Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th May 2020 at 3:31 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 8th May 2020 at 4:33 AM.
Default How do I fix the UV map so that the feet don't clip into the shoe texture without Milkshape deleting the mesh?
I have some texture bleeding going on above the shoes on the legs. To fix it I tried going to the Texture Coordinate editor and deleting the parts that causes the texture bleed. All that did was delete the whole mesh. The highlighted vertices is what I want to get rid of. The legs are also clipping into the shoes.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th May 2020 at 3:31 PM
Either put the shoes in an extra "noblend" group with separate textures (safest, because you'll not want to remap any skin parts), or remap the shoes below the hands in the middle (only for fullbody outfits - if it's a bottom mesh it could interfere with tops such as hoodies, because bottoms overlay tops) - always use the "noblend" method for bottoms.

"Noblend" is essentially adding an extra group/texture to the mesh and texture file with textures that don't overlay the skin (the TXMT has the "SimStandardMaterial" setting.

Rented-Space has a tutorial on quick-adding groups to the PropertySet here: https://rented-space.tumblr.com/pos...groups-in-simpe - Depending what you add to it, you may also have to add extra morph groups and such (just for shoes you may not need to).
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th May 2020 at 5:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Either put the shoes in an extra "noblend" group with separate textures (safest, because you'll not want to remap any skin parts), or remap the shoes below the hands in the middle (only for fullbody outfits - if it's a bottom mesh it could interfere with tops such as hoodies, because bottoms overlay tops) - always use the "noblend" method for bottoms.

"Noblend" is essentially adding an extra group/texture to the mesh and texture file with textures that don't overlay the skin (the TXMT has the "SimStandardMaterial" setting.

Rented-Space has a tutorial on quick-adding groups to the PropertySet here: https://rented-space.tumblr.com/pos...groups-in-simpe - Depending what you add to it, you may also have to add extra morph groups and such (just for shoes you may not need to).

Thank you very much for your helpful advice. This information will be useful for any future projects I have in mind. With that in mind I had already rotated the shoe texture vertically and moved it to the middle in Photoshop and did the same for reassigning the shoe mesh in the UV Map. There's still some clipping on the fingers and the feet this time. I don't what to do at this point because where ever I put the shoe texture there's still going to be some clipping on the mesh.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th May 2020 at 6:26 PM
That's why shoes (anything from TS3/TS4 and other games, really) are most often added as a "noblend" layer, so they won't overlap hands or legs. No remapping needed, either. You just have to make sure they're in a separate group.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th May 2020 at 8:35 PM
That's why shoes (anything from TS3/TS4 and other games, really) are most often added as a "noblend" layer, so they won't overlap hands or legs. No remapping needed, either. You just have to make sure they're in a separate group.

I think I understand what you're telling me. I had followed the tutorial and moved the shoe texture and alpha to it's original position. I did still have the texture bleeding problem but I quickly figured out a solution and fixed it by blacking out the white shoe outline in the body~stdMatBaseTextureName_alpha bmp. Now I have no problems with the outfit. Now I know why that's the easiest and preferred solution for texture mapping. Thank you again for being so helpful to me. As you could tell i'm still an amateur at this kind of stuff so any advice and tips helps me out a lot.

I said this already but I could tell that you're a pro at this stuff and you had even figured out how to make clothing and hair for babies which isn't easy because that age group is left out in bodyshop making really difficult to export textures and preview what they would like on them. I'm interested in how you managed to create cc and defaults for them. Here's what the outfit looks like in bodyshop. I was trying to recreate the outfit that Goldie Toane wears on Sims Bustin' Out and this is my rendition of it. I like the body of the mesh but I want to edit the nipples on the mesh out because they look too distracting but I don't know how to do that without leaving a hole on it so I'll just make a new thread about that.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 8th May 2020 at 9:55 PM
Isn't there a mesh without the nipples you can use? I did wonder a bit, because the UVmap does look like it's for a naked body with some added details in certain areas.

If not, I think it would be relatively simple to just remove the geometry of the actual nipples, then snap together (weld?) the vertices for each hole, and fix the UVmap accordingly (snapping the vertices together - I think there's a trick for it). Morphs would have to be remade.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2020 at 11:18 PM
Isn't there a mesh without the nipples you can use? I did wonder a bit, because the UVmap does look like it's for a naked body with some added details in certain areas.

If not, I think it would be relatively simple to just remove the geometry of the actual nipples, then snap together (weld?) the vertices for each hole, and fix the UVmap accordingly (snapping the vertices together - I think there's a trick for it). Morphs would have to be remade.

I'm not quite sure if there's a version of the mesh without them. The names of the meshes that I had used are called BobbyTH_Bootylicious and the other one's PMO_AthleticQueen. I might be better off selecting and deleting the nipples,snapping the vertexes together to close the hole together and do the same for the UV Map if I have to. Thanks,I give that a try whenever I feel in the mood and if I have any problems then I'll make a thread about it.