Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 SimRipper Classic: rip sims from savegames. V3.14.2.0, updated 4/19/2023

by CmarNYC Posted 4th Dec 2019 at 6:36 PM - Updated 4th Mar 2024 at 4:43 PM by Lyralei : adding updated link.

1997 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1885 Feedback Posts, 111 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 42 of 80
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1026 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 3:43 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 15th Jul 2021 at 6:26 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by frostious
This is a very long thread so I apologize if someone's asked about this already, but I have a male-framed Sim who wears a top for female sims in one of his outfits, which the game morphs to fit the male frame. Unfortunately when trying to rip the sim wearing that outfit, the top stays in the female body shape, like so:

So I was wondering if there was any way to rip the "male" morph of a female top with the SimRipper? Again, I'm sorry if this has been asked and answered already.

SimRipper supports gender morphing for sims in the opposite frame. Is your sim a male in male frame or a female in male frame?

Please upload your save and the sim troubleshooting info, or at least your save and that top if it's CC.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
#1027 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
SimRipper supports gender morphing for sims in the opposite frame. Is your sim a male in male frame or a female in male frame?

Please upload your save and the sim troubleshooting info, or at least that top if it's CC.

My sim is male in male frame, and the top he has on is from the Jungle Adventure pack.
My save is here: Save
The sim's troubleshooting info is here: Troubleshooting info
Test Subject
#1028 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 11:27 PM
question
Is there a way for me to have TS4 Ripper work without it being in a zip file?
Test Subject
#1029 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:43 AM
Default Texture issues
The mesh itself for the clothes is present, but for some reason there are no textures. Body textures are superimposed instead of clothing textures. What could be the problem?
What I mean, I showed in the screenshots below.

Sorry for my English
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1030 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:16 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 16th Jul 2021 at 3:56 PM.
My sim is male in male frame, and the top he has on is from the Jungle Adventure pack.
My save is here: Save
The sim's troubleshooting info is here: Troubleshooting info

Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have that pack so I don't have access to that top and can't test. The problem does not occur when I put a basegame feminine top on a male/male frame. Does it happen with all feminine tops or just this one? Can you provide a save game that has this problem with the sim using a basegame top?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1031 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by szsimss
Is there a way for me to have TS4 Ripper work without it being in a zip file?

I haven't made an installable version, if that's what you mean. What's the problem with running it from the zip?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1032 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MAXIMKA
The mesh itself for the clothes is present, but for some reason there are no textures. Body textures are superimposed instead of clothing textures. What could be the problem?
What I mean, I showed in the screenshots below.

Sorry for my English

Please upload your save game and the sim troubleshooting info.

Test Subject
#1033 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 5:50 PM
Thanks! Unfortunately I don't have that pack so I don't have access to that top and can't test. The problem does not occur when I put a basegame feminine top on a male/male frame. Does it happen with all feminine tops or just this one? Can you provide a save game that has this problem with the sim using a basegame top?

I tested some tops - both basegame and from other packs - and out of the ones I tested only the one from Jungle Adventure seems to have this problem, all other female tops morphed fine! I even tested the Jungle Adventure top on a freshly-made sim (male with a male frame) and the top had a similar problem: while the bottom of the top did connect correctly to the sim's bottom half, it still otherwise kept the female body shape like so:

Here's the save file (with both the new test sim called Test Test, as well as the previous sim)
Just in case you need them, here's the troubleshooting files for the test sim and here's the troubleshooting files for the previous sim (his Swimwear 4 outfit is the one with the correctly working basegame top)

Thank you so much for looking into this, and I'm sorry for the trouble!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1034 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 6:29 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 16th Jul 2021 at 11:14 PM.
I tested some tops - both basegame and from other packs - and out of the ones I tested only the one from Jungle Adventure seems to have this problem, all other female tops morphed fine! I even tested the Jungle Adventure top on a freshly-made sim (male with a male frame) and the top had a similar problem: while the bottom of the top did connect correctly to the sim's bottom half, it still otherwise kept the female body shape like so:

Here's the save file (with both the new test sim called Test Test, as well as the previous sim)
Just in case you need them, here's the troubleshooting files for the test sim and here's the troubleshooting files for the previous sim (his Swimwear 4 outfit is the one with the correctly working basegame top)

Thank you so much for looking into this, and I'm sorry for the trouble!

No problem! I'd love to figure out what the problem is with that particular top, but as I said I don't have Jungle Adventures so I don't have access to the top for analysis and testing. If you can clone the top with Sims 4 Studio using the option to embed all resources and upload it, I can use that. Otherwise there's nothing I can do except advise you to use other tops.

Edit: I think I'll add an option to embed EA resources in the troubleshooting info, so in the next version you should be able to give me the top in question that way.

Test Subject
#1035 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 7:20 PM
I haven't made an installable version, if that's what you mean. What's the problem with running it from the zip?

Oh, there isn't a problem with it I was just wondering if there was a way to be able to work the program without it being in a folder, but thanks for replying.
Test Subject
#1036 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 3:42 PM
Hello. Your program is just great, but I recently had one serious problem. This program puts a heavy load on my pc. Initially, I downloaded it and used it on Windows 7. There was a heavy load, but this did not really prevent me from exporting characters in the DAE format. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Now I have been waiting for a long time for the program to start, for a long time waiting for the character I need from the list to load. But when I try to export a character to any format the program freezes and my pc freezes. And I can't do anything about it, I waited about 2 hours for the program to export the character, but nothing happened. Because of this, I have to turn off my PC from the button on the system unit. Tell me, is this problem solvable?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1037 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vlalchinanya
Hello. Your program is just great, but I recently had one serious problem. This program puts a heavy load on my pc. Initially, I downloaded it and used it on Windows 7. There was a heavy load, but this did not really prevent me from exporting characters in the DAE format. I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Now I have been waiting for a long time for the program to start, for a long time waiting for the character I need from the list to load. But when I try to export a character to any format the program freezes and my pc freezes. And I can't do anything about it, I waited about 2 hours for the program to export the character, but nothing happened. Because of this, I have to turn off my PC from the button on the system unit. Tell me, is this problem solvable?

At least in theory any computer that can run TS4 should be able to run SimRipper. About all I can advise is for you to shut down other programs running on the PC. Also if the program is hung you should be able to use Task Manager to close it instead of doing a hard shutdown.

Test Subject
#1038 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 5:26 PM
hello, my sims have a bug texture ( even sims with no cc )
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1039 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvlous
hello, my sims have a bug texture ( even sims with no cc )

Please upload your savegame and the sim troubleshooting info.

Test Subject
#1040 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 2:33 PM
is your mod in conflict with wickedwhims ?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  Slot_00000003.rar (3.54 MB, 5 downloads)
Test Subject
#1041 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 2:55 PM
the name of my sims is juliette joly i think ( i change it since the screenshot )
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1042 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 2:56 PM
is your mod in conflict with wickedwhims ?

Not as far as I know, I've tested with it briefly.

I need the sim troubleshooting info since the problem is probably CC.

Test Subject
#1043 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 5:45 PM
yes sorry. i also send you dina's caliente troubleshoot because i have the same problem but she don't have cc.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  DinaCaliente_TroubleShoot.zip (70.91 MB, 1 downloads)
File Type: zip  JulietteJoly_TroubleShoot.zip (107.44 MB, 1 downloads)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1044 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:56 PM
yes sorry. i also send you dina's caliente troubleshoot because i have the same problem but she don't have cc.

Thanks! It turns out this is caused by my failing to account for old save games with no colorshift information, resulting in all textures being transparent. I didn't need the troubleshooting info after all, sorry about that.

I've got it working and will upload a new version after a little testing, probably tomorrow. In the meanwhile you can re-save an old game to update it if you need a rip.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#1045 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 12:56 PM
ty sm! you are very involved in your mod, i respect that
Test Subject
#1046 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:32 PM
Default whole skin texture
help...dont know whats going on

sorry i dont know how to post pics but the sims clothes are the same color as the skin and the hair is transparent
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/34644/Videos/Captures/TS4%20SimRipper%20v3.8.0.0%2022_07_2021%2017_29_34.png[/IMG]
Mad Poster
#1047 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 5:20 PM
That sounds like it's the same issue as the one reported directly above you. The advice is to re-save the game file you are trying to pull the Sim from and rip them from that newer save.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1048 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 7:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leielle
help...dont know whats going on

sorry i dont know how to post pics but the sims clothes are the same color as the skin and the hair is transparent
[IMG]file:///C:/Users/34644/Videos/Captures/TS4%20SimRipper%20v3.8.0.0%2022_07_2021%2017_29_34.png[/IMG]

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
That sounds like it's the same issue as the one reported directly above you. The advice is to re-save the game file you are trying to pull the Sim from and rip them from that newer save.

@MAXIMKA

Thanks, Menaceman. Exactly right, sounds like the same issue.

Version 3.8.1 is uploaded with a fix for the skin texture showing through.

Test Subject
#1049 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 2:50 AM
Hi I have a problem and I don't know if someone can help me fix this the problem is that my sims doesn't have texture .
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1050 Old 23rd Jul 2021 at 11:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Star_vs
Hi I have a problem and I don't know if someone can help me fix this the problem is that my sims doesn't have texture .

If it's the same problem as in the comments above, get the latest version of SimRipper.

Page 42 of 80