Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Greymont Bay

by heaven Posted 24th Oct 2019 at 4:47 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2020 at 1:31 PM by heaven

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#76 Old 6th Feb 2020 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HyperWolf
Is anyone else having issues in game with it freezing? I have tried to look up reasons to why it is doing this and I guess sims are getting stuck in places. I have the NRass management mod that looks out for that stuff and it does tell me when it finds sims stuck but its still pretty bad. I ended up downloading the empty world and have adding lots in but I am still getting the same problems. Idk if this is a world error or what. I have a fairly decent gaming computer and have not run into this issue on other maps. Is anyone else having similar issues and know a way around it. I love this map so much and want to keep playing it.

Some questions to try to troubleshoot:
  1. Do you have all required EPs and CC?
  2. When does the game freeze (at a specific time, during a specific interaction, random)? 
  3. When it does freeze, does it require alt+f4 / to be restarted or does it get hung up for a bit and then catch up?
  4. Are you using NRaas Overwatch?
    1. If yes to the above, have you set the Stuck Check Auto-Reset to False?
    2. If the auto-reset is set to False, have you double clicked the stuck sim's portrait and focused to see where they are getting stuck? If yes, where is the problem area located?

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#77 Old 12th Feb 2020 at 8:55 PM
I'm having trouble unzipping this using 7-zip. I have renamed the zip files, but when I extract the files together, it asks if I want to overwrite the previous file. What size should the final .Sims3Pack be? Mine ends up ~133KB, and I get the feeling that's wrong since that's smaller than either part. Running 19.00 7-zip.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#78 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 1:39 AM
Good morning, I've been playing in your world and it's beautiful by the way.. I just wanted to let you know, that with the rabbithole combo being on the same lot as the salon. You can't get a job at the salon. I looked at the lot in view map and I see you have it listed as salon, but for some reason, the game won't allow you to go to the salon station to get a job.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Good morning, I've been playing in your world and it's beautiful by the way.. I just wanted to let you know, that with the rabbithole combo being on the same lot as the salon. You can't get a job at the salon. I looked at the lot in view map and I see you have it listed as salon, but for some reason, the game won't allow you to go to the salon station to get a job.
You can, it's just not nearly as intuitive as one would think. (It took me a minute to figure it out too!). To join the stylist profession, click on the door of the building, rather than the floor or roof or stylist object. This should give you the option to join the career! Hopefully, you'll have some talented new stylists in no time!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#80 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Some questions to try to troubleshoot:
  1. Do you have all required EPs and CC?
  2. When does the game freeze (at a specific time, during a specific interaction, random)? 
  3. When it does freeze, does it require alt+f4 / to be restarted or does it get hung up for a bit and then catch up?
  4. Are you using NRaas Overwatch?
    1. If yes to the above, have you set the Stuck Check Auto-Reset to False?
    2. If the auto-reset is set to False, have you double clicked the stuck sim's portrait and focused to see where they are getting stuck? If yes, where is the problem area located?

As I'm still experiencing the same issue as HyperWolf, I tried to troubleshoot :

1. Yes I do have all recquired CC and EPs
2. It freezes randomly. No specific time or interaction. But it happens quite often
3. I do not need to force-quit the game. I just let some time pass and the game catches up after a while
4. I do use Nraas Overwatch. It appears that the stuck sims are quite diverse and I had sims stuck on random places. But the sims that live on the houseboats (lots B01 and B02 on your list) got stuck more often than the others, so that may be a clue
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#81 Old 19th Feb 2020 at 8:45 PM
This looks amazing!!! Thank you!!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 20th Feb 2020 at 11:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Atwin
As I'm still experiencing the same issue as HyperWolf, I tried to troubleshoot :

1. Yes I do have all recquired CC and EPs
2. It freezes randomly. No specific time or interaction. But it happens quite often
3. I do not need to force-quit the game. I just let some time pass and the game catches up after a while
4. I do use Nraas Overwatch. It appears that the stuck sims are quite diverse and I had sims stuck on random places. But the sims that live on the houseboats (lots B01 and B02 on your list) got stuck more often than the others, so that may be a clue
It could very well be a case of the game just hanging when trying to process, like when a sim changes outfits for the first time and time keeps ticking away but everything else seems frozen. Usually pausing and letting it think helps. In regards to houseboats, they have always been a routing issue, in all worlds. There's really not much anyone can do about this when using them but you can always remove them and see if it helps. They're not necessary to the world and are there for ambiance/flavor. Additionally, Overwatch can/does report inactive sims as stationary as a false-positive since inactives tend to not move much. However, as mentioned in the description, Greymont Bay absolutely is a high detail world so it's going to impact machines, particularly lower end ones. I can't be sure that's the issue but without a specific recurring factor, that would be my guess.

Space Pony
#83 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 5:31 AM
Okay. I feel incredibly stupid even needing help. For some reason, after installing the developed world, nothing shows up? I don't understand why, since when I did the interior of a house for you, everything showed up fine. I have even removed my Sims folder so the game could generate a new one. Added only this and the required CC. And it's still doing the same thing.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 22nd Feb 2020 at 2:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kadience
Okay. I feel incredibly stupid even needing help. For some reason, after installing the developed world, nothing shows up? I don't understand why, since when I did the interior of a house for you, everything showed up fine. I have even removed my Sims folder so the game could generate a new one. Added only this and the required CC. And it's still doing the same thing.
Curious question: when you installed the beta world for interiors, did you do it through the launcher (I can't remember which files I gave out), or was it a .world that you put in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds, or whatever install directory you use? Double check there and see if you have a .world that might be interfering with the new install since install directory supersedes user files.

Space Pony
#85 Old 23rd Feb 2020 at 2:19 AM
Curious question: when you installed the beta world for interiors, did you do it through the launcher (I can't remember which files I gave out), or was it a .world that you put in your C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\GameData\Shared\NonPackaged\Worlds, or whatever install directory you use? Double check there and see if you have a .world that might be interfering with the new install since install directory supersedes user files.

I think it was a .world file.
And I feel even more dumb now. xD I blame mom brain. It was in there, removed it and it's working fine now. So, off I go now to start the legacy challenge I've been waiting to start for this world. Thank you so so much. <3

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 11:22 PM
The world is lovely but it seems like I'm experiencing routing issues - everything freezes in game (except some animations like trees moving). I'm not experiencing this on any other world. My savefile is not that populated (only 204 residents) and I have quite an high-end computer. But if I'm the only one, I guess the problem comes from me

Unfortunately I had this problem as well. I tried every trick in the book but the freezing issue became worse and worse. After a while it became bad enough that the game was unplayable and I regretfully had to uninstall.
Lab Assistant
#87 Old 5th Mar 2020 at 7:10 AM
How do i correctly use this without WA and ST?

oh wait i am lazy ill just get another world and complain

i used to make dumb mods when i was bored, next time i'm bored i'll make a new mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#88 Old 6th Mar 2020 at 3:36 PM
Holly hell! WHAT a beauty! Sims 4 could never, just imagine what worlds people would create!
Inventor
#89 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 9:51 AM
Hi, I have a question. I want to install this but I played on the Beta you had out from years ago. One of the things I noticed was my sims kept getting stuck in the covered bridge which would cause the routing issues, stuck sims, and freezes. Took me a bit of playing to figure out that was what was causing it. I was wondering if that had been fixed or if anyone whose playing on this version is having that issue?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#90 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
Hi, I have a question. I want to install this but I played on the Beta you had out from years ago. One of the things I noticed was my sims kept getting stuck in the covered bridge which would cause the routing issues, stuck sims, and freezes. Took me a bit of playing to figure out that was what was causing it. I was wondering if that had been fixed or if anyone whose playing on this version is having that issue?
Yep, I discovered that and fixed it before the final release. I never quite figured out what went wrong with it but I had to delete the bridge and replace a new one. Should be good now though!

Inventor
#91 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 10:23 AM
Yep, I discovered that and fixed it before the final release. I never quite figured out what went wrong with it but I had to delete the bridge and replace a new one. Should be good now though!

Thank you! I'm going to install this now
Test Subject
#92 Old 18th Mar 2020 at 5:40 AM
This is a gorgeous world and I’d love to play in it but everyone I know that has DLed it has some kind of problem with it. :/ I can’t even place my sims on an empty lot withoutit crashing my game. This is the only world I’m having a problem with too. I’m not quite sure what exactly is wrong that crashes it. My CrashAnalyzer just says something in it is out of date.

~Kosmo can't live without the Khaos~
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#93 Old 19th Mar 2020 at 4:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KosmoKhaos
This is a gorgeous world and I’d love to play in it but everyone I know that has DLed it has some kind of problem with it. :/ I can’t even place my sims on an empty lot withoutit crashing my game. This is the only world I’m having a problem with too. I’m not quite sure what exactly is wrong that crashes it. My CrashAnalyzer just says something in it is out of date.
I really wish I could help anyone having issues. I combed the world for routing problems, tested each lot, tested the world with everything in place for an in-game year, etc. The only thing I can think of is that my tests were done with a fairly minimal CC load. When working on Greymont Bay, I had a separate set of user files that only had the CC used installed, plus a few mods (NRass Overwatch, Master Controller, etc). I wasn't even playing with NRaas Story Progression, nor with any CAS mods. I will say that Overwatch has a bad habit of reporting sims as unroutable when they are out-of-town which, as far as I can tell, there's nothing I can do about that? However, that shouldn't be crashing your game as soon as you load. I did start a new save in my full CC set of user files and I could place sims and play with minimal lag so I honestly am not sure what the issue could be. I really wish I could be of more assistance but I don't know how to even go about replicating the issues people are having.

Test Subject
#94 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 11:06 AM
Coming back to you after a few weeks of gameplay.

Deleting the houseboats solved the major routing issues and now my game no longer freezes. It's now totally playable !

Only problem is code error 12 that comes every so often, but you can avoid it by using the usual tricks (restarting your game every hour, saving in edit town mode, etc,..). So it's not a big deal (and it's the Sims 3's fault, not the world's fault)

It's a real pleasure to finally being able to play in this world, it's so pretty and so detailed ! I really love it. Well done heaven
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#95 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 4:26 PM
I love this world.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#96 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 6:05 PM
Coming back to you after a few weeks of gameplay.

Deleting the houseboats solved the major routing issues and now my game no longer freezes. It's now totally playable !

Only problem is code error 12 that comes every so often, but you can avoid it by using the usual tricks (restarting your game every hour, saving in edit town mode, etc,..). So it's not a big deal (and it's the Sims 3's fault, not the world's fault)

It's a real pleasure to finally being able to play in this world, it's so pretty and so detailed ! I really love it. Well done heaven
I am so very glad to hear this! I wish houseboats weren't such an ugh thing because I like the idea and look of them a lot, but they've always been a bit of a headache, technically. Thank you for coming back to update; it's frustrating from a creator's end to hear that people are having issues that can't be easily reproduced so to know that this fix worked for you makes me feel better. I hope you get on enjoying your time in GB!

Test Subject
#97 Old 7th Apr 2020 at 9:12 PM
Beautiful world thank you for sharing it with us. I also had the freezing issue at first, I deleted the houseboats and after thoroughly reading your post realized I had a lighting mod that needed to be removed. After doing those two things the game runs smoothly and I've had no issues. Don't know if the lighting mod was causing any issues but maybe that can help others with the freezing problem? I really love this world it has everything I was looking for, so thank you again!
Test Subject
#98 Old 11th Apr 2020 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by A.S.H.357
Hi Ive been playing with your world for a good while now and I love it! Of all the worlds I've downloaded this one remains in my folder. Im having a slight problem however with the seasonal fair. The booth attendants show up and townies do use objects, except the objects themselves are all invisible and I can't click on them. I have nearly all expansion packs(At the time of posting this) besides World Adventures and Into The Future and no stuff packs

I didn't see a reply to this post (apologies if I missed it) - but I'm having this same issue. I went into the lot and played around with the festival grounds marker - deleted everything for all seasons and replaced new objects for each season. Caches cleared. But the invisible objects are still there and don't seem to appear even when switching through the various seasons with the festival grounds marker.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#99 Old 12th Apr 2020 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpazzChicken
I didn't see a reply to this post (apologies if I missed it) - but I'm having this same issue. I went into the lot and played around with the festival grounds marker - deleted everything for all seasons and replaced new objects for each season. Caches cleared. But the invisible objects are still there and don't seem to appear even when switching through the various seasons with the festival grounds marker.
This is a really, really strange bug. One that I have never seen. So the items are always invisible, from first load of the world and after you've edited? You might try Nraas DebugEnabler and do a radius purge and see if that gets rid of things. I can't begin to speculate why the items are invisible to begin with though.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 14th Apr 2020 at 7:30 PM
Hey! Your work is amazing, I really love it!!!
Just wanna thank you for it. And there’s a lot of times that the game gets stuck, sometimes it is unplayable, and i don’t know if the Mercy Hospital is supposed to be empty or unfunctional (is a big issue for me)
Anyways, just wanna let you know that. Cheers
Page 4 of 7