Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 5:58 PM
Default New Riverview - Sims and Family Ideas
For those of you who don't know (and those that do as well), I am working on remaking Riverview to include things from every EP. It is supposed to be a bit more urban with surrounding suburbs and rural areas. I am still working on it, I promise! Should be some updates in the very near future there as well. For information regarding the world, please see my New Riverview thread.

What This Thread is For:
Discussing family ideas and storylines. I would love to see this world populated but, to be honest, I rarely play for long periods of time and, admittedly, play happy, fairly "normal" family stories. Girl meets boy, they fall in love, have baby, crap baby is crying, I'm going back to building. I'd love some input on what kind of stories you would like to see both throughout the neighborhood and in specific family lines.

What This Thread is Not:
A place to discuss New Riverview. If you have suggestions about the town, please do it in that thread. Nor is this a place to discuss cool family lines previously seen in Sims towns. The exception to this is some possible families from the original Riverview as a crossover to this one.

Working Storyline:
Some inventor lost his wife in an accident and invented a time machine to go back and save her. Instead, he somehow traveled to an alternate reality where Riverview had developed differently. Some people were the same, yet not the same, some had never moved there and some families were new. He didn't have a way back so he had to make his life anew. <-- This kind of developed due to Riverview being shaped differently in my world and explains why there is a small city rather than having some buildings labeled as historical landmarks and such. It is a very, very early work in progress so this can also be suggested upon.

I welcome any suggestions or help with this. Maybe, one day, Riverview will be uploaded with working dynamics.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:02 PM
You could have certain areas of the town populated by characters from a certain EP. Example: North occupied by Ambitions, South occupied by Adventures, East occupied by Pets, West occupied by Late Night. Or something like that. And they all run into one another and different lifestyles cause certain conflicts. And then they all fight for territory! And there's bloodshed, and deaths! And then comes mysterious Adventure travelers bringing strange, demonic relics that unleash mysterious powers that reveal further truths about the world!
The other one
#3 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:15 PM
Can just imagine Riverview rampant with mystery and bloodshed :p

Right, like you I like playing nice families but sometimes I have an urge to play something darker Like this one:
The runaway. Young girl (I play with mc so is usually a teen but would work with Y/A) had an abusive home life so runs away. Living homeless she's taken in by a kind, good looking guy with a bit of money. He promises to look after her and give her pocket money. Everything seems too good to be true....'cause it is. Helpful guy is actually an evil pimp who grooms the young girl and gets her hooked on drugs and has her living in a hovel (well, I usually just make her look like a junkie with make-up n stuff though the working bed mod helps but is not required). The rest of the story is her trying to break free and get her life back on track....is a bit gritty but I know you have a shabby end of town so could possibly fit in there?

....hmmm, thinking of more

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
The other one
#4 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 6:36 PM
Ok...apparently that's too dark :'( Something more mainstream:

Family of uppercrust horse breeders, have a perfect life. Mum and Dad rear the horses, teen daughter is a popular straight A student, child son is an adorable little genius with a bright future. One day their prize winning horse fails an on the spot test for steroids (do horses get tested for drugs? lol...if not substitute with some other horsey scandal). They are sure their competitors, the other big horse breeders in town, have set them up. They would never jepordise their livelihood in such a way!

Their prize horse (and big money maker) is disqualified from competition and word is spreading around town. Soon they can't compete any of their horses and nobody is even willing to buy them believing they're probably drugged to the eyeballs. With no money for expensive prep school fees the kids are forced to go to the local school, much to their horror. Shunned by people they once called friends and with money fast becoming scarce will they be able to somehow clear their name before the repo men come?

The other one
#5 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 7:51 PM
Freshly aged up teen boy lives in a modest home with his lonely Father. Their home was once filled with happiness and laughter but that all changed the day the boy's mother and little sister were killed in a tragic car accident. After several years and with the help of the school councellor, the boy has come to terms with what has happened and is trying to get on with his life, to be normal again but his father has become a recluse unwilling or unable to let go of the past. Without his father's willingness to do repair jobs and his mother's creativity making the place bright and homely their house has gone to ruins. Can the boy help his father overcome his grief and move on with his life so that he in turn can move on with his life and eventually move out of home without worrying about how his father will cope?

...meh, not the best but maybe the bar bones of something Don't have time to polish it atm, gtg.

The other one
#6 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 8:45 PM
Young newly weds who were living their dream life together in the city suddenly find themselves hit hard by the recession. Husband is made redundant and wifey doesn't earn enough to cover the mortgage. Their dream home is foreclosed and they have little choice but to ask Hubby's mum and dad for help. The parents agree to help on the condition that the couple move back to Riverview so the hubby can take a postion in his father's company. In debt to their eyeballs they have little choice but to agree and have to move in with his parents until they get back on their feet again. Hubby is fairly happy to have mummy doing his laundy and cooking his meals again but will wifey be able to bond with the in-laws or will they drive her to insanity?

Instructor
#7 Old 27th Oct 2011 at 11:05 PM
Mine is sorta like one of yours missroxor but slightly different, and I had already made the sims and everything when I saw this.

An late adult-early elder man and his teenage son live alone in a small cottage by the river. They barely talk since the son's mother died. She used to be the life on sf the family, tending the garden, fishing, and manning the register at their little fish-and-bait shop. But when she drowned in the river last year her husband became a recluse, doing nothing but fishing and tending her precious garden. He believes that when the last plant in her garden dies, then it is time for him to go with it. Meanwhile, the son has abandoned his football scholarship to a boarding school to take care of his father and run the shop, but the pressure is getting to him.

((I use ani_'s shop from inventory mod to make them a small bait shop and use Nraas Register to assign the son as the cashier. I also use Nraas Careers so that he is "homeschooled")
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: old--OP can unlock if she needs to.