Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 1:05 PM
Default My house - been rejected twice, need advice.
Hi. I tried to upload my house once, but it was rejected because of some screenshots that weren't right, the roof, and the outside decoration that was nonexistent. So I changed it : made a new roof and a decoration, but it was rejected again for the same two last reasons. I don't see what's the issue so I need advice please !

Here are the pictures of the house :

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 3:20 PM
You should have a much smaller fence. It hides your lot instead of showing it. The roof has to be connected. Drag the roofs into each other. Put some brown dots of dirt under your house and plants, use more then one grass and blend it together. I would have used some colors inside as well, not just ... white.
Interstellar Traveler
#3 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 3:43 PM Last edited by SeeMyu : 10th Aug 2012 at 5:00 PM.
I agree with Volvenom. Also, could you try to use single windows for the majority of the house..and maybe one (or two) double window(s)? It makes the house look a little less rushed

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 3:56 PM
I agree with both the comments above. Also, your pictures of the interior is quite dark, I'd suggest that you'd turn on all the lights when taking your pictures so that we can see a little bit better.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 6:08 PM
I agree with you. For the colours of the inside, I never know how to do it well because when I start to put colours it's too colourful, so I thought it was fine this way as I really like white... Thank you for the answers. :] I'll show the changes.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 6:27 PM
Autoroofed. Color scheme (well, lack thereof) is overdone. You should put some terrain paint and landscape it better.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 7:34 PM
I think the main roof, is WAAAAY high (hence people tells you is autoroof even if its not) I agree the fence is too high, you should put a smaller one or none at all. I also think there's enough space on the bathroom for a tub, but that's just me.
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 9:44 PM
It's not autoroofed. :/ I always suck at making roofs... I'll try to make it look better. I don't understand what you mean by "Color scheme is overdone" ?
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 11:00 PM
Hey Chax, a few tips for making the inside brighter for pictures: Use the buydebug cheat and get the ceiling and wall lights--they look like little empty squares, but they really make a room bright. Also, use windowed mode when you're taking your shots with either the in game camera or a screen shot utility. I like MWSnap. It's free and it works great. And if you use the in game camera, make sure it's set to the highest value possible.
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Aug 2012 at 11:12 PM
I tried to make some changes with the roof, the colours inside and the outside. But I don't think it looks great still...

Interstellar Traveler
#11 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 4:11 AM
I like that you added some variation in the windows! But that front, double window just doesn't seem to fit (In my opinion). Maybe try two small single windows that are spaced apart?

Also, the walls on the interior seem a little bland. Maybe try adding some pictures and curtains! That should spice it up a little.

Is there a column on the far right side of the house? Why is that there? (Just a little curious)

Last thing, that fence doesn't seem to really fit the house very well.. maybe you could try the small picket fence?

Formally SeeMyu | Retired Mod
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 6:25 AM
I think you have done a great job with basic outlook of the house. I see a few minor things that you need help with.
With your roof, you have one on every section of the house. Try connecting them instead so they make one large roof. Look at the roofs on homes near you. I've learned a lot by looking at them.
Mix textures on the walls. Use stone,bricks,woods,etc. with the paint/stucco.
Let the large stone in the front yard be the center piece. Imagine yourself walking around in that area. What would you like to do there? Read? Play games with kids? That type of thing.
Match the fence with the style of home.
Take your time and look around at the buildings and homes. Come back and use what you have seen in building sims homes.
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 2:04 PM
Thank you for your help. :]

I know I didn't put any curtains but I didn't find any that would fit with the new windows I've put... :/

The column is here because of the breadth of the roof... Doesn't need it but I think it's weird, a roof that floats...

I'll change the fence.

About the roof : I don't understand how you can connect the multiple roofs I've made ? Maybe I didn't get a thing about creating roofs haha...
Test Subject
#14 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 3:51 PM
the exterior is look better now just change the fence as the others suggested...

i think you have a lot work to do inside the house
maybe you can make way from the inside to the garage and can you remove the clothes hanger in the garage just doesn't seem to fit ............
and don't slide the dining table and the sofa in the living room it doesn't look good (i think)

as seblk said take your time.....
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#15 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 3:52 PM
For the roof, you want it to look continuous, instead of having valleys that go like \ /. You can extend them by dragging the roof tool through an already existing roof. Like for the middle section of your roof, start it on the left, and drag it all the way to the wall on the right, through the part of the roof on the left. This will eliminate the valley that is there now. Here's a picture that might be able to explain it better.

For the red box, extend the right roof so that its peak hits the peak of the left roof. For the blue box, make the top roof extend into the bottom one so that there is no valley like \ / between them. You might have to make the top one a little bit shorter in height so that it doesn't stick above the other roof. For the green box, extend the bottom bit back into the main roof, just like you did for the blue box. I hope this helps. If something looks funky, you can play with different roof types, instead of all hipped roofs, but just make sure that there aren't any valleys between the pieces of the roof that go like \ / !

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Scholar
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 6:14 PM
Thank you, I'll try ! ^^
Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 6:20 PM
I tried to understand by following what you did with the picture Twi. I made something fast, does it seem to fit to your explanation a little or not ?

Scholar
Original Poster
#18 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 6:21 PM
In fact, I didn't even knew we could put a roof on another roof. -_-
mature minion
retired moderator
#19 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 6:38 PM
the roof looks a lot better chax, like one rook meant for that building not lots of small roofs put together
dodgy builder
#20 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 7:24 PM
I'm just wondering, is that roof now very high?
Scholar
Original Poster
#21 Old 11th Aug 2012 at 7:42 PM
Hm it looks like that :

Scholar
Original Poster
#22 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 1:19 AM

Scholar
#23 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 3:12 AM
Much better! I think that fence is a big improvement because you can see your lovely house! Just a couple of suggestions for the interior. Try the dining table at an angle. I would try to rearrange the second bedroom to add a bathroom and, perhaps, make the big bathroom smaller to have a bigger living room. A bit of landscaping in the back outside the fence would be good, too. Good luck with your upload!
Scholar
Original Poster
#24 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 2:10 PM
I'm trying to make your suggestions. :] But I don't see how I could put the dining table at an angle ?
Mostly Harmless
retired moderator
#25 Old 12th Aug 2012 at 3:35 PM
If you press the , or . keys while placing an object, it will go at a 45 degree angle. If you press the alt key while placing an object, you can drag it to any angle that you want.

Check out my other downloads at my blog!
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: good home creation and decor advice.
Page 1 of 3