Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 3:05 AM
Default Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury, WIP
So this is the first sim of this kind im making, I'll apreciate any constructive criticism i can get

Here is she

And the one and the only Jayma Mays

http://www.formulatv.com/images/fga..._jayma-mays.jpg
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:24 AM Last edited by mickeymouse254 : 28th Nov 2010 at 4:48 AM.
First of all, you should take pictures in game, indoors with really good lighting, and dont do print screen, it makes it dark. http://peggyzone.com/Sims3Object.ht...ber=2&page=last

EDIT::
and this picture is better to use as a source, its more of a neutral expression
http://cdn.blogs.sheknows.com/celeb...s-hairstyle.jpg
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:33 PM
Thanks for the image, finding an image where she isnt LOLsmiling is kinda hard

Instructor
#4 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 5:38 PM
I can't quite see Jayma as for now. She's still looking pretty pudding-ish. Jayma is doe-eyed, but the scale of her eyes isn't that large. Her nose could be made longer and the nose tip rotated more downwards. That, or the whole nose could be rotated downwards.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 7:34 PM
To get a better look at her, have her sitting down, and click tab to go into camera man view, and use the Q,W,E,A,S and D buttons to move around until you get a good straight foward angle.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:36 PM

I made the eyes smaller, made a little bit longer the nose and turned it downwards (But now her nose looks kinda like a witch nose when you see her profile)

Quote:
She's still looking pretty pudding-ish

what you mean? sorry english is not my motherlanguage
Inventor
#7 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 10:21 PM
Puddingish means that her face looks like a default EA-face. Like the sims that are already made in game.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 1:31 PM
Eyes a bit smaller, head wider, jaw a bit more squared. Try getting pictures of your sim where she's not smiling, as TS3 smiles seem to distort their whole face! She's improved since your first post. Do you mind using custom content? If not then I suggest doing it as you'll probably be able to get a better likeness.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 2:19 PM

Depends of the custom content. I dislike using custom hair as almost always it looks too shiny and kinda plastic. I dont mind skins and clothes
Theorist
#10 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 2:37 PM
I think you're doing a great job so far, however when you're creating real people CC is usually a priority since it's more realistic (generally)

When you say CC hair is too shiny have you checked out Anubis before? His retextures are more matte then Peggy or some others. http://anubis360.blogspot.com/ There are some hairs there that I think would work....

Hi I'm Paul!
Inventor
#11 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:35 PM
You definately need some CC to get her right. Look at the pupil, it's huge compared to the real actress. Also her eyes are a bit too wide open..
I see potential, but as me and a lot of people have mentioned, she needs some decent CC. That also mean a better hairstyle how I see it. EA makes to doll like hair.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#12 Old 29th Nov 2010 at 3:42 PM
Finding some pictures of her with a neutral face expression should be the first order of business. I know she was in several episodes of Heroes - looking for screencaps of her as Charlie in Heroes would probably yield some decent shots. Right now, I really don't see much of a resemblance to her at all - the face expressions are similar to the pictures you're using, but that's about it. And between the smiles on the sim and the smiles in the pics, it's almost impossible to tell you what needs fixing, since all we're seeing is distorted views of both the real girl and the sim.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 2:20 AM
I found those two

I did some modifications in the face

I thought that hair would do the trick, sadly, it didnt
Forum Resident
#14 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 2:54 AM
The hair is great, but the color has to be less orange, and more light brownish, and also, do the pictures like i suggested before, its much easier to see what needs to be done
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 3:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mickeymouse254
The hair is great, but the color has to be less orange, and more light brownish, and also, do the pictures like i suggested before, its much easier to see what needs to be done

Yes, I know but she just doesnt stop smiling or making weird faces while she is sit. And the hair is just the deafult color, I havent changed it yet :p
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lalalo24
Yes, I know but she just doesnt stop smiling or making weird faces while she is sit. And the hair is just the deafult color, I havent changed it yet :p

Wow just found out this section exists..how helpful.
Anyways,
There is a mod here that allows you to stop the stupid idle expressions..I hate them so...
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=365918
As far as finding non smiling pictures, I know that can be hard for some celebrities. I usually search for screencaps of the celebrity I want. It'll give a load of photos from the show to work from.
For Jayma Mays go here:
http://www.newsgab.com/celebrity-pi...screencaps.html

Also consider using some of the effects makeup here at MTS.
http://www.modthesims.info/browse.p...ecial%20Effects
I found the makeup for defined noses to be very helpful and there are many others.
I think if you get her hair right it'll help. It's amazing how much hair can do. there's one here:
http://anubis360.blogspot.com/searc...&max-results=20
It's not exactly right..doesn't have the flip on the side but it has the shape. I noticed the red headed girl in the pic has a slight resemblance to Jayma.
Good Luck.
Retired
retired moderator
#17 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 11:06 AM
Her jaw is a lot wider, and much more shallow. She has a squarish face, not a long lean one.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Inventor
#18 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 11:51 AM
I think what you need to do is look at the small details. Just start on the eyes for example, and then when you've tweaked them as much as you can.. go on to the nose. And do that with every single feature on her face. It's not enough that the clothes and hair suits her. Also in 99 % of all celebrity making CC is a must. You need eyes with a smaller pupil.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 11:23 PM

Retired
retired moderator
#20 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:59 AM
Lose the slim face and pointy chin. It's by far the biggest thing holding this project back.

Lab Assistant
#21 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:39 PM
In the pictures of the actress, she has more of a short square head. I have to agree that the pointy chin isn't helping at all, but I have to suggest to square the jaw and shorten the head. There's a slider that does that as I use it to make long faced fantasy people for my game. I think it would help with this person's smaller looking skull.

Also, by keeping that bright orange hair, it doesn't help in matching her with her IRL inspiration. Her IRL hair is much more brown than what you have pictured. When you make any further changes and before you post any more pictures, I think browning her hair a bit (or toning the red orange down some) might help her in looking much more like the actress.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 2:04 PM

Inventor
#23 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 3:50 PM
I think she looks a bit.. old.. now?
Can you also try to add a side by side comparison pic for every update. Makes it a lot easier to see what to improve.
Retired
retired moderator
#24 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 1:05 AM
Head is too wide.
Eyes/face too low?
Chin is still too pointy
Mouth is too low.
Nose is a bit too wide and maybe not quite the right sculpt.
Hair color and eyebrows need to be less vivid.
Maybe try a very light yellow skin tone?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 3rd Dec 2010 at 2:15 AM
But Emma does have a prominent chin
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: Helpful sim-sculpting advice.
Page 1 of 2