture, which irritated the other nanny - who had turned the TV on (again) and woken up the other babies (again).

Mad Poster
#85 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 9:48 PM

Gene Skirt's sixth grandchild was born in this kitchen this afternoon; and now here he is dying in it as the dinner he'd been preparing burns! It's been a big day.

That sixth grandchild sent his wife Lacy permaplat, but you'd never know it.

"I'd do anything to get him back!"
"Mutti? You know how the guy next door got this phone from a friend who used to work in the paranormal career, and now his dead daughter's back?"
"Yes, of course, but - oh. Oh my! Georgette! You work in the paranormal career!"
"I do. It costs a lot of money and it's kind of risky, but -"
"Do it, do it, do it!"

"Yeah, we've got that much...no problemo...and this is gonna be Vati, not some zombie or reverse clone or any of that crap? Because I can slap on an extra 10,000 if it's an issue..."

Mad Poster
#86 Old 21st May 2015 at 9:28 PM Last edited by grammapat : 1st Jun 2015 at 6:20 PM.
HI, my name is Bill Munny. That's me playing with my big brother Buck. He wants to be a sailor when he grows up. I want to be just like Buck

Mommy likes to help Buck study. I study too! Mommy says I'm a smart boy. Big sister April likes to pretend she's a fireman. She likes to take a nap after school. Sometimes she teases me. Mommy says I can be grumpy too. I can't wait to grow up, then I can tease April!

Daddy is gone all day, and he's tired when he comes home. Sometimes he won't play with me, and just goes upstairs. Mommy says he has to "work" everyday, so she can fix the house up pretty. She won't let me go upstairs. She says it still is "just horrible". Sometimes Mommy and Daddy yell at each other about the "horrible". It must be something really scary. When they yell, I get scared and cry. Today Daddy came home from work and stayed downstairs. I wanted him to read to me, but Mommy and Daddy talked and talked and nobody played with me. Daddy said "Why don't you put Bill to bed, how can we talk with him wanting attention?" But Mommy said "I like kids underfoot!" I REALLY WAS underfoot. I was trying to tell Daddy about my drawing, and how smart I was...but I can't talk yet.

Mommy started talking about stuff like getting a new baby. OH NO! I'm the BABY! Are they going to yell?

I crawled REALLY FAST to my little bed in the other room. I can put MYSELF to bed. I'm BIG! I heard funny noises in the front room. It wasn't yelling, just giggling and..I don't know, just funny noises. So I went to see. Mommy and daddy were on the couch without their clothes on. Mommy looked grumpy, and was saying something like "O for Heaven sake, just a quickie will do". And Daddy didn't look happy either. He said, "I'm sorry, I'm just too TIRED!

"Why do you want another baby? We can't even put in another bathroom, Buck has a cheap bed in a big empty room, and the babies sleep in what's SUPPOSED to be my study."
Mommy said: "Babies don't cost anything, Bill is growing fast, and I have all the clothes and stuff I need. Just ONE more. Then I'll be able to get a job. And soon Buck will be old enough to get a job - he's eager to work; you've been a fine roll-model for him."
"I'll call in sick tomorrow", Daddy said "I can get some repair work done, and have plenty of time for US".
YEA! A play-day with Daddy!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#87 Old 23rd May 2015 at 11:35 PM
Lol, the blind and the baby smelling nannies made me laugh.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#88 Old 3rd Jun 2015 at 1:59 PM

"Oh no! Pollyphonic's dropped dead! Justine'll be so upset...and possibly mad at me, though I got here as fast as I could."

A little emergency online pet shopping with superexpress delivery and boom! New Pollyphonic. Looks just like her. Can't talk, though.

Naomi gets right on it. If this bird is smart enough, Justine never has to know a thing.

"Honey? Why are you teaching a strange bird to talk in the middle of the night? And where's Pollyphonic?"

#89 Old 20th Jun 2015 at 4:25 AM
Raleigh, Lewis' brother's ex-girlfriend, came over and knocked over their trashcan. Just as Lewis was about to confront her, his grandfather showed up...

"THAT'S WHAT YOU GET FOR SPYING ON ME, YOU JERK!!!"

"Dude, what's your problem? You can't just come over and shove your own grandson!"
"Ehh, what?"

So as his grandfather left, Lewis did what he wanted to do to Raleigh: prank her. The newspaper boy thought it was hilarious...

...But Raleigh hadn't thought that at all.

"YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT!"
"What?? It was a joke. Why does everyone keep shoving me???"

THE END
Screenshots
Link Ninja
#90 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 6:26 PM
Default Musical Rivals

Nicholas Hart, all swagger and no substance, had come marching into the Laundr-O-Mat after spying Illyana perched on the row of dryers, idly waiting for a load of laundry to get done. She gave him a curious look as he entered. She didn’t think he needed to do any laundry away from home.

“So, you signed up for the Battle of the Bands then?” he casually leaned on the wall and asked.

“Yeah? What’s it to you?” she grinned, anticipating his annoyance.

He gave a scoff, “You know my band is playing in that gig!”

“So?” She didn’t see his problem with a little healthy competition.

“So I thought we were friends. Why even bother trying to play?”

The dryer buzzed and she slid off the top of the dryer to retrieve her clothes, shaking her head at his ridiculousness.

“Are you afraid my band will beat yours?” She raised a brow and looked over her shoulder.

He gave a loud, derisive laugh, “Please, I just don’t want you to embarrass yourself. Have you ever heard your guitar playing? It sounds like tortured cats!"

Illyana’s expression turned cold and stony. She shoved her clothes into the basket and made her way to get out of the Laundr-O-Mat as fast as she could. His words stung her more than she cared to admit.

“Maybe we aren’t friends after all.”
--------

More Info on the Battle of the Bands

Theorist
#91 Old 1st Jun 2016 at 2:23 AM
One person is missing, and your world is a desert
Un seul être vous manque et tout est dépeuplé - Alphonse de Lamartine

6 in the morning: Stella decided to attack his twin brother.
They lost their grandmother, Sylvia Granville-Carver, the night before and both were in red aspiration. They fought for almost 4 sim hours. Stella won since she had 1 body point and his brother none.

They were BFF (100/100) but now the best friend status is lost and Silas is furious at his sister.

Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#92 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:09 PM

Eat, poop, sleep, REPEAT!
Theorist
#93 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 10:21 AM
Interview with the Social Bunny

What's a nightmare but actually I was a burglar, got arrested and sentenced to jail!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 10:31 AM
@Essa Is that my jail cell? I love his jail conversation.

@TheSweetToddler I love yours too, funny.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#95 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 10:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Essa Is that my jail cell? I love his jail conversation.

@joandsarah77
Indeed. I finally installed the lot in my hood. It was partially funded by the town. I only did some changes upstairs.
Allan doesn't enjoy living there (he's currently in aspiration failure) but Tess likes it.
Test Subject
#96 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 4:00 AM
A Tale of Two Cuddles

Listen...all I'm saying is that if she has two arms that aren't broken there should be an animation to hug both her boys at once. :lovestruc
Instructor
Original Poster
#97 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 10:36 AM Last edited by amora_selvagen : 11th Sep 2016 at 11:49 PM. Reason: i got a tumrl now
Default How we got here!
I am playing this hood is a mix of Bacc and story hood.. I want a diferent way to tell how the city was formed ...So I come up with this idea. I would love to post on my tumblr but I think ..since my english is not that good.. better not .(sorry for the spoiler)
Ladona Hills - August 30th

Edited- I actually decided to write a bit on my tumbrl..

I am Brazilian but I live in Switzerland!!!!
Call me Paula if you want :)
My Tumblr =)
Link Ninja
#98 Old 14th Nov 2016 at 4:45 AM

Alanna Thackery has a...thing...in her yard. She says it's her science fair project but to Shane it looks like something that's going to kill them. He can only scream in terror as she starts this horrible-looking thing up and it shoots a beam into the sky.

Rain falls.

Okay, maybe it wasn't that bad, and she's definitely going to win the science fair this year.

Mad Poster
#99 Old 25th Jan 2017 at 11:30 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 11th Apr 2020 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Original pics lost when tinypic closed.
Default A worrying little incident
For various obscure reasons young Noah Park of Teston Woods goes to a special private school that teaches on the nightshift.

So he arrived home at 7 o'clock on Thursday morning, over the moon about the A+ grade he's got, but totally and utterly exhausted. The ambulance to take his dad and his older brother Gareth to work has arrived behind the school bus. He desperately wanted to tell his mum and dad about his wonderful school grade, but . . .

As soon as the school bus drove off, he fell asleep at the roadside, still dreaming about his wonderful school grade. His mum Davina came out to see, and was decidedly worried when she saw his sweet little head lying on the road, just where the tyre of the ambulance would go when it drove off. His dad too came out to see him, but he, seemingly oblivious to the danger, stood, still in his underpants, cheering for the A+ grade, before changing into his work clothes and heading off to join Gareth in the ambulance. Knowing that the ambulance would start now, Davina continued to worry, but couldn't think what to do.

Just in the nick of time Noah woke up. Maybe he saw the danger. But anyway he realised how tired he was and headed straight into the house -- much to the relief of his mother (and me)!

So, as the ambulance drove off, Noah made it up the stairs and collapsed into the first bed he came to -- his parents'. And as his dad and brother sped off to earn the money to keep the family, and his mum started to tidy up the house, Noah lay there in bed, sleeping the sleep of the righteous, and no doubt still dreaming about how clever he was. But his mum decided that he wasn't going back to that stupid night-shift school. It may give wonderful grades, but it's not worth the damage it could do to his health and wellbeing. He deserves a day or two off school altogether (Simlogical Flexi-School), and then he can go to the ordinary school, where he can meet and play with other kids.

Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Theorist
#100 Old 31st Jan 2017 at 6:41 PM
Default Say Hello To Mr. Gigolo
It takes a special kind of loser to get fired the first day on the job and Robin Medgars, as a money driven Sim, found himself tortured with guilt and wracked with visions of failure. How would he ever finance his big dreams without a daily paycheck, he mused as he sat in the sauna of his local gym. Nothing seemed to give him pleasure, not the steamy warmth, the sizzling of the water splashing on the rocks, or the cup of coffee he bummed at the Recreation Center on his way home.

Robin spent the rest of that day depressed in bed. When he did wake up his motives and needs were crashing to the ground. Trying to cheer himself up, he ordered a pizza and put on some rap music and danced the smustle alone a bit. All suggestions that he get back on the horse and find a job by his creator were met with angry outbursts of "Can't you see I'm in a bad mood!"

The bills arrived and Robin paid them with the last of his less than 2,000 simoleons in his bank. That night when he was munching on his leftover cold pizza someone appeared to be observing him from his front lawn. A grey haired older woman stood there outside the door.

"What the hell?" thought Robin who was a friendly guy who liked talking to everyone. His social needs were still kind of low so he decided to chat to this possible stalker lady. Maybe she had a few bucks. He led off the conversation getting to the meat of the matter ASAP.

Inviting her in to his modest house he turned to face her with his dazzling green eyes.

"How much money do you have?" he demanded, wondering should he waste any breath on this woman.

Vyn Scott whipped back her ponytail flirtatiously and said, "$$$$$$"

That was all Robin needed to know. He was going to find a new career ASAP--one suited to his talent as an attractive, fit and pleasant young man.

"What's your job?" he asked, again with money on his mind.

"I don't work," she replied. Either that or she was a housewife. Robin didn't care.

"Do you like what you see?" he inquired within a few minutes of meeting her.

She nodded.

"I love unemployed young men," she confessed. "They are so willing to please. I think you'll make a wonderful escort for me, and I can keep you very happy with many gifts."

Robin thought for a moment.
"Sounds good to me," he said. "I guess you'd better be going now, but I look forward to a date really soon."

Later the next day Robin received a huge tv from Vyn as a present.

Yes, he thought, I think this is the new career for me.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Page 4 of 5