Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 13 of 20
Field Researcher
#301 Old 8th Feb 2006 at 7:53 PM
Wow, that is stunning!! Numenor, really, a great job!!! Thank you for all the work and time you spent on this!

besen

A day without a smile is a lost day
**besens-sims2**
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 9th Feb 2006 at 10:41 AM
Wow that is just sooo very cool.. Great job! *gives Numenor shoulder massage for hard work*
..Thankyou!..

Treat me like an angel and I'll be your lil' devil
#303 Old 12th Feb 2006 at 8:43 PM
cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooolll
Test Subject
#304 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 1:07 AM
I wish I had Nightlife I would deffinitly download
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#305 Old 13th Feb 2006 at 1:37 AM
samantha_1223, you don't need nl for this.

Please don't PM me with questions. Post them in the appropriate thread.
Test Subject
#306 Old 14th Feb 2006 at 11:28 PM Last edited by samantha_1223 : 15th Feb 2006 at 1:17 AM.
its not in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#307 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 1:29 AM
Samantha, confess... You are searching for the Hibernator in the Buy Mode catalog, aren't you?
The Hibernator is an Aspiration Reward, like the love tub, the thinking cap and such...

PS: I was only joking; if you can't find it in the Aspiration Rewards, tell me and we'll try and solve the problem.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#308 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 1:32 AM
I know its in the asperation rewards when I lokk its not there!I followed the steps...put it in the downloads...is there somthing else?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#309 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 1:52 AM
OK, then. Let's start from the basics: double check that you have a file called "Numenor_Hibernator_main.package" in the Downloads folder, and that you can actually see other custom content in the game.

Then, double check in the Aspiration catalog (not the Career reward: I say this because come users made this mistake): the hibernator should be located exactly next to the Thinking Cap.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#310 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 2:17 AM
It doesnt work, no matter what I do, it DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!I AM NOW MAD AT MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#311 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 7:33 AM
does it work like a coffin? so i can use it on a vampire i rather she not die in hibernation lol
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#312 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 4:40 PM
Vampires will get out and cringe when the sun comes up, but other than that, they're fine.

Instructor
#313 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 5:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Vampires will get out and cringe when the sun comes up, but other than that, they're fine.

can it be fixed so they dont get out?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#314 Old 15th Feb 2006 at 5:56 PM
Nope. It would require a global hack, because the code that makes the vampire wake up at 7:00 is not included in the hibernator.

Test Subject
#315 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 2:58 AM
It Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#316 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 5:44 PM
Rolf! It's like a cryogenic chamber! Awesome! Thanks as always!
Field Researcher
#317 Old 18th Feb 2006 at 2:45 PM
oh wow
this is an exellent object
so scientific i will be using this today

xxxxxx your the greatest i love your work xxxxxxx

OF ALL THE THINGS I'VE LOST
I MISS MY MIND THE MOST
Test Subject
#318 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 10:57 PM
Default It wont work for me..
well i downloaded it and stuff but it wont show up in the aspirin rewards place....i have custum content on but it still wont work and the caol stove u made wont work 2.....so idk what to do...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#319 Old 20th Feb 2006 at 11:53 PM
If you can see other custom content in your game and *not* the hibernator and the stove, I don't know what to say...

As for the stove, no one has reported to not being able to see it in game (it has other problems but it shows up in the catalog, at least ).

With regards to the hibernator, the users that complained about not being able to find it, were just looking in the wrong place: in the normal buy mode catalog or in the career rewards; while the right place is the aspiration reward, next to the green thinking cap.

Test Subject
#320 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JoeyDes
well i downloaded it and stuff but it wont show up in the aspirin rewards place....i have custum content on but it still wont work and the caol stove u made wont work 2.....so idk what to do...

Did you perhaps unpack and place the .package file(s) into the appropo' directory?

\\ - =God is coming, and she's bringing donuts!= -
\ \ __ __ ^.^._______
\\______/_________|_)
/ / ` \ \
\_\__ \ \

PS -- I dislike pointless posts!!
Lab Assistant
#321 Old 21st Feb 2006 at 7:41 PM
Excellent Object! Thank you so much.
After some testing I did find a glitch, I put the hibernator in one of my sim's inventory and moved the family to another lot. then the hibernator became glitched, error dialog box popped up everytime i tried using it. I ended up had to get a new one.
It's not a big deal tho, not like im moving everyday or something
But may be you can look into it if you are bored heh
Test Subject
#322 Old 22nd Feb 2006 at 9:28 PM
I downloaded this hack and now it wont appear in my game.. Do you know y?

I'm Hamilla
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#323 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 12:03 AM
Are you looking under the aspiration rewards menu? Next to the Thinking Cap?

Test Subject
#324 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 6:16 AM
Great job Numenor! Another creative work! Thank you.

For Mac users...

Okay, there is a (sorta) easier way to open .rar files for OS X users. I have Tiger. When you get to the page with the funny symbols, (if in Safari), go to File>Save. Save it to the desktop as whatever file name comes up. Then open the Finder and find the file. Take out the .txt extention at the end so it is just .rar. A prompt will come up asking if you want to use .rar or .txt. Choose .rar and it should open in StuffIt.

Unfortunately, there's sorta a glitch with the Hibernation cell (at least on my Mac). Whenever the door closes when a Sim is inside, the door closes at the end of the cell and vertically, not over the Sim as it is supposed to. I don't know if this is a Mac thing or just my game.
Object(ive) Investigator
retired moderator
#325 Old 23rd Feb 2006 at 6:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cheersfan1993
For Mac users...

Okay, there is a (sorta) easier way to open .rar files for OS X users. I have Tiger. When you get to the page with the funny symbols, (if in Safari), go to File>Save. Save it to the desktop as whatever file name comes up. Then open the Finder and find the file. Take out the .txt extention at the end so it is just .rar. A prompt will come up asking if you want to use .rar or .txt. Choose .rar and it should open in StuffIt.
Or use Save As.

Page 13 of 20