Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2015 at 10:44 PM
Star Signs Legacy (Zodiac)
OK.. So I love myself a sims legacy, 10 generations starting out small, but that gets boring after so long. So I have come out with (yet another) version of the legacy challenge. Combining my love for sims with my love for astrology, brings us to the "Star Signs Legacy" So, if you don't get what "star/zodiac signs" are, I recommend you find out from one of the websites I will link to later on..

The Basics: What you will be doing is a !! 12 !! generation legacy, the twelve generations being the 12 zodiac signs. Each founder/heir will represent one of those signs. The founder (your sim) will be the first sign.... Aries!!

CAS: So there will be different requirements for each heir, as they will be different star signs.. So Y/A female, no appearance requirements, but I have chosen some traits for each star sign heir/founder to have. You don't have to have all of them, and can choose one different trait if you so desire, but I do require at least 2 of the traits pretty please??

Traits according to sign--
Aries- Active, Hotheaded, Self Assured, Ambitious, Childish
Taurus- Materialistic, Good, Loner, Family-Oriented
Gemini- Outgoing, Self Assured, Romantic, Noncommittal
Cancer- Family-Oriented, Outgoing,
Leo- Materialistic, Self-Assured, Romantic, Good
Virgo- Creative, Genius, Family-Oriented, Snob
Libra- Good, Active, Perfectionist,
Scorpio- Self-Assured, Insane, Romantic, Snob
Sagittarius- Cheerful, Creative, Noncommittal, Outgoing
Capricorn- Ambitious, Family-Oriented, Genius, Perfectionist, Loner
Aquarius- Outgoing, Cheerful, Lazy, Good
Pisces- Squeamish, Good, Cheerful
There may be less traits for different signs, this just means I found it quite difficult to match my research of this sign to the limited sims 4 traits.. If that makes any sense.

You may also make their names similar to the star sign.. Aka Aries: Aria Adriana Marina ~~ Capricorn: Cassia Cameron Capri

~~Attention~~
If you don't understand how this legacy will work I will quickly explain here: Generation 1 founder: Aries Generation 2 heir: Taurus.. you will continue down the list until you get to Pisces the final sign!!

Alrighty then now on to the part I hate writing.....
RULES!! XD
So the rules are basically normal legacy rules you can see here if you are confused.. http://www.simslegacychallenge.com/...hallenge-rules/ (Site stating legacy rules)
The children DO NOT have to pertain or be connected to any star sign excluding the future heir.

I hope this is enough to go on, if you have any questions, requests, or feedback, I want to hear it!! Thanks much!!

Star Sign Sites
http://www.whats-your-sign.com/zodi...dMeaningsForLeo
http://www.horoscopedates.com/zodiac-signs/
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Jul 2015 at 2:11 AM
I'm definitely doing this one
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Jul 2015 at 6:11 AM
I like this idea and definitely want to incorporate it into my play.
However, as an Aquarius I think you got us wrong. We are humanitarians that like to see the logical side of things.
Personally, I think creative, good and genius as well as probably snobby and/or loner ( since we are a bit detached emotionally ) is a good trait for Aquarius. I do not know how you got lazy and I am slightly on the fence about outgoing as we tend to be introverts. :P
This is just my two cents.
I appreciate all your research and presenting it here!

Also, cancer signs tend to be homebodies as well. This is my experience being engaged to one.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jul 2015 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AleshaS83
However, as an Aquarius I think you got us wrong. We are humanitarians that like to see the logical side of things.
Personally, I think creative, good and genius as well as probably snobby and/or loner ( since we are a bit detached emotionally ) is a good trait for Aquarius. I do not know how you got lazy and I am slightly on the fence about outgoing as we tend to be introverts. :P

Also, cancer signs tend to be homebodies as well. This is my experience being engaged to one.

Well I am an aquarius too and I agree we can be introverts. But other things tap into it. Aquarians depending on their ascending sign moon sign and mid heaven their personality will vary. And I agree with the lazy trait- I am lazy but thsts a personal choice. And the snob trait goes against their nature so I would recommend not putting that since it will make them an opposite Aquarian and gor Leos. They are more prod back so I would add snob to their trait possibly hot headed to anyone who is reading this
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jul 2015 at 9:58 PM
Default Aquarius
Quote: Originally posted by AleshaS83

That makes sense.. I don't know too much about Aquarians, or whatever the plural of Aquarius is. So I based it mostly off of my one Aquarius friend, and she tends to be outgoing. But I definitely think your take on Aquarius is much more accurate than mine... Thanks for the input!
Test Subject
#6 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 12:22 AM
"Taurus- Materialistic, Good, Loner, Family-Oriented"
I am a Taurus and I have quite a problem with the traits.These are incorrect, and a sterotypical version of the sign. We can be quite Artist, and we are not loners. Actually Some Taurus people are quite friendly. 4 of the Taurus's in my class have a load of friends I being the only one having four. if you would like I can give some traits that would fit better for this sign. Also I perhaps will do this depending on how must custom content my darn sims 4 will let me have.
Inventor
#7 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 12:06 PM
People should chill about the star sign traits It's not like you are born with those traits and have to live by them fully. I myself am a Leo. Even though many of the traits fit me, there are also those that don't. And also some missing, depending on what astrology site you are looking up. Creativity for instance, is a typical trait for Leo's.. but it doesn't mean that you can't be a more logical person. I am pretty sure the OP is just meaning for this to be a fun challenge based on stereotypical traits. People tend to believe in astrology based on whether they like the traits they are given or not.

Btw, this sounds like an interesting challenge. I have never cared much for the star signs in game, as they really haven't had any function since TS1. This is a nice way to implement them!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 9th Dec 2015 at 8:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
People should chill about the star sign traits It's not like you are born with those traits and have to live by them fully. I myself am a Leo. Even though many of the traits fit me, there are also those that don't. And also some missing, depending on what astrology site you are looking up. Creativity for instance, is a typical trait for Leo's.. but it doesn't mean that you can't be a more logical person. I am pretty sure the OP is just meaning for this to be a fun challenge based on stereotypical traits. People tend to believe in astrology based on whether they like the traits they are given or not.

Btw, this sounds like an interesting challenge. I have never cared much for the star signs in game, as they really haven't had any function since TS1. This is a nice way to implement them!

I agree-the poster of this challenge couldn't go around and ask everybody hey what's sign and what's your personality, so of course they went with stereo types- and for all you know sims signs are different :-)
I mean i don't know anybody that burnt their kitchen down the first time they cooked something so yeah you know "It's a game"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Dec 2015 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mama_tex
I agree-the poster of this challenge couldn't go around and ask everybody hey what's sign and what's your personality, so of course they went with stereo types- and for all you know sims signs are different :-)
I mean i don't know anybody that burnt their kitchen down the first time they cooked something so yeah you know "It's a game"

Yes, thank you, I did go with stereotypes and what I found on astrology sites. I know the traits aren't the most accurate, but I tried to match the traits to the stereotype of that sign at least. The only sign I really know about is my own sign.
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st Dec 2015 at 5:23 PM
I'd do this
Test Subject
#11 Old 17th May 2016 at 4:09 AM
I think these are great choices in traits. I love reading and learning about the signs and I'm definitely going to do this challenge!

I'm a Taurus personally. Lots of my friends are Libras, I have one Cancer, a Scorpius, a Gemini, etc.
Test Subject
#12 Old 18th May 2016 at 9:07 AM
While I agree with some of the Virgo traits, Snob would not be one of them. Stereotypically, we Virgoes are supposed to be neat freaks (although I admit, I can be a slob). Neat or Perfectionist would be closer traits, to tell the truth but I appreciate your research and think this is a good challenge.