Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 5:29 AM
Default Assigning custom car to career
Have been creating a new career and want to assign Cool Dads construction truck using this great tute from whiterider and it goes well until the very last bit where it says:

Scrolling up in the tute is more info on splitting guids and linking them. So I had a look there and the Behaviour Constant box in the tute shows significantly more options than what Cooldads does.
Tutes

CoolDads

The tute also states this
There is a pre-requesite: Your custom vehicle must have been cloned from an existing EA carpool/NPC car. If the custom car you want to use is cloned from an ownable vehicle, you'll need to copy its meshes and textures over to a new clone of an NPC vehicle

Cooldads car is cloned (I think its cloned?) from the maxis pickup truck. Does the maxis pickup truck use the same guid as the repairman truck and gardner truck by chance, and how would I find this out? Being my first time really delving into guids I'm not knowedgeable at all on that! If it is how do I add this truck to the career, and if it's not what do I change in that behaviour constant to be able to add this truck into my career?

Any help please would be great.
Thanks
Screenshots

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 11:46 AM
It was cloned from "The Smord P328", and the carpool/npc vehicles are separate objects from ownables.  It sounds like you will need to create a new vehicle by cloning a carpool/npc truck, then replacing with cooldad's mesh/textures.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
It was cloned from "The Smord P328", and the carpool/npc vehicles are separate objects from ownables.  It sounds like you will need to create a new vehicle by cloning a carpool/npc truck, then replacing with cooldad's mesh/textures.

Thanks, I did think that was the problem. Will see how I go doing this.

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/