Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

550 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 447 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 23
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#51 Old 10th Jan 2017 at 7:23 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 10th Jan 2017 at 7:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by izkusitelna
Hello again. Still can not solve the problem Do you want package file with the coat?
Thank you in advance!

Yes, please.

Edit: This looks to me like an arm offset problem. Possibly it's picking up correct arm offsets with some pants but not others. If you look in CAS Tools: Clone Package Editor / General Mesh Manager - you'll see a button saying "Fix Slotray Intersection (arm positioning). Try clicking that button and see if it helps. If it doesn't, please upload the package.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 10:02 PM
Thank you for sharing your hard work..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#53 Old 11th Jan 2017 at 10:02 PM
Thank you for sharing your hard work..
Test Subject
#54 Old 12th Jan 2017 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Yes, please.

Edit: This looks to me like an arm offset problem. Possibly it's picking up correct arm offsets with some pants but not others. If you look in CAS Tools: Clone Package Editor / General Mesh Manager - you'll see a button saying "Fix Slotray Intersection (arm positioning). Try clicking that button and see if it helps. If it doesn't, please upload the package.

Thank you so much! I click that button Fix S I, but this does not fix the coat
I upload the package file:
Please test with more EA pants. Thank you in advance!
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Preslava Coat.rar (2.94 MB, 10 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#55 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 1:05 AM
izkusitelna: Got the coat package, so far I've tried a couple of things with no luck. I'll keep trying.

Everyone: We have yet ANOTHER change to the CASP so I'll be uploading a new version hopefully tomorrow.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 4:12 PM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
#57 Old 13th Jan 2017 at 9:10 PM
hi !
does it will be possible to convert ts3 toddlers stuff to ts4 ?
i'm worried because when I open a toddler clothe with s4pe, there is no GEOM

thank you
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#58 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 12:54 AM
Yes - I've been updating both CAS Tools and s4pe to be toddler-compatible. Just a little more testing, and I'll upload them tomorrow.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#59 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 5:55 PM
Version 2.4 is uploaded, with support for the 1/12/17 patch and full support for toddlers. Not everything is tested so please let me know of any errors.

izkusitelna: All I can tell you at this time is that it's something in that mesh. I've tried converting and re-autoconverting it with no luck. A converted EA jacket autoconverts with no problems. Everything in your mesh looks okay but there has to be something. I'll keep trying.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:18 PM
Thank you. Maybe the problem is in "Mesh Region Manager" (I added all Regions manually)?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#61 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 6:29 PM
Thank you for update
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#62 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 7:42 PM
Thank you. Maybe the problem is in "Mesh Region Manager" (I added all Regions manually)?

I tried importing the mesh into another package with a standard region map, and tried combining the two meshes into one and importing that into a new package with its own region map. Still had the problem. This is one of the strangest things I've ever seen!

Test Subject
#63 Old 14th Jan 2017 at 8:39 PM Last edited by himitsu : 14th Jan 2017 at 9:21 PM.
Hi, thanks for the update! But Avast won't let me use this version (says it may be 'dangerous') for some reason and keeps blocking me from running it as Admin. Whenever I keep trying after Avast claims its suspicious, it says windows can't access its location and I don't have permission.

Funny thing is, I let Avast scan for viruses, and it finds nothing (of course), but it won't allow the exe to run, which I've never had issues with when using CAS Tools.

Update: I've gotten Avast to allow it to 'run anyway', but I figured you should know that somehow v2.4 sets it off.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#64 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 1:35 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I'm more inclined to think an update to Avast caused this since I made only changes that shouldn't affect whether it looks like a virus. (And you scanned it with nothing found.)

Lab Assistant
#65 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 4:38 AM
Once again thank you very much now I succeed create ninja costume for toddler
Screenshots
Test Subject
#66 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
Thanks for letting me know. I'm more inclined to think an update to Avast caused this since I made only changes that shouldn't affect whether it looks like a virus. (And you scanned it with nothing found.)

I'm thinking I may have just been the first person to download v2.4 with Avast running. After a few hours, Avast popped up with an 'all clear', so all is good with it, it seems. (I just hadn't encountered it doing that before, and it was still fine with previous versions of CAS Tools, so wasn't sure what was going on.)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 11:38 AM
Thank you so much for the quick update, can't live without CAS Tools <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#68 Old 15th Jan 2017 at 2:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by himitsu
I'm thinking I may have just been the first person to download v2.4 with Avast running. After a few hours, Avast popped up with an 'all clear', so all is good with it, it seems. (I just hadn't encountered it doing that before, and it was still fine with previous versions of CAS Tools, so wasn't sure what was going on.)

Could be - I've seen AVs warn on any executable not in their list of known programs, affecting anything with a very small user base or that's just come out. Maybe Avast is just taking it a step further and blocking anything unknown.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#69 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 3:13 PM

I've tried several more things with no luck. The hand by itself works fine, but something in that jacket mesh seems to be disabling the slotray intersection data on that side which normally positions the hand and arm correctly. I can't imagine what it is since I've even converted to obj and back which strips out everything except the position, normals, and uv. Unfortunately I'll be unable to work on this (or other sims stuff) for the next two weeks, but I'll get back to it.

Would you be willing for me to post this over at the EA forums and see if they can find out what's wrong?

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 16th Jan 2017 at 11:08 PM
Thank you so much for your help. Of course you can to post this over at the EA Forum. Thank you in advance!
Test Subject
#71 Old 17th Jan 2017 at 11:13 PM
Is this tool mac compatible?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#72 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by youngestmm
Is this tool mac compatible?

No. It may work with an emulator.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Jan 2017 at 3:02 PM
Thank you so much for your help. Of course you can to post this over at the EA Forum. Thank you in advance!

Hi again - I posted at the EA forums: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...as-mesh-problem

If you have an EA account you can follow the thread and see if we get any information. You have to be logged on to see the "The Sims 4 Modding & Custom Content / Mods & CC Technical Discussions" forum that I posted in.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 23rd Jan 2017 at 10:36 PM
Thank you so much! I'll follow the thread.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 24th Jan 2017 at 8:55 PM
Hello. I fixed the coat with the help from _orangemittens_ in EA forum. Thank you so much for all your help <3
Page 3 of 23