Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 6:54 AM Last edited by WatermelonSandal : 7th Feb 2020 at 7:40 AM.
Default Adult-age clothing for young adults.
It perplexes me that some adult-age items of clothing are not enabled for young adults, even though they're basically the same age, just one is at university. Is there any way I can modify my CC for adults to be for young adults?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 7th Feb 2020 at 3:32 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 11th Feb 2020 at 2:39 PM.
It's not just you - YA was added later, so a lot of older clothes weren't enabled. Some just didn't know how to enable it.

Enabling to YA is very easy. You can do it for instance in the Wardrobe Wrangler by loading up the clothes you want to edit and ticking YA on all clothes that are adult enabled. Remember to save the edits for each file.
(TIP: Elders can use adult clothing too, so tick if you want, but they don't get the elder body. Elder separates get gaps if used with adult separates, so make sure you enable both tops and bottoms).

If you have SimPE, open up the recolor file you want to edit, locate the "Property Set" resource, click it in the Resource View screen, then in the Resource Tree screen, and then it should pop up in the "Plugin View" (usually at the bottom). Locate the "Age" line.
For YA + adult - change "age" to 48 (you don't need to write 0x00000048 - just 48 is fine, and SimPE adds the rest).
For YA + adult + elder - change "age" to 58
For just YA, change to 40
For just adult change to 8
for just elder, change to 10.
Click "Commit" and "file --> Save" (you can also save the file with Ctrl+S, which is what I do, because it's faster)

Which method you use doesn't matter - you'll get the same result. The WW is perhaps a bit easier to use than SimPE because of the tick boxes instead of having to keep track of numbers, but it also has some limits (especially when editing hairs or accessories). I tend to stick to SimPE because I often edit other things in the files, but it's more of a personal preference.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 6:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It's not just you - YA was added later, so a lot of older clothes weren't enabled. Some just didn't know how to enable it.

Enabling to YA is very easy. You can do it for instance in the Wardrobe Wrangler by loading up the clothes you want to edit and ticking YA on all clothes that are adult enabled. Remember to save the edits for each file.
(TIP: Elders can use adult clothing too, so tick if you want, but they don't get the elder body. Elder separates get gaps if used with adult separates, so make sure you enable both tops and bottoms).

If you have SimPE, open up the recolor file you want to edit, locate the "Property Set" resource, click it in the Resource View screen, then in the Resource Tree screen, and then it should pop up in the "Plugin View" (usually at the bottom). Locate the "Age" line.
For YA + adult - change "age" to 48 (you don't need to write 0x00000048 - just 48 is fine, and SimPE adds the rest).
For YA + adult + elder - change "age" to 58
For just YA, change to 40
For just adult change to 8
for just elder, change to 10.
Click "Commit" and "file --> Save"

Which method you use doesn't matter - you'll get the same result. The WW is perhaps a bit easier to use than SimPE because of the tick boxes instead of having to keep track of numbers, but it also has some limits (especially when editing hairs or accessories). I tend to stick to SimPE because I often edit other things in the files, but it's more of a personal preference.

Thanks, unfortunately it's not showing up correctly. Even after loading the project in Bodyshop and re-importing it to the game.
Oh, it's because the age integer keeps setting itself back to 08, even after I've saved it to 58.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 3:00 PM
Did you click "commit" before saving (in SimPE)? If not, the changes you did will be reset.

In WW you have to save each file before moving on to another, or the edits won't be saved.

And remember that the original EAxis outfits need a deeper fix than this (a PropertySet recategorizer), so if you use an EAxis outfit to recolor, it will go back to start. If you recolor your edited file, it should keep the age setting for the new recolor.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did you click "commit" before saving (in SimPE)? If not, the changes you did will be reset.

In WW you have to save each file before moving on to another, or the edits won't be saved.

And remember that the original EAxis outfits need a deeper fix than this (a PropertySet recategorizer), so if you use an EAxis outfit to recolor, it will go back to start. If you recolor your edited file, it should keep the age setting for the new recolor.

Yes, I pressed commit. It's a recolour of EAxis content.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Feb 2020 at 7:15 PM
Changing category is not enough. I found this :
Quote:
Version and Product get really useful later on in multigroup meshes and also for things like bodyshapes and organisation, but really all you need to know for a quick tutorial is that the ‘version’ must be higher than 1 for it to show up for young adults. I generally always make it 2 if it needs changing at all.
Alchemist
#7 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 1:02 AM
The method I use in SimPE is the clothes scanner method. Is that not a good way to change ages? I do change outfit categories this way and it's very easy and much better for editing batches/groups of files.

Basically, you go to Tools, then Scan Folders, select the folder with the files you want to edit, then uncheck everything except the Clothes Scanner in the scanner settings box, then hit the Scan button. (You can also make the search Recursive, to search in subfolders, too.) Select the files you want to edit, then under the Operations tab, you can select the ages and the category. Hit "Set" after you select the age/category, and that's it. If you want to make sure the edit worked, you can Scan the folder again and the new categories and ages will show if you did it right.

I still use WW to edit the gender, (i.e., making a clothing that's both male and female show for just one, or vice versa, etc.), but overall, this is way easier for changing ages and categories, imo--very quick, doesn't require you to edit numbers/lines or remember any info... (WW is also user friendly, but like simmer22 mentioned above, you have to save after each recolor file, which can be tedious if editing a bunch of files.)

Anyway, does this method not work for changing clothes to YA? Or is it just a method that isn't well known?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 1:36 AM
I use simPE, open property set and change the age area code to 0x00000048 That allows both adults and YA to wear an outfit.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 11th Feb 2020 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Anyway, does this method not work for changing clothes to YA? Or is it just a method that isn't well known?

It works, and I think it's well known because it's present in several tutorials - but it might be like Influence said, that you for some older outfits also have to change the "version" number to make the later EPs recognize them as clothes for particular categories or ages, such as YA for Uni and Outerwear for SSN, possibly also for toddler and child clothes with extra categories other than the ones available in Bodyshop. This would mostly be a problem with outfits cloned from basegame items, I think. If you clone any of the EP items, I think they would have the proper Version listed.

Hat's info-tutorial on the matter lists most of the categories in the PropertySet resource and what they do (including Version), so it's worth a look.
https://hat-plays-sims.dreamwidth.org/34791.html
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Influence
Changing category is not enough. I found this :

OMG you may just have solved a perplexing problem I've been having with some outfits.