Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#8801 Old Yesterday at 5:25 AM
Shelby BACC Round 1

Mayor Redd’s first week as Mayor of the city of Shelby. Redd and his tar colored cowboy hat was more than excited to start leading the new city to great pastures. A week ago, Redd along with 45 others arrived to Shelby to start anew and wipe themselves ‘pure’ in the eyes of the Watcher.

Having no City Hall, Redd traveled 10 miles east back to SimCity to conduct business for Shelby. Things were going seemingly well, until Redd was presented a Real Estate deal from Landgraab Enterprises. Everyone knows, when the Landgraab’s comes knocking, you always say yes (if you know what’s good for you). Desperate for money and lacking financial or legal advisors on council staff, Redd speedily agrees to the deal. Days later, he is notified that the deal was a dud due to recent land protection laws and that he is to appear at SimCity Courthouse. Not fully understand the landscape of the situation, Redd represented himself in court, which left the Judge ending the case in tears (from laughing so hard). Redd returns to Shelby with §10,000 less in the Treasury.

---

I usually don’t integrate chance cards into my gameplay plots, but this one was too good to pass up.
Redd is currently the only council member and has no experience, so of course he would link up with the scummy Landgraab’s and sign off on a bad deal. It sucks, because Shelby can not afford to lose that much amount of money. We have schools that need to be build.
Screenshots

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#8802 Old Yesterday at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
Shelby BACC Round 1

Mayor Redd’s first week as Mayor of the city of Shelby. Redd and his tar colored cowboy hat was more than excited to start leading the new city to great pastures. A week ago, Redd along with 45 others arrived to Shelby to start anew and wipe themselves ‘pure’ in the eyes of the Watcher.

Having no City Hall, Redd traveled 10 miles east back to SimCity to conduct business for Shelby. Things were going seemingly well, until Redd was presented a Real Estate deal from Landgraab Enterprises. Everyone knows, when the Landgraab’s comes knocking, you always say yes (if you know what’s good for you). Desperate for money and lacking financial or legal advisors on council staff, Redd speedily agrees to the deal. Days later, he is notified that the deal was a dud due to recent land protection laws and that he is to appear at SimCity Courthouse. Not fully understand the landscape of the situation, Redd represented himself in court, which left the Judge ending the case in tears (from laughing so hard). Redd returns to Shelby with §10,000 less in the Treasury.

---

I usually don’t integrate chance cards into my gameplay plots, but this one was too good to pass up.
Redd is currently the only council member and has no experience, so of course he would link up with the scummy Landgraab’s and sign off on a bad deal. It sucks, because Shelby can not afford to lose that much amount of money. We have schools that need to be build.

I love it when they put previous chance cards into later ones. Also always nice when the Landgraabs and Crumplebottoms show up.
Scholar
#8803 Old Yesterday at 12:06 PM
I played the O'Connor family in my prosperity-style hood. Previously, Alexa O'Connor had been caught by her husband in an affair with Ethan Stevens. They thought they were being discreet by going to the hotel, but not discreet enough, it seems. Ethan was a townie I put into the game because he had the same last name as one of my playable families, and he's really cute, so I would like him to procreate. He had the want to marry Alexa--odd for a Romance Sim, but then again, most of the women around town find his personality to be a dealbreaker. So he asked Alexa to leave her husband.

When I opened the household, Alexa's husband, Torin, was about as furious as he could be at her. There was a fight and then a breakup. Torin spent quite some time eating his feelings and gained some weight--sad for a once world-renowned swimmer. Finally, he decided to pull himself together and go on a date with a townie named Alisanne. The first date did not go so well because Alexa was on the lot and it was awkward. Torin preferred to get drink after drink instead of pay attention to his date. But his friend Belinda Chapel gave him a pep talk, so he decided to try again, and this time the date went better, ending in woohoo.

Meanwhile, Torin and Alexa's son, Hugo, had decided he wanted to go to university. Who could blame him? He worked on his grades, he worked on his part-time job, he worked on his chess, and he got an impressive number of scholarships. Torin got a promotion in his Adventurer job, which made up the rest of the tuition. Hugo had a place to live already--roommates with Scott Warner, who was already in his junior year. Hugo arrived on campus, put his things in his new room, and then immediately booty-called none other than Alisanne. She ended up spending so much time there that she became like a third roommate. It was clear that she liked Hugo more than she liked his dad--much more. I foresee a wedding in their future.

So, in my previous family, the father divorced his wife and stole his son's girlfriend for his new bride as soon as she became an adult. In this family, the son stole his father's girlfriend as soon as he became an adult. Perhaps this town is too small?
Mad Poster
#8804 Old Yesterday at 2:06 PM
I'm not really sure what to do with the Klapper family now my ToT challenge has entered the Roman era. Based on my class system (money, skills, friends etc divided by family members) they would be Slaves, but the main family have over $70k which is more than most families. So I've kinda just let them continue to be a tribe. I've updated their lot to be more weather resistant, enough beds for all etc and then just kinda let them continue living off of fruits and fish.

Donkerste Klapper turned 79 by the end of the rotation and according to his age meter, still has plenty of life left in him. I was pretty surprised because most of the first generation have since passed. Him and his twin brother Grott have outlived 4 of their siblings even though they were the eldests (To be fair, their youngest brother died in adulthood after a fight). This rotation Donkestre became a great-grandfather to baby Drakari (meaning "happiness", as the new parents were happy to birth an heir), his son Erfgenaam also welcomed their 5th child Nyambe (meaning "Fire", because the mother went into labour whilst cooking and nearly burned to death moments postpartum)

Over in Grott's household, his 3 granddaughters are all preparing for marriage. The oldest, whos name I have forgotten married Brothus Klapper (close enough related they share a surname, not close enough related the game stops them. I think Grott's brothers grandchild?) and welcomed in their first child Amara. The second oldest, Well got engaged to her boyfriend Mensos Akuji, and third grandchild Grok became a teenager and is now finding love. Though her turn ons are grey hair and hard worker... so thats gonna be pretty difficult.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Page 353 of 353