Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2015 at 10:07 PM
Default MC Command Center
So, I've been working for a couple of months on some different story-progression type modules. Basically, at this point, I have the following modules:
I have a Dresser module (hats-off to Twallan who originated this on Sims 3) that allows you to define blacklists/whitelists and save outfits/load outfits...that sort of thing.
I have a population module that allows you to set some filters on what type of sims get created when S4 tries to create a homeless sim. It also handles some cleanup of elders.
I have a pregnancy module that allows you to set some choices on babies being born. It also does some "Story Progression"-lite duties like allowing you to set it up so sims in your neighborhoods get pregnant automatically with another sim when they reach a certain age and then you can also have them get married and move-in together.
And I have a cleanup module that handles deletion of items that are configurable from configurable sim critera (genders and ages). It can be set-up to do things like delete all hats from all outfits, or delete all shoes from swimming and sleeping outfits. Also, if some whitelist makeup items are defined in Dresser, it can be set to default those to all female sims lacking them.

I've tried to add things I could think of that were missing from my own play-throughs and I was pretty much ready to release it last night. Now, though, we just got hit with that nice little patch today. So, I have to do a little cleaning of scripts for functions that have changed and make sure things are stable enough again, but then I do plan to release all this. Hopefully in the next couple of days.

I'll definitely be looking for input on it when it released for future additions and to help catch bugs that I haven't seen!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 2nd Apr 2015 at 10:47 PM
i seen your mod on the download section, it looks like Sims 4 is finaly getting a mod that lets u costumize and fix Maxis annoyances.
I have some ideas for this sort of mod, specially, to make the game more modular.
For example, imagine u wanna add a new interaction, instead of going all the way trought XML, STBL, DATA,etc, and tesitng it over and over until it works, why not make a python module that lets a new feature (like an interaction) being defined via external files like .data or .config, or whatever extension , that can be added easy and fast.
for what i have seen on the sources it seem very possible.
(Who says interactions, can say anything, really, like traits, skills,etc)
I like your Population configuration thing. That was something i always wanted to see in this game, being able to control the demographics Thanks.
Can i suggesti you to add an option to Wipe out unplayed sims .
i dont use the story progression module, because i like to have total control (story progression was always off in TS3) , but i think it is a major feature for some ppl here thanks

some smaller suggestions i can make is: Add a thing like nraas Selector, so we can play as anyone on screen (and good for RP'ing)
How do i blacklist clothes?

this project looks ambitious, if u need any help coding it \ doing art, i think i can help u, (im more C++ and C#, but i can adapt to py, easly)
Test Subject
#3 Old 6th Apr 2015 at 7:29 PM
I have Installed the Command Center, but i cant find the Item Ingame. Where can i found it ? Thx
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 3:40 AM
Hi @Deaderpool.
Working good here no issues.
Will look into it in more detail when I get the time.
Thank you for your work.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by IceM
i seen your mod on the download section, it looks like Sims 4 is finaly getting a mod that lets u costumize and fix Maxis annoyances.
I have some ideas for this sort of mod, specially, to make the game more modular.
For example, imagine u wanna add a new interaction, instead of going all the way trought XML, STBL, DATA,etc, and tesitng it over and over until it works, why not make a python module that lets a new feature (like an interaction) being defined via external files like .data or .config, or whatever extension , that can be added easy and fast.
for what i have seen on the sources it seem very possible.
(Who says interactions, can say anything, really, like traits, skills,etc)
I like your Population configuration thing. That was something i always wanted to see in this game, being able to control the demographics Thanks.
Can i suggesti you to add an option to Wipe out unplayed sims .
i dont use the story progression module, because i like to have total control (story progression was always off in TS3) , but i think it is a major feature for some ppl here thanks

some smaller suggestions i can make is: Add a thing like nraas Selector, so we can play as anyone on screen (and good for RP'ing)
How do i blacklist clothes?

this project looks ambitious, if u need any help coding it \ doing art, i think i can help u, (im more C++ and C#, but i can adapt to py, easly)

Hey, sorry I would've answer this sooner but didn't realize we had another thread going. I look at the thread on the MC Command Center download multiple times a day but hadn't checked back here.

Anyway, I can write down the suggestion to switch active sim and see if they even allow us to do anything like that within the core on Sims 4. That will probably also require an interaction/menu-type option as I haven't seen any other way with Sims 4 to get a targetted Sim (for example, cursoring over them doesn't give you anything to tie-into within scripts from what I've seen).

There's a pretty lengthy list of commands to run from the command-line in-game having to do with the dresser module. Blacklist is "dresser_bl", for example. I go into them in pretty good detail with some examples in the download details area.

I haven't added anything to wipe-out unplayed Sims as that would include all the homeless households as well as anyone in the neighborhood that you haven't edited to make "played". Something like that is definitely doable, but it takes a bit of work to get neighborhoods set-up like that and I haven't played that way. Although, I'm sure there are quite a few that do. You could simulate the same thing by just filling your lots with played households and then limit the homeless household maximum to 1. I like to keep homeless up higher, myself. I think it gives greater variety on pregnancy genetics and all to keep some random genes in the mix.

Thanks for your thoughts!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Galadriel1988
I have Installed the Command Center, but i cant find the Item Ingame. Where can i found it ? Thx

There is no item in-game. There is the mc_settings.cfg file that you edit with a text editor and set the settings to whatever you want to use to tailor your game your way.

Thank you!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by azoresman
Hi @Deaderpool.
Working good here no issues.
Will look into it in more detail when I get the time.
Thank you for your work.

Thanks you for your thanks!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 7th Apr 2015 at 5:06 AM
Just as an FYI, I released Upgrade 1.0.1 yesterday. More details are on the download details of the mod. Also, I'll try to check back here occasionally, but any questions or suggestions will probably be responded to and added to my "to do" list quicker in the mod comments as I check there several times a day! Thanks!