Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Greymont Bay

by heaven Posted 24th Oct 2019 at 4:47 PM - Updated 2nd Feb 2020 at 1:31 PM by heaven

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 91 Feedback Posts, 75 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#126 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 10:25 AM
There an posibility for the author to share a city without forests? Such large clusters of trees cause enormous lag. The trees in town are fine and some little clusters too, but the huge forests by the river are slowing the game.
Thank you, I'm waitjng for the answer.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#127 Old 12th Mar 2021 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SharonaSha
There an posibility for the author to share a city without forests? Such large clusters of trees cause enormous lag. The trees in town are fine and some little clusters too, but the huge forests by the river are slowing the game.
Thank you, I'm waitjng for the answer.
I will not be redoing the world to get rid of trees. They are clumped appropriately across one layer, with fewer types of trees in the forests, and much of the forest is actually unroutable. However, if you would like to edit the world for personal use, you've got my blessing to open it up in CAW and adjust to your liking.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#128 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I will not be redoing the world to get rid of trees. They are clumped appropriately across one layer, with fewer types of trees in the forests, and much of the forest is actually unroutable. However, if you would like to edit the world for personal use, you've got my blessing to open it up in CAW and adjust to your liking.

Could you share a world file customized for CAW, please? I have tried this with file Greymont Bay.world but it didn't worked.
Thank you.
Test Subject
#129 Old 14th Mar 2021 at 9:31 PM
Hello Can you please post the world in zip-Format? The rar-format doesnt work for me. THank you so much
Test Subject
#130 Old 17th Mar 2021 at 4:23 AM
I have a problem with the climate of this world in particular, it rains but there are no clouds and also the rain is hardly noticeable and there is no fog during the fall
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#131 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 11:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chriscarp14
I have a problem with the climate of this world in particular, it rains but there are no clouds and also the rain is hardly noticeable and there is no fog during the fall
Do you have another lighting mod installed? 

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#132 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 4:47 AM Last edited by chriscarp14 : 27th Mar 2021 at 6:23 AM.

No, I don't have any lighting mods
[IMG][/IMG]
Test Subject
#133 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 9:25 PM

problem solved, apparently the problem was a mod that replaced the stars in the night sky, I removed it and now if the weather effects are seen
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#134 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 12:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chriscarp14
problem solved, apparently the problem was a mod that replaced the stars in the night sky, I removed it and now if the weather effects are seen
I'm so glad that you figured it out! Thank you for letting me know what the issue was.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 10:28 PM Last edited by Peter Molinari : 17th May 2021 at 4:11 AM.
That's a beautiful world! Amazing job!
I would love to have a save of this World, cause populate it is being a nightmare, since i don't know how to crate good looking sims '^^
Test Subject
#136 Old 9th Jun 2021 at 3:30 PM
Default populated isnt possible for me
hey heaven,

i really tried everything. winrar, 7-zip. i am not able to get the populised version. i tried over two days now, there is really no chance. is there any other way to get it populated? how big is the sims3pack from the populated version? on my laptop the version i installed into my game is 133.459kb big. but when i extract the files seperately its only 123.xxx kb big. so i think the first size have to be the right one? but its still not working i also want to play this beautiful world but i dont know further.

i hope you have an answer

greetings
Test Subject
#137 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 9:23 PM
Looks like Misty's website is down as of June 14th, 2021. I cannot find anywhere else to get the Island Paradise rug. Any ideas?
Test Subject
#138 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 4:59 PM
I am having the same issue as catainradish. Misty's website is down and there is nowhere that I can find to download the rabbithole rugs required for this world. Help? :S
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#139 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 10:52 PM
Misty is currently working to get her site back up and running. Status Update Here

Test Subject
#140 Old 8th Jul 2021 at 4:21 PM
Beautiful, but Unplayable
I absolutely adore this world. It's everything I've ever wanted in one save and more. The architecture is amazing, the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful and the vast amount of things to do makes me never want to play in another world again. It's my goto recommendation. If I could only play in one town for the rest of time, this would be it. It'd be perfect if it weren't for one glaring problem: it doesn't work.

When I first start up the save, it'll work really great for about a sim week before it starts to rapidly decline, from very long load and freeze times in the beginning to being completely unplayable to where I cannot load up the game itself without it crashing. Reinstalling both the world and the game doesn't work, playing without CC and mods doesn't work and switching from a run of the mill laptop to a gaming PC doesn't work, either. I love this town with all of my heart, but its especially frustrating to spend a few real-time days populating a rather large town only for it to stop functioning after a few hours of gameplay. It's an unfortunate case of CP2077 and judging from other posts and reviews, I'm not the only one whos been struggling with this.

Still, this is my favorite world in The Sims franchise as a whole, followed only by some official worlds that are only listed as top-tier for nostalgias sake, and I would really love to be able to properly play through and explore the town. I'd appreciate all and any advice I could get on making this town work for me, because although its my dream world in theory, its been an absolute nightmare to play with.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#141 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by robyngoodfellowe
I absolutely adore this world. It's everything I've ever wanted in one save and more. The architecture is amazing, the scenery is breathtakingly beautiful and the vast amount of things to do makes me never want to play in another world again. It's my goto recommendation. If I could only play in one town for the rest of time, this would be it. It'd be perfect if it weren't for one glaring problem: it doesn't work.

When I first start up the save, it'll work really great for about a sim week before it starts to rapidly decline, from very long load and freeze times in the beginning to being completely unplayable to where I cannot load up the game itself without it crashing. Reinstalling both the world and the game doesn't work, playing without CC and mods doesn't work and switching from a run of the mill laptop to a gaming PC doesn't work, either. I love this town with all of my heart, but its especially frustrating to spend a few real-time days populating a rather large town only for it to stop functioning after a few hours of gameplay. It's an unfortunate case of CP2077 and judging from other posts and reviews, I'm not the only one whos been struggling with this.

Still, this is my favorite world in The Sims franchise as a whole, followed only by some official worlds that are only listed as top-tier for nostalgias sake, and I would really love to be able to properly play through and explore the town. I'd appreciate all and any advice I could get on making this town work for me, because although its my dream world in theory, its been an absolute nightmare to play with.

I wish I could help with the issue but it's hard to track down specific problems in cases like this. I play-tested for an in-game sim year before releasing. Testing involved a CC-light set-up (only CC listed in the mod post, as well as some "essential" mods like Master Controller, Debug Enabler, Story Progression, and Overwatch. I do not use Error Trap because I always seem to have more problems with it than without.) and, with that, I was able to play for the whole year without issues other than noted in the main thread, such as long pauses during seasonal change-over. The only reason the save ended at that time was because I was satisfied with the testing and hadn't grown particularly attached to the sims themselves.

One recommendation may be to keep the population smaller by limiting the amount of usable houses. Populate the lots you want people on and then edit the others so they're not applicable as lots for Story Progression to use when migrating families. There are a lot of houses and, yeah, if you populate them all I can see this being problematic for long-term save stability, particularly with the additional NPC requirements for all the shops/bars. I think it's as simple as removing fridges or fridges/beds? I'd have to look since at this point it's been years since I've really played. Personally, I don't find this much of an issue as I can have a population similar to other worlds but still have the neighborhood look more lively but I also understand that might not be an acceptable solution to everyone.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#142 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 4:09 PM
Such a gorgeous world! Thank you.
Field Researcher
#143 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 5:33 AM
I can't find the supernatural rugs I need for this world

I am MOHAAPlayer on Discord
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#144 Old 18th Aug 2021 at 11:42 PM
Beautiful
Test Subject
#145 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 7:27 PM
I can't use it, WinRAR doesn't like it
Test Subject
#146 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 12:22 PM Last edited by tlmalone : 24th Sep 2021 at 3:11 PM.
Default Misty's Rugs Not available Currently
Hi, looking forward to giving this world a play!

Just a note for you and everyone. I've had a reply from someone at Simsylum and it appears as though Misty's site was hacked. She is working to restore all of her downloads, but hopefully even without the Supernatural and Resort Tower rugs we'll still be able to play the world
Test Subject
#147 Old 24th Sep 2021 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dewdrop
I can't use it, WinRAR doesn't like it

I was able to install this world with Winrar. What issues are you running into?
Test Subject
#148 Old 7th Oct 2021 at 2:59 PM
This world is great, just started populating it. Thanks! What is Misty's Supernatural Rug used for? I've managed to download all the not included CC with the exception of the supernatural rug, so curious if its something I can live without..?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#149 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kugrowl
This world is great, just started populating it. Thanks! What is Misty's Supernatural Rug used for? I've managed to download all the not included CC with the exception of the supernatural rug, so curious if its something I can live without..?

I've used it for both the arboretum and the gypsy wagon. Without these rugs, you will be unable to utilize those lot types and this might render those particular lots buggy.

Test Subject
#150 Old 5th Nov 2021 at 11:17 PM
People! Misty made an update and all her downloads are up! Here's the link www.simsl3gacies.com
Page 6 of 7