Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Plan Career Outfit

by Menaceman44 Posted 12th Apr 2019 at 8:53 PM - Updated 17th Apr 2022 at 9:58 PM by Menaceman44

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 67 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Field Researcher
#51 Old 11th Sep 2019 at 11:36 PM
Thank you very much!

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
This mod does NOT require an update for the Realm Of Magic patch BUT Scumbumbo's XML Injector DOES.
You can obtain an updated version of the injector on page four of the download comments, updated by Triplis here> http://www.modthesims.info/download...744#post5568744
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#52 Old 14th Sep 2019 at 6:24 PM
Thank you so much for this....
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#53 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 4:20 PM
Thanks for the warning, MM! This mod stopped working and I came to see if it needed updating, tried that other mod you suggested here, didn't work either, so it seemed like the injector's fault, but Scumbumbo's mod matched my version already. Didn't know they'd gone MIA. Maybe you should put this warning on the front page, that we need Triplis' update and not the original SB version? Either way, time to rescue my Sims from atrocious dress-code policies.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 7:05 PM
Good point. I've linked to Triplis's version on the main page now.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#55 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 1:49 AM
Good point. I've linked to Triplis's version on the main page now.

I, too, for some reason cannot get this to work. My Injector is testing as working, my scripts are active, I have other mods that work, but I get no interactive button to change the career outfit no matter which SIM, dresser, or mirror I click. No worries, of course, but I just wanted you to know. Perhaps it's because I'm trying post-most recent patch, and I do have some modded careers installed which may be impacting it (?), but I can't get it to work even on standard career SIMs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#56 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 5:32 PM
I've just tested it in my game by getting a new Sim a job in Business and the option to plan his work outfit showed up without any issue. Bear in mind that the job your Sim has must actually provide a uniform for you to be able to edit one. Not all jobs give uniforms in the first few levels, especially the semi-active careers from City Living.

Test Subject
#57 Old 12th Oct 2019 at 7:11 AM Last edited by profgenx : 12th Oct 2019 at 6:30 PM.
I've just tested it in my game by getting a new Sim a job in Business and the option to plan his work outfit showed up without any issue. Bear in mind that the job your Sim has must actually provide a uniform for you to be able to edit one. Not all jobs give uniforms in the first few levels, especially the semi-active careers from City Living.

Thanks for responding. It must just be my modded careers then. I am able to edit some standard game careers now after some fiddling (I think I had it installed wrong), but still zero luck with modded careers. Is that possible and I just have it set up wrong, or is that not possible? I only ask 'cause that's what I'm most interested in (e.g., I don't like my "professional" modded careers SIMs going to work in their casual wear).
Instructor
THANKS POST
#58 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 10:23 AM
Great idea. Thanks for sharing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 9th Nov 2019 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by profgenx
Thanks for responding. It must just be my modded careers then. I am able to edit some standard game careers now after some fiddling (I think I had it installed wrong), but still zero luck with modded careers. Is that possible and I just have it set up wrong, or is that not possible? I only ask 'cause that's what I'm most interested in (e.g., I don't like my "professional" modded careers SIMs going to work in their casual wear).

Sorry for the very late reply. If the CC careers do not give your Sims a uniform to wear then you will be unable to use this option to give them one. Your Sim has to have a work uniform already before this option will show up for them due to the test the game runs first.

Lab Assistant
#60 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 6:35 AM
It seems the Law degree with University is not working. It does have a uniform assigned that the Sim changes into before leaving for work but there is no option to plan the outfit on the dresser.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 12:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JeffreyC
It seems the Law degree with University is not working. It does have a uniform assigned that the Sim changes into before leaving for work but there is no option to plan the outfit on the dresser.

Do you also have the XML Injector updated by Triplis installed? I'm not able to check the Law career myself yet as I don't currently own DU.

Lab Assistant
#62 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 5:40 PM
Do you also have the XML Injector updated by Triplis installed? I'm not able to check the Law career myself yet as I don't currently own DU.

I do though that update being September is actually rather old now considering there has been a few game updates since then. The only mods which have an issue are career outfit (this and emilypl27's Change Into Career Outfit Whenever). Have only tried the Law career and on update 1.59.73.1020. Cheat code method works fine which I used to confirm career outfit being recolonized in the game.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 30th Dec 2019 at 10:32 AM
I'm not 100% sure, but did have various NPCs swimming in (Sulani) in Career Outfits, which did stop when I removed this.. sad, maybe it does have a conflict with another mod, also do use the newsest (fix) of the injector, just thought I'd let you know.
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 11:26 PM
For reference, the mod with the same function at SrslySims.net works without issue.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 5th Feb 2020 at 3:19 PM
In order to obtain the latest version of the XML Injector required for this mod to function please visit https://scumbumbomods.com/#/xml-injector/
A wonderful group of talented modders have banded together to maintain and update the late scumbumbo's mods to ensure we can all continue to enjoy them going forward.

Test Subject
#66 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 6:33 AM
Hi! Russian translation (STBL 0x12) is incorrect, it should be "Выбрать рабочую одежду" instead.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#67 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 12:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by riddle-chan
Hi! Russian translation (STBL 0x12) is incorrect, it should be "Выбрать рабочую одежду" instead.

Thanks for the information. I have uploaded a new version with your improved translation.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 5:59 PM
This mod is still working with the Eco Lifestyle patch. Sorry it took me so long to check.

Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 2:56 AM
I cannot seem to get this mod to work. I have the injector. My script mods are on. Other script mods are working. But this one doesn't seem to want to work. Am I doing something wrong?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#70 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 1:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AnnikaSims12345
I cannot seem to get this mod to work. I have the injector. My script mods are on. Other script mods are working. But this one doesn't seem to want to work. Am I doing something wrong?

Does the career that your Sim has give them a uniform? They need to have a uniform for you to be able to change it and not all careers give them.
I'm not sure why as this mod is on the edge of my modding knowledge but the interaction does sometimes fail to show for me as well and I just have to wait a few in-game hours and then try again.

Test Subject
#71 Old 11th Sep 2020 at 10:03 PM
Does this still work with patch 1.66.139.1020 ?
Test Subject
#72 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 3:37 AM
It doesn't work anymore. You can still change in CAS, but it is not applied. When Sim goes to work, he will wear the default uniform (or a stupidly random outfit, which I believe is a bug, as I think I've seen someone complain about it)...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 15th Sep 2020 at 1:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cbenetti
It doesn't work anymore. You can still change in CAS, but it is not applied. When Sim goes to work, he will wear the default uniform (or a stupidly random outfit, which I believe is a bug, as I think I've seen someone complain about it)...

I've just tried it out in my test hood and it's still working fine for me. I can change the outfit and when my Sim leaves for work they change into the new outfit I have chosen. I'm not sure what to suggest.

Test Subject
#74 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 3:30 AM
I've just tried it out in my test hood and it's still working fine for me. I can change the outfit and when my Sim leaves for work they change into the new outfit I have chosen. I'm not sure what to suggest.

Here is more information: I have these two Sims, one working as a Lawyer and the other as a Scientist (both at the top). I can change the lawyer's outfit. Not the scientist's, every time she goes to work, she wears that horrible default outfit, from the Scientist career. Before the last patch everything worked fine, I put on an outfit more like a lab coat for her, but now I can't keep the outfit on. Maybe something has changed regarding careers that you can follow Sim at work, as a doctor, scientist, police officer ...? (sorry my english, i'm using google translator).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#75 Old 16th Sep 2020 at 10:02 PM
I have a scientist at level 9 of the career and I was able to change his career outfit and he wore it correctly when I sent him to work the next time. I'm not seeing any issues in my game so I don't know what to check or what might be wrong. Have you tried testing with just this mod and the xml injector in your mods to rule out a conflict?
(Don't worry about your English. It is perfectly understandable)

Page 3 of 4