Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Buy Set - DIY

by armiel Posted 9th Feb 2012 at 1:41 PM - Updated 10th Feb 2012 at 12:30 PM by armiel

347 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 156 Feedback Posts, 190 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 14 of 14
THANKS POST
#326 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 11:41 AM
Awesome!
THANKS POST
#327 Old 31st Jan 2014 at 8:40 PM
Very nice! Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#328 Old 10th Mar 2014 at 3:23 AM
Thank you for this. But I am confused about the folders in the package folder. I hope to install it right, just hard to think straight with a fever and a 6 month old keeping me up half the night. Sorry.
THANKS POST
#329 Old 4th May 2014 at 2:31 PM
amazing set
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#330 Old 12th May 2014 at 5:27 AM
omg this rocks!
Lab Assistant
#331 Old 16th May 2014 at 9:13 AM Last edited by Crystallyne : 16th May 2014 at 10:16 AM.
Default Need Help!
Hi Armiel,

I love your set and I've been using it a long time. However, I'm having an issue that is pretty much keeping me from using the set at all, anymore. I took some time to watch your video to see if I was doing something wrong. However, there is one point in your video where you do exactly what I'm trying to do, and I get an error message.

This is the spot in the video that I'm trying to duplicate: http://youtu.be/3s_Ax4WGamA?t=5m6s

I've got the "DIY Cupboard Full Shallow" set in my room. I'm trying to use either "DIY Shelf Cabinet Divider" or "DIY Shelf Cabinet Inside" to create shelves in the cupboard. As near as I can tell these are the exact same pieces you used in your video. When I put either shelf inside the cabinet, it snaps in place at the bottom and can be placed there. But as soon as I try to drag the shelf up higher, I get the loud "can't do that" sound affect, and the message "Must be against a wall" comes up!

I really hope you can help me out here. I really love your set as a simple storage solution for the stuff my Sims collect. There are other mods I can use, but I prefer to use this set if I can.

Edit: With a bit more testing, it seems to only be the "DIY Cupboard Full Shallow" that has this issue. I can use the DIY Cupboard Full with it's wider shelves okay. Bigger then I want for what I'm doing, but still workable.

Second Edit: Okay there are further issues I'm finding. There are a several base cabinet pieces that can't be placed at all. When I pull them out, they are red and can't be placed. These pieces include:
- DIY Cabinet Small
- DIY Cabinet Medium
- DIY Cabinet Full

Also, with the "DIY Cupboard Full" all of the shelves listed as Dividers, that appear to be of the correct size, either give the "Must be against a wall" error, come up red and can't be placed, or they appear to be placed but don't stay fixed inside the cupboard if I try to move it. (They're fastening to the wall instead of the cupboard, I guess.)

I've searched through the comments here thoroughly and haven't find anyone else reporting these issues. But on further reflection, this has ALWAYS been an issue for me. There's very little I can actually do to utilize the entire set. I can't understand why. I've got the folder with all the files inside Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 > Mods > Packages. I've double clicked on both of the sims3packs and installed those files. I'm no stranger to installing these mods, so I don't understand why it's not working for me.
THANKS POST
#332 Old 19th May 2014 at 9:11 AM
TY
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#333 Old 17th Jun 2014 at 5:18 AM
MEOW!~
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#334 Old 21st Jun 2014 at 10:57 PM
This is fantastic!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#335 Old 5th Aug 2014 at 12:26 AM
What a Great Set Keep Making More !!
Test Subject
#336 Old 2nd Sep 2014 at 4:05 AM
I'm not sure if you're still around for this mod, but I have an issue that is driving me crazy! The shelves do not snap to the correct height no matter how I try, which makes it impossible to put a top drawer on anything - they only go horizontally 3/4 of the way and cannot be dragged further to fit perfectly in the cabinet, something I suspect has to do with the shelf height.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#337 Old 12th Sep 2014 at 2:41 PM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#338 Old 23rd Oct 2014 at 11:23 AM
thank you <3 I do enjoying your creations OuO
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#339 Old 12th Jan 2015 at 12:39 AM
AAAWWWEEEESSSSOOOOMMMMMEEE!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#340 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 12:09 AM
Beautiful looking set!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#341 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:07 AM
Thank you!!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#342 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 2:24 AM
I really like this DIY Buy Set, so I watched the YouTube video and read this tutorial, too. However, I was easily placed counters on and I still can't place other things on the walls higher. I don't know why I wasn't able to get cupboards, cabinets or shelves on the top. It just drove me nut because it's so difficult to handle all of those things. So, I uninstalled those. =(

But, I appreciate this wonderful set, through.
Lab Assistant
#343 Old 13th May 2015 at 6:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DarkCougar555
I really like this DIY Buy Set, so I watched the YouTube video and read this tutorial, too. However, I was easily placed counters on and I still can't place other things on the walls higher. I don't know why I wasn't able to get cupboards, cabinets or shelves on the top. It just drove me nut because it's so difficult to handle all of those things. So, I uninstalled those. =(

But, I appreciate this wonderful set, through.

So, I decided to give a try again and found a solution. You'll have to build cabinets on the ground floor first before you can shift it up to the top. It's little easier to build on the ground than to build on the top wall.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#344 Old 18th May 2015 at 3:13 AM
Thanks! This is amazing!
Test Subject
#345 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 6:11 PM
Default Thanks a million times!
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
Birdflight, and pawjipaw too, how are you installing the package files?
If you are using the folder structure I made - is your resource.cfg file set correctly to read subfolders (as it should be if it is from this site).

I was having the same issue as these guys, and I could not figure out how to find that file to check it. However, I removed the individual folders from your main one and that made it so I was able to find them. I did this because other mods worked when they were only in one subfolder.
Not having used any of the items yet, I want to thank you for your awesomeness and dedication.
Notes: I have the latest updates on the game as of 8-11-2015. Also this is my first ever post. :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#346 Old 18th Nov 2016 at 3:15 PM
WOW! Awesome. Thank you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#347 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 5:54 PM
Thank you! this is just awesome.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#348 Old 29th Apr 2020 at 8:32 PM
This was something I never knew I needed. Thank you so much. It makes it easy to decorate small places but in the same way it is still functional without all the clutter of random deco items. I appreciate this very much, you gained a new follower.
Page 14 of 14