Replies: 9437 (Who?), Viewed: 842192 times.
Page 7 of 378
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#151 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:04 PM
How to fulfilll the "see child be genious" want? My kids are in an honour-roll, but never are they geniouses.
Field Researcher
#152 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:07 PM
Ani: The child needs to get the "genious" trait

ingeborgsk
Scholar
#153 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:10 PM
Give child "Genius" trait.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 11th Jul 2009 at 9:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangreless
Give child "Genius" trait.

Oh, I see. I randomize their traits, so there shall be no givin from my part. But thank you both for the info, it's good to know what's it all about.
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 4:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianlasha
My dumb question is: How do I download cc for ts3 from this website? I have been trying forever and nothing is showing up.

Stupid question #2: How can I make the game run faster? I think the patch to fix the speed up buttons actually broke them further on my computer. *tears hair out*


Not sure about Q1, but Q2 I have an answer.

I have installed this game on two machines and I have found two VERY different results.

My main machine is a 2.66ghz 1333mhz FSB Core2 machine with a $550 (When purchased new last year) video card, and somewhat fast memory (When purchased new last year), and the game plays as I would expect on speed mode 1, 2, and 3.

However, I installed this on my Notebook, and its a graveously different experience. Its s 2ghz dual core, 667mhz FSB, and an Intel video card. Same copy of the game, COMPLETELY different results.

On the home machine, I have everything turned up to max, other than the number of high-quality lots shown (Set to 3; 6 makes it start hitting the HDD pretty hard). On the notebook, I had to turn EVERYTHING down, but left the high-quality lots to 3. If I'm zoomed in on my Sim, everything is `decently` smooth, however, when I hit speeds 2 or 3, I get about 1.5. Even if the Sim is sleeping.

The patch MAY fix something for speed issues, but, it may not be the god-send you were hoping for.

BTW, both of my machines are running un-patched versions.
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 4:37 PM
My question:

How do you subtract days from a Sims life? I don't want to 'age' them up, or shorten the global life span of the neighbourhood, I want to minus a few days off an Elder Sims age, so they are closer to dying. In the Sims 2 I would have drunk some bad elixir to age this - is there a Sims 3 equivilent? Thanks.

Also, I haven't seen a Sim die of old age (or anything else actually), as they seem to be at the end of the bar for ages. Do they still give out inheritances?
Scholar
#157 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 5:44 PM
No inheritances, you can change the age slider to short in the options.

Creator of the Sparkly Things
In Soviet Russia, the Sims mod you!

ZOMG Patterns! ZOMG! Patterns! the Group!
Awesomeness: When I get sad, I stop being sad and am simply awesome again. True story.
Lab Assistant
#158 Old 12th Jul 2009 at 7:18 PM
Thanks, but I don't want to do that for the whole neighbourhood, just one or two sims, to shorten their lives.
Test Subject
#159 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 1:22 AM
You could turn off neighorhood progression and shorten the life span while playing that family till they die. Make sense?
Lab Assistant
#160 Old 13th Jul 2009 at 2:38 AM
Sort of not part of the actual game but can't find another place to put this:

What options ingame can you choose to make your pictures look the highest quality?

and

What do you save your pictures as for the highest quality while maintaining the file limit on the forums?
Forum Resident
#161 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 3:35 PM
Default "I want to ride my bicycle, I want to ride my bike..."
Just a notion that got stuck in my head but I don't know if it's true:
Does the bicycle benefit Sim fitness, or is it just another mode of transport?
IMO it should be like doing cardio exercise, but this wouldn't be the first time EA skimped on the details.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#162 Old 14th Jul 2009 at 8:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalLaurie
Does the bicycle benefit Sim fitness, or is it just another mode of transport?
IMO it should be like doing cardio exercise, but this wouldn't be the first time EA skimped on the details.
It's just tranportation. I'v been thinking the same, but have not seen any changes to fitness when using it. I still love having it thou

brandon1107: hope somebody answers your question, as my pics are too big for this forum and I cannot find any options to shrink them ingame.

Tiny question. Is there a set hour/day when you have a protest infront of city hall? I play Riverview, and have only seen once one elderly lady protesting, but my sim was rushing to the hospital to give birth, so I couldn't participate. And, can you start the protest yourself? or only join one?
Forum Resident
#163 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:15 PM
Thanks, Ani.

Okay, new question: Whatever happened to slow dancing? I used to love making my couples slow dance in Sims 2, and so far have been unable to find it in Sims 3. I've tried clicking the target Sim and the radio, nothing. I'm at Romantic Interest--is my relationship not high enough, or is it just not in the game?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#164 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:10 PM
LethalLaurie: It's not in the game, at least I'v never stumbled on it.

My question is about meetings. I have one of my ladies at level nine of the business career. She has to hold meetings to get her work performance up. She has so far held 4-5 meetings afer work. She has even learned charisma because I thought it would help, but obviously it doesn't. Her mood meter is high, her co-worker meter is high, it's just the meeting meter is fully red.
Also, what other places can she hold meetings at? so far I'v only had the option in the business building.
Scholar
#165 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 9:35 PM
Here's a weird request:

Could someone post a picture of the home that Agnes Crumplebottom is supposed to live in?
Test Subject
#166 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 9:32 PM Last edited by KatSpringer : 5th Aug 2009 at 4:12 AM.
Does anyone know if you can move the paintings on your walls up and down like in TS2?
I saw it done here but I can't find how to do it anywhere.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
4th Aug 2009 at 9:52 PM
This message has been deleted by kiatyn. Reason: I thought this was new thread.
Field Researcher
DELETED POST
4th Aug 2009 at 9:52 PM
This message has been deleted by kiatyn.
Field Researcher
#167 Old 5th Aug 2009 at 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatSpringer
Does anyone know if you can move the paintings on your walls up and down like in TS2?
I saw it done here but I can't find how to do it anywhere.


I don't think this is possible yet. It may just be that one painting is higher up the wall than the other and she used moveobjects on to place them on the same wall.

If it is possible, I'd like to know too.
Test Subject
#168 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondayMorning
I don't think this is possible yet. It may just be that one painting is higher up the wall than the other and she used moveobjects on to place them on the same wall.

If it is possible, I'd like to know too.


Aww. =[
Well thank you for letting me know. :D
Field Researcher
#169 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:34 AM
Well, while I was in game today, I tried it with moveobjects on, placing two pictures on the same wall, and they both overlapped. This leads me to believe that she did some magic, or somehow changed the height maybe when she cloned those paintings? I'm just not sure.

ETA: I found this on her site:

"I have been asked how I created the stacked paintings in some of my screenshots. If you would like to do the same, you will need to make a sunken room with floor to ceiling windows. Here is a tutorial by Beefysim1 at MTS to show you how to do just that. I would like to note that you do not have to actually place the windows if you don’t need a floor to ceiling window effect."

Hope that helps!
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 1:39 AM
Answer to a question
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristelparv
How can I change toddlers hair and clothes?


To answer your question you can change toddler hair with a mirror and the clothe with a dresser i hope to helps you

hello everyone and have a great day
Test Subject
#171 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MondayMorning
Well, while I was in game today, I tried it with moveobjects on, placing two pictures on the same wall, and they both overlapped. This leads me to believe that she did some magic, or somehow changed the height maybe when she cloned those paintings? I'm just not sure.

ETA: I found this on her site:

"I have been asked how I created the stacked paintings in some of my screenshots. If you would like to do the same, you will need to make a sunken room with floor to ceiling windows. Here is a tutorial by Beefysim1 at MTS to show you how to do just that. I would like to note that you do not have to actually place the windows if you don’t need a floor to ceiling window effect."

Hope that helps!


Thank you so much. =]
Test Subject
#172 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 8:40 PM
Default hello
Hello.. how are you? the pen is on the table, the cat is under the table.. the teacher is near the book
Forum Resident
#173 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 9:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vecchietta48
Hello.. how are you? the pen is on the table, the cat is under the table.. the teacher is near the book


Erm...is someone practicing their English, or is this a sort of code?
Test Subject
#174 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeag
Yeah, I mean, if they're removed why are they still there now?
to answer your question when they said they were removing motive bars they meant the environment and comfort bars
Test Subject
#175 Old 6th Aug 2009 at 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenl212
My question:

How do you subtract days from a Sims life? I don't want to 'age' them up, or shorten the global life span of the neighbourhood, I want to minus a few days off an Elder Sims age, so they are closer to dying. In the Sims 2 I would have drunk some bad elixir to age this - is there a Sims 3 equivilent? Thanks.

Also, I haven't seen a Sim die of old age (or anything else actually), as they seem to be at the end of the bar for ages. Do they still give out inheritances?


i don't know if this will work on an elder BUT! any other sim i know you can just make them use a birthday cake (at ANY time, they don't need to be close to their birthday) and you can make them older :D
Page 7 of 378
Back to top