Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul - [Island Paradise Update! Please redownload! New functionalities added!]

by shoni89P Posted 21st Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM by shoni89P : Update for 1.55 & Island Paradise EP + added new functionalities

578 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 386 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 23 of 24
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#551 Old 27th May 2015 at 5:05 PM
can you make Vampire running faster? please I need this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#552 Old 28th May 2015 at 1:08 AM
This mod is awesome, thanks so much!
Test Subject
#553 Old 4th Jun 2015 at 8:24 PM
I noticed that only certain parts of this mod works.I have the most current update. Its weird. Shoni, is there a way you can tweak it maybe? Please.
Test Subject
#554 Old 15th Jun 2015 at 11:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheKleptomaniac
Where do you put the file?
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...Setup_and_Files
Test Subject
#555 Old 18th Jun 2015 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NekoNadia
Since there won't be any more expansions and probably not any more big patches for Sims 3 ever again I just wish this mod could be updated one last time. Pretty pleeeease, sHoNi?
why whats the problem with it?
Test Subject
#556 Old 8th Jul 2015 at 5:46 PM
I have noticed that Vampiric Sunscreen does not work at all in protecting my vampire from the sun. Unless I'm doing something wrong, I would assume that you use the alchemy potion before you go out into the sun and your vampire doesn't start to smoke. Mine did.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#557 Old 8th Sep 2015 at 2:35 PM
Another vote for this to be updated. Or re-created. Or something!
Forum Resident
#558 Old 5th Nov 2015 at 1:15 PM
I tried updating the mod to the latest version. I am not a modder, so I'm not sure how well I did. It hasn't been tested yet either, but hopefully I did okay with it.

I did not update these ones:

sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Bite_Always_Neck.rar -- I updated the Overhaul_Bite version
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Buffs.rar -- I updated the no sparkle version
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_FULL.rar
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_FULL_NO_SPARKLE.rar
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Immortality.rar -- fer456 made a fantastic updated version http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=518248
sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Immortality_NoCasAgeStagger.rar -- Same reason as above

Enjoy!
Test Subject
#559 Old 13th Nov 2015 at 3:18 AM
Do you know if you could possibly make a vampire death by sun mod? Vampires can stay in the sun for far too long imo and don't even die from it
Test Subject
#560 Old 24th Jan 2016 at 9:18 PM
There appears to be some conflict with the Into The Future expansion pack, where buffs from that expansion pack don't work if you use this mod. For example, using the future tech shower will give you a buff without this mod, but with it, the buff does not display.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#561 Old 1st Feb 2016 at 10:23 PM
thank you thank you!
I love this mod! I found it so ridiculous how vampires had to actually ask and build a relationship! Like what?! It seems like EA refuses to make their games perfect, there always has to be something....
For some reason the full version wouldn't work for me, I could only download pieces. But oh well! I didn't want everything anyway.
Again, THANKS SO MUCH FOR THIS AWESOME MOD! And there seems to be no glitches.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#562 Old 1st Jul 2016 at 5:16 PM
thanks for the mod i have a problem with the sleeping on the altar
Instructor
#563 Old 29th Aug 2016 at 9:38 PM
Anyone know if this will work with 1.67 or 1.69 patch?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#564 Old 24th Oct 2016 at 10:50 AM
Just, just, amazing. Thank you so much.
Test Subject
#565 Old 6th Dec 2016 at 9:49 PM Last edited by eeloxy : 6th Dec 2016 at 10:55 PM.
Nope, does n´t seem to work with the 1.69 version. Deinstalled every other mod just for the testing, but I still get rejected to the bite interaction. (That was the main reason for me to use this mod.)

@ birdyfly, TiA! I will test your update, hope it works.
edit: sorry, does n´t work any more either.

Think I´ve got to try an other mod or try to update it myself, not sure if i´m able to.
Test Subject
#566 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 4:34 AM Last edited by trihell : 9th Dec 2016 at 9:29 PM.
Edit3: Cracked open birdfly's file and saw he'd already done what I'd intended to do. Thanks for that!

Edit4: Ok, so looks like birdfly included the altar package but didn't actually update it - from what I can tell it needs it, so I'll provide that. I didn't look over No V's or no neck tattoo cause I wasn't using them, but otherwise birdfly's files + my altar package "should" make everything work through 1.67/9.

I was interested in this and a little disappointed that it doesn't work. It's all just xml's though... and from cracking it open it looks like the buff issue is that the entire buff list was generated so that anything after the last release wouldn't be included (that's why ITF buffs aren't there). I haven't done my own xml tunings before so I don't know if it works like some other stuff where you can just delete any entries that aren't being changed, but I'll poke around maybe and figure out if that's the case and if so, it shouldn't be very difficult to edit the XMLs.

Edit: Just realized if entries weren't reductive then it'd still be working. I'll still take a shot at it.

Edit2: Read up on xml mods. I could probably update this to work with 1.67 (which should work with 1.69 too). I'll give it a shot this weekend but for anyone so inclined, it should just be a process of getting the original xml's from an (updated) gameplaydata.package and then re-doing shoni's changes. Potentially arduous but pretty straight forward.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  sHoNi's_Vampire_Overhaul_Altar.7z (1.5 KB, 424 downloads)
Test Subject
#567 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 4:46 AM Last edited by trihell : 9th Dec 2016 at 9:32 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by eeloxy
Nope, does n´t seem to work with the 1.69 version. Deinstalled every other mod just for the testing, but I still get rejected to the bite interaction. (That was the main reason for me to use this mod.)

@ birdyfly, TiA! I will test your update, hope it works.
edit: sorry, does n´t work any more either.

From what I see "bite" can be rejected if the subject is "creeped" out, which may be a default state for strangers due to the hunted buff. Just theorizing - the way to test that would be if it works for folks around 10-15 relationship, shy of friends but in the green.

I had been using the outdated version before realizing it needed an update and only discovered strange issues a little later - it otherwise worked fine. Two things I'd suggest: 1) delete caches, 2) remove and reapply vampire state (mastercontroller is the easiest way to do that).
Instructor
#568 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 4:29 PM Last edited by Airianna : 15th Dec 2016 at 1:51 PM.
Thank you so much! I am not a member of the twightlight fan club, I don't run around in rainbows, slurring my words, "Ooo I'm a monster, check me out, I am all sparkly!"
The other addins you have added to the full version are just what I needed. Thank you so much!

Now to add it to my game, and see if anything fails to function... LOL

Edit: When I added this and some other content, it seemed to have reset my graphics (might have been caused when the previous save failed to save the game), and maybe even took care of that file you suggested to remove or something. Never undid vamperism. The V's were Z's while sleeping right away in a bed, The sparkles were gone when I was outside in the day... mmm Those love bites... It could be due to some other mod I have installed that made it so I didn't have to go through all the steps. Like nrass mods, Story line handlers?... Anyway, Great job on the FULL version-No sparkles!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#569 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:34 PM
Thank you I love the No Sparkle because true vampires don't sparkle its not twilight
Test Subject
#570 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 2:00 AM
Hi, I love your mods. But sadly, none of those seems to work with my vampire Sims. I'm sure I put them in the right folder, and I dont have any other vampire mods. My base game is 1.67. I wonder why it doesn't work. Can you help me out?
Test Subject
#571 Old 15th Jun 2017 at 6:22 PM
Is there a mod that can make fairies immortal and is compatible with this?
Instructor
#572 Old 21st Jun 2017 at 9:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LunaLover10179
Is there a mod that can make fairies immortal and is compatible with this?

NRAS (might not be spell correctly) Master Controller is the file to find. You can make your sim multi-occult-ed as well.
I used it to make my sim a fairy/witch/genie/vampire hehehe Genies don't get wet from the rain
Test Subject
#573 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 3:08 PM
The mods won't show up on my list when I start up the game.
Test Subject
#574 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:39 AM
Is there a way I can install each file separately?Because there are a lot of things I do want and a lot of things I don't want
such as "Immortality". everything where you called 'vampires' "undead", the thing with NPCs being forced to bite other sims, the thing with the neck bite, the thing with plasma juice giving less, everything about the alter being..actually, who needs the alter?
the thing with hypnosis (I just need to find a mod to disable "vampiric powers")
Test Subject
#575 Old 3rd Sep 2018 at 1:08 PM
I'm not using the the immortality part of the mod but my Sims are still permanently immortal for some reason. I have used Tremerion's vampire mods also in the past as a heads up. But while I have tried Tremerion's immortality mod, it only makes your days until aging up say "0", whereas the bug I'm dealing with makes it say "never", even overwriting the immortality mod in question. It does this at least 3 time's a day, so manually setting my Sims to mortal again via NRaas Debug Enabler mod is only a temporary fix. I can post logs if you want, I had looked through them and the only line that mentions Aging is the one I renabled aging in. Although I feel like it's from this mod because I may have tried this mod's immortality package in the past that caused this. It's just really annoying, while Tremerion has a mortality mod to fix this, it sets all supernaturals to normal human lifespans and not their full vanilla extended lifespans which I'm trying to get back.
Page 23 of 24