Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#226 Old 2nd Dec 2019 at 11:29 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 7th Dec 2019 at 1:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
May I ask if you work on any new world, jje1000? Or at least do you have a plan for a new world in your mind?

Not yet, trying to push to finish this world first.

But beyond it, I have some preliminary ideas and sketches:
- Large Old West-style world based on Oregon to the Grand Tetons, with new trees and bushes
- Variants of Boroughsburg, i.e. 1990s or 1970s Boroughsburg editing the distant terrain
- Small Capri-like exploration island with a tram- reusing Cawblog's excellent unused Mediterranean Distant Terrain + experimentation with the Zephyr system as a tram system
- Starlight Shores default replacement, reorganize world to look more like Santa Monica/Malibu, and create new Southern California-style trees
Edit- forgot about this: - A counterpart world To Boroughsburg based on a synthesis of the Rockaways/NJ beach towns/Fire Island, etc.

TBH, I sort of want to move off of the Sims 3's engine as it's already really old, and sort of constricting, but there's really no other game or engine that has a birds-eye open world life simulator like this attached to it.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#227 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 12:11 AM
If you want my opinion, go for idea 2 or 3. A retro Boroughsburg could be a smaller side project since it's already an existing world. The tram island sounds interesting, it hasn't been done before. But the first has a lot of potential if you're going to rely heavily on new content. I've personally kind of been in love with the Western aesthetic ever since I started playing Red Dead Redemption 2 and I think it could work really well in a Sims 3 context.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#228 Old 3rd Dec 2019 at 2:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
- Small Capri-like exploration island ....

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tram or not. That is a place I did not want to leave!

Wild West was done at TSCC and I did a few lots for that group project.
Instructor
#229 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 10:10 AM
Thank you for the response! Hmmm, a Starlight Shores-remake sounds intriguing for me, and a Malibu-Santa Monica shoreline with a long row of beach houses and piers and yachting clubs could look awesome. Plenty opportunities to use Island Paradise features. My only concern would be if it's possible to create somewhere an authentic "neighborhood center" with the workplaces /rabbitholes /school etc. In Santa Monica South? Maybe a bit of a slum there, just to avoid the world to become too homogeniously "richman district"? The "wrong side of the block"? That would be yummy!
Mad Poster
#230 Old 5th Dec 2019 at 11:41 AM
Like I said, I think your new world should definitely have some sort of major gimmick. The tram was a good example. Without it, it's technically just another world. Boroughsburg has a major gimmick.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#231 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 2:13 AM
Thank you for the response! Hmmm, a Starlight Shores-remake sounds intriguing for me, and a Malibu-Santa Monica shoreline with a long row of beach houses and piers and yachting clubs could look awesome. Plenty opportunities to use Island Paradise features. My only concern would be if it's possible to create somewhere an authentic "neighborhood center" with the workplaces /rabbitholes /school etc. In Santa Monica South? Maybe a bit of a slum there, just to avoid the world to become too homogeniously "richman district"? The "wrong side of the block"? That would be yummy!

Lol call me basic, but I always thought a Santa Monica world should always have the feeling of Sheryl Crow's All I Wanna Do. If there's an area that should feel grittier/alternative, it would probably be the equivalent of the Venice beachfront + a bit of Central LA/Culver City away from the water. Perfect spot for houseboats/IP activities as well- could be even more interesting if there's enough room for something like the Channel Islands as well.

If I work on it, you gotta help because I already have too much on my plate! PM me if you want to continue!
Mad Poster
#232 Old 7th Dec 2019 at 2:46 AM
No matter what you decide if some help is needed with lots I love to build. I think Venice beachfront would be a fun area to do. And houseboats are especially fun to do. There is a houseboats community in Sausalito that has some very boho very fun residences. Baja beach communities are also a fun theme. Worked on a world done there in 2. I am sure whatever you do will be great! But my top dream is Capri. :D
Field Researcher
#233 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 1:15 AM
I'd like to see Eastlands finished
Mad Poster
#234 Old 8th Dec 2019 at 2:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsmidgen
I'd like to see Eastlands finished

Same, but interest has drifted away for now, and I’d honestly like to use mesh shells instead of lot shells to create the city. Lot shells simply end up being a huge hassle to decorate, and end up unnecessarily laggy and don’t look as good regardless.

Will need to find some shells to convert, and to also rework parts of the city accordingly, which takes time and effort.
Mad Poster
#235 Old 26th Dec 2019 at 5:13 PM
Almost done- just one more lot left to finish!

Also looking for people to create sims for the savegame! Please let me know and so you can be added to the Discord!

Mad Poster
#236 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 5:26 AM
Almost done- currently bugtesting!

Mad Poster
#237 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 6:28 AM
Looks Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#238 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 5:51 PM
God this looks marvelous!
Theorist
#239 Old 24th Jan 2020 at 5:55 PM
When you say almost done....will this be the complete final version?

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Mad Poster
#241 Old 26th Jan 2020 at 12:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
When you say almost done....will this be the complete final version?

Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Yeah, I haven't been keeping up with the updates so I'm kinda lost on where I am patched. Maybe I'II start over? Preciate just 1 big file update hahaha.

Currently bugtesting- I would just wait until the final release.
Instructor
#242 Old 28th Jan 2020 at 7:13 PM
Everything looks amazing :lovestruc I downloaded it back when it first came out but didn't have the energy to build it all up and decided to wait to see what incredible things you talented people will do. I'm always amazed what sorcery people manage with (almost) no cc. In the meantime I just load it up occasionally to look at how pretty everything is
Lab Assistant
#243 Old 29th Jan 2020 at 2:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
- Starlight Shores default replacement, reorganize world to look more like Santa Monica/Malibu, and create new Southern California-style trees

I know I’m late but I’d die for a world like this! Starlight Shores as it is now doesn’t scratch that SoCal itch like I had hoped it would. Coasterboi’s Los Aniegos got closer, but it’s a bit big for my taste. Something smaller and more stylized would be absolutely amazing!

Maybe something in the vain of the Mirage Park neighborhood in The Sims 4 Get Famous would work for a slightly grittier area of town? A mixed zoning area with back alleys and graffiti and room for rabbitholes...

But I’m getting way ahead of myself and slightly off topic lol. I’ve been following Boroughsburg since the beginning and can’t wait for the full release!
Test Subject
#244 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 6:52 PM
Is there any good spot in the city to make a home university?
Mad Poster
#245 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pistence
Is there any good spot in the city to make a home university?

Already included!

Though it's more of a set of custom rabbithole rugs that whisk your sims away to a CUNY-equivalent elsewhere in the city, along with a student union/public library combo lot.
Lab Assistant
#246 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 11:03 PM
on the official creators tumblr it is mention that the Boroughbourgh file has been updated to include all the new buildings. when I downlaoded it , they arent there.ere the new updates added tp the main file? I comepletly unisntalleed the world, re-downloaded it from the tumblr , then re-installed and the updates are ,issing.
Forum Resident
#247 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 11:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frecklebeans
on the official creators tumblr it is mention that the Boroughbourgh file has been updated to include all the new buildings. when I downlaoded it , they arent there.ere the new updates added tp the main file? I comepletly unisntalleed the world, re-downloaded it from the tumblr , then re-installed and the updates are ,issing.

I don't think it's going to be rereleased until it's completely ready.
Instructor
#248 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 3:24 PM
Finally I have a scuba diver sim in Boroughsburg, and he's level 5, but I'm not able to find the 2 diving lots on the map. He can snorkel everywhere all right, but I'm so dumb I can't discover the underwater lots. I can see two floating buoys by the two sides of the bridge, but either I click on the water or on the buoys, no option to Scuba Dive at all. Maybe some mod interferes...? So where are the diving lots?
Field Researcher
#249 Old 28th Mar 2020 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
I know I’m late but I’d die for a world like this! Starlight Shores as it is now doesn’t scratch that SoCal itch like I had hoped it would. Coasterboi’s Los Aniegos got closer, but it’s a bit big for my taste. Something smaller and more stylized would be absolutely amazing!

There actually is a smaller version of Los Aniegos, it's called Angel City and it's quite pretty.
Forum Resident
#250 Old 29th Mar 2020 at 3:51 PM
Descargassims also has a Los Angeles world that's really small and pretty good considering the size.
Page 10 of 13