Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 9:53 AM
Default I am looking for a mesh hair in in bad tatty
Hello, I am looking for the name of this mesh, you who know so much, I am lucky and someone recognizes it, the daughter of a sim had this hair, it must have been genetic, she was born with it, but now that she is a teenager it looks bad, I think I have a corrupt or inappropriate mesh, do you know what it is? , I don't, I have hundreds of hair designs ... thanks even though I know it's going to be difficult.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2022 at 2:07 PM
That looks more like a hair that's been linked to the wrong mesh, or a hair that lacks the teen mesh (and possibly younger meshes too) entirely, but still uses the textures of the older ages.

Can you temporarily grow her up (without saving) and take a picture of what the hair looks like as an adult? That would be very helpful.

Textures kinda look a bit Peggy-esque...
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 7:26 AM
Hello simmer22! Thanks for your answer, sorry if I was slow to answer, I did not know how to "grow the sim", forgive me, I am very new to the game, ok, she was about to go to university, so I sent her there , When she became a young adult, her hair is that of her mother!, It is a customized sim that I downloaded, it is from the singer Avril Lavigne, not that I like that singer, but I liked the sim, I have another question about of the mesh, I was looking at my peggy mesh folder, and there were a few that put fixed, and others were the same name, but different size and MD5 or whatever, the numbers that appear in the sim pack installer, ok, I removed those, but there are others that are the same and do not have fixed, and have a different guid or how to write it, how do I differentiate them, what is the good one? ... You will say that by creation date, but I rename the files and remove spaces, commas etc ... they say that it loads faster this way (I don't know what to believe about that ...), so I have several hairs with different mesh but of same model ... help me to know which is the good one? Thanks for your help
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Jan 2022 at 1:37 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Jan 2022 at 1:48 PM.
Just a guess, but I'd say this hair is probably only made for YA and up, and the younger ages weren't properly removed.

If you still have the mesh and recolor file (in the paper bin or wherever you put them), there's a way to find which hairs belong to a mesh file, but you have to use SimPE. You open up the mesh file, find the CRES and SHPE instance numbers for one of the meshes, and see if you can find the numbers in one of the 3DIRs in the recolor files (adult mesh is usually found in YA/adult/elder 3DIR). The 3DIRs can be sorted via instance, so they'll appear together with the appropriate PropertySet, which have an age/gender prefix.

That way you can look at the mesh first, and then find other recolor files of that hair you don't want.

(This trick also works for clothes and accessories - quite handy for sorting out orphan meshes/recolors, or other stuff you don't want but somehow have gotten messed up with other items in your downloads)

(First pic is recolor file, second is mesh file. Only the last number in the 3DIR string and the number before the parenthesis are supposed to match. Make sure both numbers match, because if you just compare one it's very easy to think you've seen the right number and then you realize you were off by a mile - Hex numbers can look very similar when you've stared at them for an hour or two...)
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 12:25 AM
hello simmer22, thanks for answering, I didn't understand very well, I'm honest, I'll try something later and put a screenshot and tell me if I'm doing it right, my final question would be... if I have 2 meshes of the same hairstyle, which one it works? or none works?,mesh for the same hair, different MD5 or guid, I don't know which is which, since I only have what the program tells me that the good user simsample gave me, opening all my files with SimPE is impossible, unless they give me 4 more lives (laughter and tears). I hope you can tell me if even having 2 meshes of the same hair, it works... thanks for your patience
Mad Poster
#6 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 12:30 AM
If you have two meshes for the same hair, they're either the same file but one is renamed (pick one), or one has been updated (check filename or date, see if one is newer).
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 12:48 AM Last edited by Missdabone : 15th Jan 2022 at 1:08 AM.
They don't have the date of creation, since I rename them, I have a Peggy mesh that says it was created in December 2021, that data doesn't work for me...
How can I know the mesh of this hair? I have searched all the short hairs of 2007 in simcave and there is none, at least in the shape that I have looked at in simpe, I would like to know how to do it so as not to bother the forum, can you help me?
hair of natlie portman
Mad Poster
#8 Old 15th Jan 2022 at 6:20 AM
I don't know if it is a Peggy hair, the texture just looked a little like it - but the hair doesn't.

Since you found the mesh/hair the sim was wearing, you could just package sims with that hair in Bodyshop and find all the hairs that way. Not sure if Bodyshop manages to package the mesh, but if you find the recolors it's probably easier to find the mesh.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 16th Jan 2022 at 12:35 AM Last edited by Missdabone : 16th Jan 2022 at 1:51 AM. Reason: lo encontrĂ© (y yo solita )
uff, if it's not short hair, no idea, peggy has many, let's see if someone else can help me...
hey, i removed all my downloads, and i put peggy's hair from cavesims from 2005 to 2008, and it looks like this, but it's not straight hair, it's different, and i already know which one it is in case it helps someone, they're in the folder Free - ID #002479 , 2005 part 2, I prefer straight hair, where can I find that straight hair or something similar? , this one doesn't look very good, it used two hairs, but in the installation folder it has this: "PeggyFreeHairFemale0007_shorthairforgirl-black-050909 " , so the straight one didn't include it or say where to get it.
At least I got it alone and without SimPE hahahaha
Screenshots