Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 11:23 AM
Default Help editing autonomy motives?
I've read iCads guide on this, but I guess I'm not understanding something about how Min/Delta/Type works.

I'm trying to make a shower more appealing to sims than brushing their teeth, but so far they remain obsessed with the latter. Here's the medicine cabinets data for 'brush teeth'.

I couldn't find any info on what exactly the scaling is, but I tried both making the 'take a shower' values higher and lower than the medicine cabinets brush teeth, but either way nothing seems to change in game. Unless their hygiene bars are in the extreme red, they'll always choose brush teeth. I did replace the shower with a new one in case that makes a difference, which it doesn't seem to.

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 28th Jan 2021 at 2:30 PM
Have you looked at this wiki page: https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=TTAB#Settings ?

The way I understand it, is you need to make sure "autonomy" value is set correctly, and raise the value of min. for the shower higher than the medicine cabinet. The delta is extra incentive for sims with attribute that you put in type (i.e., neat sim 000B). Looks like in the pic that maybe type and min. values are swapped? I believe the scale is 0-100 (0x0000 - 0x0064).

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 4:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
Looks like in the pic that maybe type and min. values are swapped?

I thought that too, but given it's a Maxis med cabinet I thought I just wasn't understanding it right. After a lot of messing about I ended up trying default replacing the cabinet to fix those values. Now it finally responds.

Do you know of any information regarding how these values work with the needs bars? Like, do the values only kick in and advertise to sims at 50% hygiene, or 25% hygiene? I'm guessing personality also plays a part?

"It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled." - Mark Twain
Truth will not fear scrutiny.
Instructor
#4 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 8:51 AM
I haven't messed with these too much , but I remember that Echo touches on this a little in the tutorial here: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=222531

With a little digging, you can probably find some threads where she discusses it in more detail with some of the OG heavy hitters like Numenor and Dizzy.

We have been stuck too long with "New Mesh" as the apex of creation.
_ WesHowe
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 29th Jan 2021 at 11:51 AM
The shower and medicine cabinet both have a minimum level of 000B, did you try changing the cabinet to 0000?  Did you try changing the attenuation code?  If you choose high the sim will have to be nearly right next to it I believe.  Also, did you sell/rebuy the cabinet?  I know anything with cres/slots all require a newly placed object for changes to occur, and depending on which bhav is using the ttab info, it might also only run on placement.

The wiki list isn't correct for the newer EPs.  They type changes from 000B in base tub to 0019 in Pets.  So not sure if things were shifted down in the list or if there are more types added later, I think to account for FT.