Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Book of Talent *UPDATED 02/09/2009*

by treeag Posted 17th Jul 2008 at 3:35 PM - Updated 24th Mar 2009 at 2:42 PM by treeag

292 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 54 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 12
Test Subject
#101 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 4:39 PM
I downloaded this but my sims wont respond to it, the prompt just seems to disappear. Am I doing something wrong
#102 Old 22nd Sep 2008 at 7:52 PM
Probably not. The creator has said that there are no animations; the relavent skill just gets increased without anything visible happening on-screen. Keep your Job/Skills panel open next time you try it, and see if they increase.
Test Subject
#103 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 5:23 AM
hello, if you pardon my English is not very good, I do not often speak the language often, well my problem is: the book-release-save it in the appropriate folder, unzip it ... But when opening the Sims 2, "activate personalized content" does not leave the download, leaving all the others except the download of the book! please help!
Theorist
Original Poster
#104 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 6:38 AM
Sorry I don't really get what you're saying. You mean the book doesn't appear in your game, or in the CC dialog?
Test Subject
#105 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 4:28 AM
that the book does not appear in the game
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 26th Sep 2008 at 7:25 PM
It´s fantastic!
Super Thanks, thanks!
Test Subject
#107 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 1:38 PM
Absolutely love this book and I’m so very glad you changed it so that my neat sims and the maid will nog longer “dispose” of my object! Thank you so much
Test Subject
#108 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 7:05 PM
thanks for this, i didn't read it right but now i get it,thanks again
Test Subject
#109 Old 30th Sep 2008 at 11:13 PM
Thanks.

There is a problem. The book works fine, but when I select to get the magic skills nothing happens. Does the book turn the sims into a warlokk/witch or it only increases the magic skill points?
Theorist
Original Poster
#110 Old 1st Oct 2008 at 1:08 AM
Only the magic points, of course. Hence the name "magic skill". If you want to turn the sims into a witch you can use this

Also, sometimes you have to study in the podium for the magic skill point changes to register. Just study for a second until the skill bar and spell lists update itself.
Theorist
Original Poster
#111 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 10:22 AM
Updated today All options should now satisfy related wants, including the main skills and talent badges. Let me know if you have a problem.
Lab Assistant
#112 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 11:25 PM
ugh. I love you and hate you for this. It'll make it actually possible for a sim to learn the parenting skill while they still have young children, but I know I'll want to use it all the time....
ooo, not to mention the possiblities for college.... I hate/love you!
Field Researcher
#113 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 1:02 AM
Question, the magic skills, does it unlock all of the spells or just raises the magic skill bar?
Theorist
Original Poster
#114 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 3:20 AM
The spells too, of course What's the point of raising the skill bar without the spells? Pretty graphics? And actually if you bother to read 3 posts above you, you'll read this:

Quote: Originally posted by treeag
Also, sometimes you have to study in the podium for the magic skill point changes to register. Just study for a second until the skill bar and spell lists update itself.
Test Subject
#115 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 8:24 PM
I tried to download the updated version but for some reason the folder is empty ..can some one help me figure out why I am not getting the file ..
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 9th Oct 2008 at 10:42 AM
Hey it doesnt show up in the game

Everything that has a beginning has an end

You have been bitch-slapped
Test Subject
#117 Old 11th Oct 2008 at 12:42 PM
wow...book of talent update version!!!
i like that...thanx tree

*shy mode on
lol
Test Subject
#118 Old 13th Oct 2008 at 3:36 AM
Awesome job! Thank you bunches and bunches! Now if only I could get my butler to stop putting it away... LOL
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 1:20 AM
Test Subject
#120 Old 21st Oct 2008 at 11:50 PM
This is about the smartest object I have ever run across. That you so much treeag!
Test Subject
#121 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 12:39 PM
I downloaded your book the first time, before the updated version and everything works great. When the maid or butler swipes it off the end table, my thoughts are, "No, you retard...." Anyway, to cure that problem I used "moveObjects on" cheat and placed it on a shelf. It works great up where they can't get to it (ha ha) and with Sims NOT having to touch or study the book, it works perfect for that. I'll update my version another time cause I loved your first one. Thanks again for saving us long, boring time skilling Sims and my game has approx 200 Sims in Belladonna alone.
Wiki Wizard
#122 Old 28th Oct 2008 at 7:33 PM
Sweet work, i love your stuff!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#123 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 1:33 AM
Knowledge is Free.
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 2:29 AM
Thank you! I've been looking for something that allowed my Sims to learn anything and everything in one nifty item and this is it. Thank you!
Test Subject
#125 Old 29th Oct 2008 at 10:48 AM
For some reason I cant Install your skills book.It comes up with a error when trying to install it, it says(using Q-Express):Error 380:Invalid property value.
Can you do something abouthis please?
Page 5 of 12