Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

The Numenorean Hibernation Cell (Aspiration reward OR Buyable) - *UPD 08 NOV 2006*

by Numenor Posted 31st Oct 2005 at 12:03 AM - Updated 17th Nov 2008 at 12:14 PM by -Maylin-

475 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 458 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 17 of 20
Test Subject
#401 Old 16th Apr 2007 at 1:07 AM
Hmm... Looks like I got to the party a little late, but I got here! This is jaw-droppingly, dance-around-the-room cool. I wasn't sure I needed this until a side comment about building walls around it - and now I have visions of bricked-up sims floating through my mind... ah, the possibilities! Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#402 Old 16th Jun 2007 at 4:18 AM
Could you make a .zip version? I can't extract .Rars.
Lab Assistant
#403 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 8:37 AM
wow... Numenor, you are GOD!
Test Subject
#404 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 4:06 AM
Is it possible to make a global hack that prevents hibernating sims from showing up on other lots as NPCs if you're playing a different family?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#405 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 9:34 AM
I tried, but I failed. However, I never found this inconsistency very annoying...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#406 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
I tried, but I failed. However, I never found this inconsistency very annoying...
Granted that I've never tried making anything for Sims2, but, from a coding standpoint, it just seems that you'd need to add a property/flag to a sim entering hibernation (and remove it when they wake up, of course) then add a check to the process that visiting sims are generated, causing it to skip the rest of the iteration that would normally cause that sim to appear should said sim have the flag and possibly restarting that segment of code to generate a different sim.

Again though, I know literally nothing about Sims2 beyond standard gameplay, since I've never taken the time to look into it. So, I don't know how you would do this or if it's even possible with the tools available. I'm just trying to throw out a possible idea of how to accomplish it.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#407 Old 12th Aug 2007 at 11:09 PM
You basically have answered to yourself (by the way, you should start modding! you definitely have the right approach to coding )

The real problem is instructing "the process that visiting sims are generated" to check that flag; it's a complex routine that I really would not touch, unless absolutely needed.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#408 Old 15th Aug 2007 at 6:50 AM
Having the right approach comes from having experience with coding and modding on other projects. I've thought about doing some mods for Sims2, but the problem is that I just don't have the spare time right now, what with trying to keep my job, get my degree finished, and still have enough time left over to do, well... anything.
Test Subject
#409 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 4:15 AM
ok numenor...lol ive been trying 2 get this in my game 4 bout a year now...i still dont no wat 2 do!!! lol i had the same problem bout a year ago and asked ya bout it and i asked u and u tried 2 help me but im not so good @ pcs so if u have any other suggestions...plz help!!!

Thanks for looking,
Mitzy
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#410 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:09 PM
Ctwmn20065 - All the help you need with downloaded content can be found here

Test Subject
#411 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 1:50 AM
Omfg, this is so awesome
Test Subject
#412 Old 21st Oct 2007 at 5:29 PM
I had a hibernating sim, and I canceled hibernation before the time was up, but the sim didn't get out, not even when the one day was up.
However, I did save earlier with him hibernating. Is that the problem?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#413 Old 22nd Oct 2007 at 11:32 PM
I cancelled the hibernation before completion many times, and I never had problems; but perhaps something was going on at the same time, in your game, that might have interfered...

Lab Assistant
#414 Old 6th Nov 2007 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jaxad0127
Looks good. About pregnancies, if your hibernator works the same as aging off then the pregnancies will still advance while in hibernation.

That's going to be an interesting birth. LMAO!
Test Subject
#415 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 8:14 AM
thanks. will my teen and children sims be picked up by social workers because they don't go to school?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#416 Old 5th Dec 2007 at 9:19 AM
I actually don't know - If you try yourself and report here the results, it would be nice

Lab Assistant
#417 Old 11th Jan 2008 at 7:24 PM
Default Nice
Wow! I can't wait to try it out!
Thanks a lot!
Test Subject
#418 Old 2nd Mar 2008 at 10:35 AM
numenor is the best!!!numenor is the best!!!numenor is the best!!!numenor is the best!!!..............Thank you!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#419 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 3:39 AM
Ohhhhhhh........I'm a little late.So many persons pushed the "Thanks" Bottom...

But of course they did it...It's fantastic!
Thank you sooooooo much!
You are a god!I'm dowloading rigth now! If anything goes wrong,I'll tell you.
Thanks.(Again)

...Chii?...
Lab Assistant
#420 Old 4th Jun 2008 at 8:46 AM
Just ... words fail me Thanks
Field Researcher
#421 Old 17th Jun 2008 at 10:51 PM
Hey, do you think you could make it so that they could spend five sim years or even more? I am thinking of freezing Jason Greenman or whatever I am playing so he may see his ancestors. Plant related or not.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#422 Old 18th Jun 2008 at 5:50 PM
I'm not going to edit this old object; but anyway, if the sim wakes up, he will start aging again at 6PM; therefore, if you send him back to hibernate before 6PM, you can keep him hibernated forever.

Lab Assistant
#423 Old 7th Jul 2008 at 4:25 AM
Did you know you're made of win?

Everyone has a weakness, everyone dies, and everyone passes out after getting hit with a steel bat.
C.Rod
Test Subject
#424 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 5:11 PM
Default Love It
Awesome!!! I rather call it "Fast Forward to the Future" but that name's okay 2. I love 2 Download Mods!!! Cool
Test Subject
#425 Old 22nd Dec 2008 at 8:55 PM
This is great! The only downside is that when you put a child or teen in, the school bus still comes and if they don't go to school, their grades drop. Oh well! I'll live with it. Beautiful work as usual!
Page 17 of 20