Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

sHoNi's Vampire Overhaul - [Island Paradise Update! Please redownload! New functionalities added!]

by shoni89P Posted 21st Nov 2010 at 2:53 AM - Updated 25th Jun 2013 at 1:30 PM by shoni89P : Update for 1.55 & Island Paradise EP + added new functionalities

578 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 386 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 24
Test Subject
#26 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:07 PM
I have some questions, I'm playing in Rivertown and I've made some sims in town vampires.
They do live, they seems to be getting along in town at night. However with this mod, since it modifies thirst parameters, is there a greater chance they will die of hunger (I don't play them myself)? I find characters I don't play with more stupid sometimes....
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 6:44 PM
I agree with MadLord, it would be awsome if the vampires could kill sims by drinking from them too often :P
Test Subject
#28 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 7:18 PM Last edited by pbrad08 : 21st Nov 2010 at 7:41 PM.
This mod caused me to lose any dialog options between sims. Thy literally cant interact with each other.

EDIT: Mod conflicts TuneableGameCore's "Rediscover Traits"

There are some walls, and...some ceilings, WAIT!, just one ceiling.

~Caboose~
(RedvsBlue)
Test Subject
#29 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 7:36 PM
You are awesome! Thank you for this, it makes the vampires way more realistic. I wish that they were broken up individually so that way I can use all but the vampire alter mod, because (yes, I am silly) but I really like using the modded alter by Tremerion. I will keep an eye out for a separate download of your awesome mod! Thanks again!!! I look forward to using it soon
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 7:37 PM
This is really much appreciated. I haven't yet played the game with this mod installed but Sims 3 Dashboard says that it conflits with my No CAS age staggering mod. Can this be helped? Here's the link for the mod http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=351689

If I do not congratulate you on your birthday or any other special occasion, then I may not know you?

I'm good at what I do but I suck at actually doing it :P
Test Subject
#31 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LovethMia
You know according to vamp folklore, after a few thousand years or so, they are not negatively affected by daylight...

You said it LovethMia - But I'll be damned: Vampires did neither sparkle nor burn in the sun, at all.

Dracula himself was actually shown walking in broad daylight with NO blisters, burns or any signs of fairy dust on him

The whole "misconception" was born in the early 19 century, through primarily the horror movies "Nosferatu" and "Dracula". The first mentioned did so to avoid any accusations by the Stoker family of plagiary. This quickly spread like wildfire into the mainstream mind(!)

Wanna be true to the Old Vampire myths, legends and folklore?
Download Tremerion's mods, VampireMood Twilight", which prevents the Too Much Sun moodlet setting in for 24h, quite useful for creating "realistic vampires". Snort.

Hm... That sounded strangely subliminal...
Test Subject
#32 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 8:26 PM
i placed it in the mods folder but it doesn't appear there.. :/

"A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines."
- Frank Lloyd Wright (1868-1959)
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Apolloboy109
[I]
I want vampires to have ultimate power and control over whoever they choose to bite. A vampire attacks, he does not ask permission. If he kills the person, this is no different than one of my boys who tried to fix a neighbors TV and was electrocuted and died. Let them be true hunters of the night.

And lastly, vampires bite on the neck, no matter the sex of their victim. No wrist bites either that's just too Dark Shadows aka Barnabas Collins.

Good idea that i second, it will make the Vampire true Immortal god, would love to see other stuff, like take complete control of ghost or Vampire Curse (give negative moodlet and increased stat decrease) and maybe even more Mental Power.

Still thanks for all that and please continue your Hard Work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 2:07 AM
Hurray! Thank you, this tunning sounds just perfect for me. A million thanks really <3
Test Subject
#35 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 4:00 AM
Default ditto
Quote: Originally posted by Dannyangel94
I downloaded the mod (because its what I've been looking for!!!) But... It won't show up in my game. I put it in the right file but I don't know why it won't show up. Any ideas?
Edit: Some parts of the mod show up, like the immortality. But they still have the neck tattoo and the V's when they sleep. Is it possiblly that it doesn't work with vampires I've turned before I downloaded the mod?

am looking fiorward to getting this working. Great ideas.

Game with mod still shows neck tattoos, vvvs when sleeping ....
Test Subject
#36 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 5:30 AM
I love the immortal and Burst into flames idea! Shame I have to get rid of the "V" neck tattoo, I liked the neck tattoo. And I like the neck bites only. When I go to get blood from other sims by the wrist, it looks like my vamp is groveling at the human sims feet begging for food. The sims has this look of disgust as the vamp chows down on the arm like a lowly scavenger. Very un-vampire like. Good job nevertheless! I'll be waiting for the flame updates.

P.S. -I want kid/teen Vampires!
Test Subject
#37 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 5:34 AM
Another good Idea is that a vamps can take blood from teens and children.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#38 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whothefcuk
I have some questions, I'm playing in Rivertown and I've made some sims in town vampires.
They do live, they seems to be getting along in town at night. However with this mod, since it modifies thirst parameters, is there a greater chance they will die of hunger (I don't play them myself)? I find characters I don't play with more stupid sometimes....

Hi =)
I don't think so because my mod alters the thirst bar so that id decays MORE SLOWLY and it *should* in a way prevent death from thirst. A known issue is that celeb vampires that live in a § house with a garden, will stay under the sun even on daytime (stupid EA free will) I recommend using some sort of workaround like Twallan's/NRAAS Story Progression mod (which do not let NPC vampires to go out under the sun unless for work/important things).
NPC Free will is stupid, I know. =)

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

VISIT MY DEVIANTART GALLERY FOR VIDEOGAME-BASED ARTWORKS!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#39 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kittykat999
I like this, but i would like a mod that turns other sims into vampires after using the "Drink" interaction too much. Like maybe 3-5 times in a row. I think it would be cooler than using the "Turn" interaction. I would also like vampires to be fed when using the "Turn" interaction. They still look like their sucking their blood, so why aren't they fed?
But anyhow, i really didn't like that ugly neck tatoo thingy, and i really like everything else. Thanks!

Hi =)
I will keep that in mind for my next update =) Nice advice

"If you wanna make the world a better place, take a look at yourself and then make the change" [Michael Jackson]

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#40 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JoshyAulder
From what I've read it looks good, except one thing, the part where it says "on wrist of same gender sim". I'd much rather it be reversed so that the opposite gender is bitten on the wrist and the same gender on the neck, or maybe on the neck for both genders (I think you can guess why I want this ). I also tried downloading it and it said that the webpage was not available, any idea why? It said that each and every time I tried D:

Hi =)
You totally agree, sorry for not having posted an alternative mod from the beginning (I am doing it right now). Hope you like it =)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#41 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pcexpert
The fruit is a bad idea, even with 3 they die from thirst.
NPC Vamps use their abilities very rare, as the ai chooses random between all actions.

Hi =)
As I stated before, my mod lowers the decay rate of Vampires thirst bar, so *accidentally NPCs* death by thirst *should* be rarer now.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#42 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SheriD
Will this interfere with Twallen's Master Controller mod? Your mod sounds great and I would LOVE to use it, but I don't want to have two conflicting mods in my game.

Hi =)
No, this isn't a Core Mod (forgot to stress it). I use all of Twallan's Mods (even the Master Controller) and I can assure you there are NO conflicts at all with his Mods (all of them).

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#43 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by abcde7945
Thank you so much Shoni89P, this is a truly terrifying overhaul... Vampires are becoming more animalistic than ever!

I am sincerely grateful for this one. However, I already have a few "vampire mods" that conflict - and I do feel selfish for requesting this, but - could you possibly separate these mods into individual packages?

Having zero knowledge within this field, I don't really know how to delve into the mod you uploaded to do this myself, so I ask of you, IF you actually have the time on your hands, that you might do this? I'd be eternally grateful. Pun intended.

Thank you so much in advance, no matter your answer!

Hi =)
I am posting right now a small update to split the major edits of my Overhaul. Hope you like it =)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#44 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Dannyangel94
I downloaded the mod (because its what I've been looking for!!!) But... It won't show up in my game. I put it in the right file but I don't know why it won't show up. Any ideas?
Edit: Some parts of the mod show up, like the immortality. But they still have the neck tattoo and the V's when they sleep. Is it possiblly that it doesn't work with vampires I've turned before I downloaded the mod?

Hi =)
The "V" still appearing is my bad, sorry xD I forgot to add the functionality in the main package. However I will post right now an update with this functionality finally included. Oh, for the neck tattoo thing, you have to delete your cache files before, otherwise only newborn vampires won't have the tattoo. Simply delete your cache (like when you install a new skin) and start again the game. It should work then.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 8:58 AM
Awesome! I'm enjoying your mod so far, but would like appreciate something... As of right now your mod conflicts with No CAS Age Stagger (Immortality), is there any chance of getting a compatible version? Preferably with the No Stagger functionality combined with the immortality?

Much appreciated,

-II
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#46 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ImitationInstance
Awesome! I'm enjoying your mod so far, but would like appreciate something... As of right now your mod conflicts with No CAS Age Stagger (Immortality), is there any chance of getting a compatible version? Preferably with the No Stagger functionality combined with the immortality?

Much appreciated,

-II

Hi =)
a compatible version is rather easy to do, but I must ask for permission first (to do the compatible version). Or simplier, ask the creator of the mod to update the mod himself =) I will pm the creator and wait for his answer.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#47 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:38 AM Last edited by Aliera : 22nd Nov 2010 at 7:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by shoni89P
Hi =)
As I stated before, my mod lowers the decay rate of Vampires thirst bar, so *accidentally NPCs* death by thirst *should* be rarer now.

If they get thirsty, why don't they just bite a sim? I tryed for hours, had a NPC vampire screaming of thirst and still didn't bite my sim that was there for the taking. Is it because it was a public place?

If you could keep the options opened, I would rather that my sim was just a donner and not turned into a vampire after being bitten those 4-5 times. Sorry, too many Anne Rice. I'd always prefer that they have a choice.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 9:38 AM
Will your vampire mod make them also drink and turn others autonomous shoni89P?
If not you should put it also in your mod I would love it to see my vampire and the npc ones could use this abillitys also on their own will! :-)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#49 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tanja1986
Will your vampire mod make them also drink and turn others autonomous shoni89P?
If not you should put it also in your mod I would love it to see my vampire and the npc ones could use this abillitys also on their own will! :-)

Hi =)
Those Drink and Turn interactions are already autonomous by default Tanja, but still happen very rarely. I'll try to find out how to increase this autonomous thing.

Instructor
THANKS POST
#50 Old 22nd Nov 2010 at 10:13 AM
The only thing I found were that always when a vampire will do this interactions like drinking and turning there is a romantic interaction before! The only exception was made by Morgana Hemlock, maybe because she is insane? She was the only npc vampire who offered to bite my sim and also aksed for nutrients without romantic interests! I never saw it from other vampires without romantic interactions before they start to do this things autonomous! But I cant say if this is important to know.
Page 2 of 24