Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

S4 CAS Tools - updated to V3.8.2.0 on 3/18/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 28th Aug 2016 at 8:53 PM - Updated 18th Mar 2023 at 9:22 PM by CmarNYC : New version upload

553 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 450 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 23
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#201 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CodexCalaeth
Hello!
First of all, thank you very much for your work! I have a suggestion, though. It may be already there, but I haven't found it, so I apologize if that's the case. Anyway, would it be possible to have a kind of auto-sort function? I don't know how difficult it could be to implement it, but I think it would save a lot of time when, for example, someone is fixing the sort order of some CC (specially eye colours and skin tones), where there may be a lot of swatches/recolours and they interfere with other package/s. It would be awesome if it could take an initial number and an interval, and automatically change all the sort order values. It would be meant to, mostly, move all the swatches but keep their order. It could take, also, just a number to add to the sort order value of all the recolours.
Thank you for reading!

First time I've seen this mentioned, but it's not a bad idea!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#202 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC

Thanks for reading it! I thought it would already been suggested. xD I'm not a creator myself, but I like to have the stuff I download organized (I usually end up with a mess with the eye colours and skin tones, precisely) and I always thought that having a tool to just move all the swatches a certain number automatically (or "re-sort" them, useful in the cases where the sort order has an interval, like 100 - 105 - 110..., and convert it to 100 - 101 - 102...) would really be useful.
Anyway, hope you consider it worthy of your time, and thanks again for replying.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#203 Old 20th Jun 2019 at 2:58 PM
Thank you so much for taking the time to do this. As a fellow programmer, I can appreciate the work you put into it.
Test Subject
#204 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 2:42 PM

in the next update, you could add in the mesh part the Export and import into the blender file.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#205 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thiagomichel
in the next update, you could add in the mesh part the Export and import into the blender file.

I've looked at that. The Blender format is complex, but it's certainly doable. I don't know about the next version since it'll take time to figure out, but it's definitely something I have in mind.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#206 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 7:09 PM
I've looked at that. The Blender format is complex, but it's certainly doable. I don't know about the next version since it'll take time to figure out, but it's definitely something I have in mind.

I wait for this for months, you're wonderful. I believe you will get it! I'm already twisted.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#207 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 8:45 AM
Hello, can someone please explain how you install this? I tried but it says there are files missing. I also downloaded Milkshape 3d but it still doesn't work. Please help!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#208 Old 27th Jun 2019 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Allyanimefan
Hello, can someone please explain how you install this? I tried but it says there are files missing. I also downloaded Milkshape 3d but it still doesn't work. Please help!

You don't install it, you extract the files and run the .exe. Sorry, can't help you with Milkshape without detailed info of what you did and what went wrong.

Mad Poster
#209 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 3:37 PM
Hey Cmar, will this be updated for island living? It's missing categories when you open a mermaid tail. It's not a huge deal at all; but I am curious if the plan is there.
Regardless of future updates, thank you so much for making this. It is truly a helpful program for modding the sims.

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#210 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NintendoLover13
Hey Cmar, will this be updated for island living? It's missing categories when you open a mermaid tail. It's not a huge deal at all; but I am curious if the plan is there.
Regardless of future updates, thank you so much for making this. It is truly a helpful program for modding the sims.

Yes - part of it is just updating the tag category data which is easy, but I'm also working on support for auto converting tails plus some other upgrades. I'm finishing the update of Skininator and will then get back to CAS Tools.

Mad Poster
#211 Old 30th Jun 2019 at 5:37 PM
Yes - part of it is just updating the tag category data which is easy, but I'm also working on support for auto converting tails plus some other upgrades. I'm finishing the update of Skininator and will then get back to CAS Tools.

Awesome! Thank you! I made a new tail and I was wondering why it didn't pick up the bones properly, so I used a "fresh" in game tail and added the new elements to it.

Good to know I didn't mess up somewhere! I look forward to the new updates!

Thank you again

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#212 Old 1st Jul 2019 at 7:48 PM Last edited by landoman55 : 3rd Jul 2019 at 4:22 AM.
I use this a lot --- it needs updated to island living Your stuff is FANTASTIC THX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#213 Old 7th Jul 2019 at 5:34 PM
I had a general question i was wondering if someone could help me out with involving custom skintones. I use Xmira's non-default Melanin packs and I wanted to know if there was a way to order the skins so they're on the darker end of the spectrum and the infants would sort of make sense/match (lol) the parents? I haven't quite found a guide explaining how to edit custom skintones to order them or ensure babies get a skintone somewhere in between. Thank you! c:
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#214 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 7:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by runzu
I had a general question i was wondering if someone could help me out with involving custom skintones. I use Xmira's non-default Melanin packs and I wanted to know if there was a way to order the skins so they're on the darker end of the spectrum and the infants would sort of make sense/match (lol) the parents? I haven't quite found a guide explaining how to edit custom skintones to order them or ensure babies get a skintone somewhere in between. Thank you! c:

I sort of vaguely remember it has something to do with the swatch matching the color of an EA swatch, but I'm not sure.

Test Subject
#215 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 5:13 PM
I sort of vaguely remember it has something to do with the swatch matching the color of an EA swatch, but I'm not sure.

Do you know of anything that could possibly help me? I know you're pretty busy with many, many things.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#216 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 6:16 PM
Do you know of anything that could possibly help me? I know you're pretty busy with many, many things.

Sorry, I researched this recently myself and couldn't find anything. You can try experimenting by setting a few skintone swatches to be the same color as EA swatches and see if they're inherited.

This really shouldn't be here on the CAS Tools thread which has nothing to do with skintones. If you have more questions please ask in the Skininator thread.

Test Subject
#217 Old 8th Jul 2019 at 8:10 PM
Sorry, I researched this recently myself and couldn't find anything. You can try experimenting by setting a few skintone swatches to be the same color as EA swatches and see if they're inherited.

This really shouldn't be here on the CAS Tools thread which has nothing to do with skintones. If you have more questions please ask in the Skininator thread.

Thank you and sorry!
Top Secret Researcher
#218 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 12:12 AM
Hi ummm I am having an issue with this package file, it won't let me open it...this is what it says.

I uploaded it here just in case you'd like to take a look at it.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#219 Old 12th Jul 2019 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
Hi ummm I am having an issue with this package file, it won't let me open it...this is what it says.

I uploaded it here just in case you'd like to take a look at it.

Neither s4pe or S4S can open it either. The error listing indicates something's wrong with the package index, a pretty serious problem. In fact, it looks like the file has been truncated somehow since the position encoded for the index is past the end of the file. Long story short, looks like the package is corrupted.

Test Subject
#220 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 4:01 AM

Get CmarNYC's Skininator tool, clone all basegame skintones and save a package as a reference.
Open it, look at the "Sort Order" numbers of the tones similar to the custom ones and make a note of them.
Open your custom skin package in skininator, edit the sort number to have a similar value, like you want it after a skin that is Sort Order 99 then use 99.1. Don't forget to commit and save changes.
I don't think having multiple tones on the same number works and not sure how genetics do with the #.1 stuff but the order in CAS will be nicely organized.

Edit: also just joined to try and help lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#221 Old 13th Jul 2019 at 6:45 PM
Thanks you for making this tool.
Test Subject
#222 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 1:45 PM
Hi CmarNYC, firstly thanks for making this little program. I'm not a creator and I only use it to transport custom eye colours from the facepaint to the eyecolour category in CAS. And I ran into a small question: if I want the eyes to be used for randomly generated sims, is it enough to check the 'allow for CAS random' or do I also need to check the 'allow for Live random'?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#223 Old 14th Jul 2019 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlindaK
Hi CmarNYC, firstly thanks for making this little program. I'm not a creator and I only use it to transport custom eye colours from the facepaint to the eyecolour category in CAS. And I ran into a small question: if I want the eyes to be used for randomly generated sims, is it enough to check the 'allow for CAS random' or do I also need to check the 'allow for Live random'?

As I recall, 'CAS Random' means it can be randomly picked when creating a sim in CAS. 'Live Random' means it can be randomly picked for townies and NPCs. So it depends on what you want.

Test Subject
#224 Old 15th Jul 2019 at 1:42 PM
As I recall, 'CAS Random' means it can be randomly picked when creating a sim in CAS. 'Live Random' means it can be randomly picked for townies and NPCs. So it depends on what you want.

thanks for getting back so quickly. Now I know what to do to get the eyes on my townies and NPC's.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#225 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 4:10 PM
Version 3 uploaded. I was hoping to get Collada support working for it but it's going to take more time.

Page 9 of 23